Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(10-20-2022, 08:10 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: If Kidd continues on with this non-sense of pulling out Wood because of his "get-into the-defense-program-fist-before-you-play-mantra", then he is not just effectively putting the Mavs to a losing position, but also sabotaging a Wood possible re-sign.

It's bad enough when a player that good doesn't start, now pulling him out and making him feel like he is inadequate is just recipe for a less graceful, more hostile Jalen-Brunson like free agency.

This is not my own opinion but what I heard on the radio (can't remember the station). Kidd wanted to play the players from the playoff series to close out the 4th, after the terrible 3rd, and went as far to say that was the plan prior to tip (to show that it was earned and for culture reasons). Stressed that the players from last year earned the right to play in the 4th and that could explain the reluctance from Kidd to insert Wood back in over one of the 2-3 (Kleber/Bullock) that came through in last year's playoffs.

Also, I will repeat it regularly, do not get attached to Wood. Only two outcomes are possible IMO. He plays very well, and the Mavs won't pay him what it will cost to keep, or he starts to dislike his role and/or plays poorly where the Mavs wouldn't want to resign him anyway.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | 25 pts, 8 rbds in debut - by Smitty - 10-21-2022, 08:35 AM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM