Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(10-25-2022, 10:16 PM)BolsDamols Wrote:

That's not really what I have in mind.

I have no doubt Wood can take a shot off from an assist with the clock winding down.
I'm thinking if Wood can work with 3 seconds left in the clock. 
If he can put a contested shot off when the defense is tight and there's no time to pass the ball to somebody else.

Now if there's more time like 7 to 8 seconds, then Wood is an option.
If the clock reads 7 seconds, Dirk can do a lot more than just step back 3. I bet in a way, Wood can too. Put him in ISO on seconds and he can drive the lane, bait for a foul and I'd think the last option for him is a mid range shot. But 2.7 seconds? Not sure there is time, unless he gets an inbound pass close to the rim.

I guess what I'm pointing out is, when the game goes down the wire, it never hurts to have designed plays for the team's other star/scorers.

Ideally, if the clock reads 7 seconds and above, Luka needs to touch the ball and get something going. But if his go to move in the last 7 seconds is a step back 3 at every type of possession, that's just bad decision making and bad coaching.

I'd give Luka a pass on this one though. 2.7 seconds is just too little a time for a slow player like him. And that nobody else can do much about it either.  This is where the coaching staff should help. RC would have designed plays for the Jet to go around screens and take a pass, or Peja for the matter, or have Kidd throw up an oop for Marion or TC. Dirk was the primary threat, but isn't always the only threat.

I would think Kidd knew this.

Last second step back 3s from Luka looks good and feels good when it connects. But doesn't look like the strongest of plays when teams know it's the only play.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | averaging 36 pts, 14 rbds per 36 mins - by Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 10-25-2022, 11:06 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM