Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(10-30-2022, 08:44 AM)Kammrath Wrote: But if he is not given a chance to truly succeed and put in a position to succeed and is also antagonized, then it will be a self-fulfilling prophecy by Kidd no matter how many games...."see I told you this wouldn't work."

I think Wood should be playing more, but you can make the case now is the time you have his best attention.   So, if there is a bigger picture in all this, I can understand it.    Although, it will tricky and will require both the coach and player to work together to a common goal.

As I look at our team currently what makes it tricky is we really don't have a closing 5.   Heck we might just have a closing 1.   Last year, at the end you had Luka, Brunson and DFS.   Typically Bullock or Din would be the other player with a big.    I think DFS should still be closing but right now it is all a little clunky and there has not been separation with most of the guys on who should be closing.   So it can be difficult for a coach because it is easy to question after the fact.   Again, I think Wood should be playing more, but I would be interested to know the full story behind the scenes.   Also, it pains me watching everyone watching Luka late in games.    Is this the way we think it is the best to play?   He is great and should take a lot of our important shots.  I just hate how we get there.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by Chicagojk - 10-30-2022, 10:12 AM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM