Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(11-05-2022, 01:33 PM)Moviemavguy Wrote: Well I think it's pretty obvious that Wood has earned it which is why this is a head scratcher for so many people.  I mean, pure talent alone puts Wood way ahead of Powell and McGee.  I'm fine with Powell earning his minutes by working hard, but Wood is a different level of player.

I will say this again because I don't think people are getting it -- I see evidence that this is an issue of Kidd demanding "team" takes precedence over "me and my minutes/stats" whereas Wood doesn't tend to operate that way. And this is Luka's team, not Wood's, so this issue is NOT negotiable.

Whether it's a major fight, where Wood simply refuses to care and expects to just do what he prefers, or whether it's just a process of doing the "training" work game after game (minutes, etc being used to remind and reinforce) remains to be seen. I'm hopeful it's the latter, not the former. And Kidd definitely has the skins on the wall of being a real teacher, who figures out how to get willing players to form good habits to the benefit of both them and the team, so there's that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by F Gump - 11-05-2022, 03:28 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM