Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
I made a point awhile ago that Dallas front office appears really deliberate.   I am not saying that is a bad thing.  Both deliberate and aggressive can both work.  I personally feel there is a time for both.  For instance, my main issue losing Jalen is not that we didn't offer 25 million a year, it was not making him warm and fuzzy last offseason trying to sign him last offseason.  I didn't think he would take that offer, but at least he would have known he was wanted.   It turned out he would have accepted that.  It still pains me how differently I would feel about our roster if he was in place of Hardaway...anyway, moving on.  

I am not saying the Mavs should offer Wood an extension now, but they need to do it sooner or later (around 20 game mark), if they like him.   It is probably very unlikely he accepts a 4 yr, 78 million dollar deal.  But there is something to say having security now, vs waiting 6 months.   Even if he declines, at least he knows you want to resign him.   In fact, if he declines, I keep checking in weekly showing how much we value him.

Maybe after 20 games, we all feel we don't see him as a long term fit.  But if we do, we have to offer him sooner than later.  If we get to the trade deadline, there is no way he signs and will wait until the offseason to get a bigger payday.  Early in the season could potentially be a different story.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | 25 pts, 8 rbds in debut - by Chicagojk - 10-22-2022, 10:35 AM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM