Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(10-22-2022, 10:38 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Not sure he views the $17M as his max extension amount as starter money that he said he is looking for. If so, I’m in on him for that amount.

Tough to know what's best in the Wood situation. 

He's very talented. The best version of him is worth quite a bit. And, he of course wants quite a bit, so my guess is that he's going to play really hard (and well, most of the time) here this season. We're all going to grow to like him a lot, I'd bet. 

But, his history says he doesn't work hard consistently. Maybe he's turned a corner, and the teams in Detroit and Houston just weren't operating at a high enough level for it to matter, and that's why he slacked off at times, missing practices, etc. Or, maybe that's just who he is, and the second he gets extended, re-signed, whatever, he's immediately going to relax and return to an underwhelming state.

If it's the latter, extending him right away might be the worst possible choice. 

Then again, if they let him walk for nothing, Brunson-style, I'll have to be miserable for another entire summer. I don't know how many of those I have left in me as a Mavs fan. 

Is it possible that the best, safest course of action is to trade him at the deadline? Maybe he's the prize you mix in with Powell's contract to get an established guy?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | 25 pts, 8 rbds in debut - by KillerLeft - 10-22-2022, 10:47 AM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM