Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(10-30-2022, 10:12 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I think Wood should be playing more, but you can make the case now is the time you have his best attention.   So, if there is a bigger picture in all this, I can understand it.    Although, it will tricky and will require both the coach and player to work together to a common goal.

As I look at our team currently what makes it tricky is we really don't have a closing 5.  

I’m in agreement with Wood getting 28 or so.  Much more than that is difficult without him getting a lot of solo-big minutes.

Didn’t we just go on a pretty nice playoff run with Maxi/DFS/Bullock and Luka as four of our five closers.  Brunson was the other (though Dinwiddie did get the call a few times). Both Brunson and Dinwiddie were pretty clutch when surrounded by the other four.

Where we are now is we have 3-4 candidates for the job and none have really proven worthy (of course, two weeks in last season, Brunson hadn’t claimed the mantle yet either).  I think you can close with Wood, but he has to be paired with Maxi.  I think you can clearly close with Dinwiddie, Luka and the three defenders.  He proved capable of it last season.  I’m less enamored with THJ as a closer.  The fourth possibility is Green.  I’d love to seem him closing second quarters with regularity in preparation for future game closeouts.  Who knows if he will be ready for the job this season.

What is the saying, if you have two candidates for starting quarterback, you probably don’t have any (since neither is good enough to put his competitor away).  If you have four candidates for the 5th closer, you probably don’t have the one you really need yet.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by DanSchwartzgan - 10-30-2022, 04:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM