Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(10-24-2022, 04:49 PM)michaeltex Wrote: Hardaway was part of the cost of trading for the failed experiment that was KP. He was a streaky scorer who seemed to improve with proximity to the rookie supernova from Slovenia.

He didn't seem the same last season. At least he hadn't contributed much in the one area DAL counted on, scoring. Interesting that THJ got hurt, KP got traded, playing rotation got tighter and the Mavs looked like a contender.

So I wonder if he'll get a modified KP treatment this fall. Dedicate some playing time, maybe run the occasional play and hope he puts up decent numbers leading up to the TDL. He has to realize that, without doing something spectacular,  he's getting to an age that he's JAG.

FWIW:  There is speculation that the genesis of the KP trade was the Mavs reaching out to the Knicks about THJ.  I've read that multiple times on these boards so I can't provide an original source.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | averaging 36 pts, 14 rbds per 36 mins - by cow - 10-24-2022, 04:52 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM