Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(10-22-2022, 03:10 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: Im just trying to point out we have a team littered with players that have glaring flaws or lack basic bball skills.

I personally would prefer to not have someone on the court that is so bad offensively.  In the playoffs when teams tighten it up, your star has to pass out of tough defense...and if he is surrounded by guys that fumble the ball, dont know how to pass, cant catch a pass, make lazy passes, cant put the ball on the floor or just have little feel for the game of basketball...I think its bad.   You need more well rounded players that also play defense and have decent height.

I dont want to pile on Maxi...I just dont like putting players like that on the court.  My opinion.  I dont want dudes that can only stand and shoot on offense.

Is there a single team in the league that doesn´t have at least 1-2 of those guys? Many of them could sign with any contender and immediately get minutes. Just looking at some of the bigger guys that play PF/C.  PJ Tucker (cannot dribble, cannot finish in the paint). RoCo (cannot dribble, cannot finish in the paint). As others already stated. You don´t need five guys that can do it all (of course you want that in a perfect scenario but how many teams have that? GS, maybe Boston...the two finalists).

Lets reverse the conversation. How important is Maxi´s flexibility on defense. If a Mavs player misses a rotation or cannot stay in front of his defender. If Luka is struggling on defense. Who is going to make up for it? Maybe the guy that can do it all on defense. Can defend the post. Can switch and defend the perimeter. Offers some rim protection. Boxes out. Is there another guy on the team that can do all of that. Is he the only well rounded defender? And what about the league. How many guys can do all of that? What kind of role do they have? How much money do they make?
[-] The following 4 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • ballsrchr, MFFL, mvossman, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | 25 pts, 8 rbds in debut - by dirkfansince1998 - 10-22-2022, 03:40 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM