Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(10-21-2022, 12:09 PM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: Part of my problem with the Kidd hire was their were reports of him using “mind games” with players. I just find that approach, in any setting or relationship to be disingenuous and misguided. Just say what your expectations are and he’ll either meet them or not and you have your answer. It’s fine to call people out or occasionally get angry with them— those are all natural human responses to stress or disappointment. Premeditating some scheme to manipulate a response you want from another (adult) human is, frankly, a little weird. Christian Wood isn’t 5 years old. If he’s so problematic don’t trade for him. Just my opinion.

Wood's past history indicates that at times he acted like he was 5 years old. As for not trading for him, look at what we gave up once again. It was well worth the risk. Kidd has to do his work with him. 

I largely agree with Smitty about Wood's future, but the Mavs need to prove us wrong, because right now, take away Luka, and Wood *is* the Mavericks' talent quotient.

(10-21-2022, 11:28 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Give a guy that probably isn´t among the ten best players on the roster a starting role over Maxi but have concerns that Wood getting more minutes would upseat the hierarchy?

...and once again, after Luka, Wood *is* the hierarchy. Sorry, cow.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | 25 pts, 8 rbds in debut - by Scott41theMavs - 10-21-2022, 12:22 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM