Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(10-23-2022, 02:13 AM)cow Wrote: So why has this guy bounced around so much? 

This is the great question. Some of it is easy to answer, some not.

• So on his first four teams he was just one of those guys trying to make an NBA roster. He was undrafted so the "pedigree" wasn't there that causes teams give guys a million chances. 
  • When he got to DET he absolutely broke out and was a GREAT NBA player and it was hard to deny (at this point I personally started wanting him even though I liked what I saw in his summer league stint with DAL and said so at the time, loved his motor and he popped off the screen to me). This season with DET got him the deal with HOU (3 yr/$41M) which was a big deal for an undrafted guy. 
  • Then he spent the last two seasons on the bottom feeding Rockets. They are doing a complete rebuild where a guy entering his later 20s isn't ideal. 
  • So on one level him bouncing around is easy to explain. BUT I think the bigger question is why he cost only a late 1st and garbage. There are rumblings about his effort and smarts and team mentality. I think we fans cannot know the truth, but I am confident the Mavs have all the info they need to proceed properly.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | 25 pts, 8 rbds in debut - by Kammrath - 10-23-2022, 07:39 AM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM