Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | 98-96 win
I think this isn't a good look for Josh Green.
He had one steal and score on an inbounds pass, OKC probably didn't expect that hustle.
He had one lob, one open three.

He had ONE good drive.
I was expecting more of that aggressiveness.
BUT it's not there.

He was on the floor with Hardy and Frank and he was DEFERRING to those two. That shouldn't be the case.

It's one pre-season game and maybe he doesn't want to look like someone who suddenly gets the blinders up, but c'mon man, he needs to be the offense in a line-up with Frank, Hardy and Dorsey.

(10-05-2022, 08:49 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Dorsey looks bad...maybe should have stayed overseas for more money

Probably nervous, he would bounce back.
Need to attack though and not just shoot from 3.
Like Reply
(10-05-2022, 08:47 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Who is #35? I feel like the Mavs could really use someone like him on the team.

Excited about him, clearly he is slacking right now, probably playing with 60% effort, but still getting his.
Love the rebounding and ballhandling.
Like Reply
Still like Eugene. Probably more than any of the guys the Mavs have competiting for roster spots.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
If Luka and Dinwiddie step on each other´s ankle, we are coming for Wembanyama. Big Grin 

Ntilikina ain´t getting it done. He´s like Rubio without the defense, court vision and passing.
Like Reply
Hardy is raw but he has some nice instincts
Like Reply
(10-05-2022, 09:00 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: If Luka and Dinwiddie step on each other´s ankle, we are coming for Wembanyama. Big Grin 

Ntilikina ain´t getting it done. He´s like Rubio without the defense, court vision and passing.

Defense is legit. You just have to park him in the corner and hope that the other team is stupid enough to guard him. His minutes and role should be somewhere in the range of the Suns series. 5-10 minutes of all out pressure on the opposing teams best ballhandler. Without any creation duty on offense.
Like Reply
(10-05-2022, 09:03 PM)Jym Wrote: Hardy is raw but he has some nice instincts

If only Josh Green has that aggressiveness.

Right now Hardy audacity > Green deferring.
Like Reply
(10-05-2022, 09:03 PM)Jym Wrote: Hardy is raw but he has some nice instincts

YEah, he will look good if he is making his shots.   It is when he is not making shots is where he needs to improve his game.  When he improves his non scoring skills then he will get playing time.  I don't think he will get many minutes this year, but he needs to coached hard.   He is a natural scorer but the rest of his game needs a lot of work.   I said it at the draft though...I loved the gamble.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(10-05-2022, 08:47 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Who is #35? I feel like the Mavs could really use someone like him on the team.

The guy that’s -7? Your favorite stat.
Like Reply
(10-05-2022, 09:08 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: If only Josh Green has that aggressiveness.

Right now Hardy audacity > Green deferring.

wouldn't be able to guard him with a center
Like Reply
There is a happy medium between Green taking like 4 shots and Hardy shooting every time he touches the ball.   But I would love to see in a meaningless preseason game with starters out for Green to get 12 plus shots up.

All in all, I thought Green looked good in the first half.  He sort of played how he will play in the regular season with the full team.  I just want to see him stretched in these games that don't count.
Like Reply
(10-05-2022, 08:49 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Dorsey looks bad...maybe should have stayed overseas for more money

I was wondering whether there is some wink wink -"transition to full 15th roster spot later" deal, cause I´m not sure I get it either.
Like Reply
Like #17 and impressed with Hardy after being really disappointed in summer league.
Like Reply
As long as Hardy is open, he seems to knock them down confidently. Just think with his release and size he needs space to get his shots off. If only we had an attention magnet. Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • Hypermav
Like Reply
McKinley Wright had 10 assists and no turnovers.   Things seems to settle when he was on the floor when it became a glorified pickup game.   He made good decisions though.
Like Reply
Dorsey needs to play with the end of bench guys. See what he can really do when he is the offense. We already have a glimpse of what Hardy can do.
Like Reply
(10-05-2022, 09:22 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: McKinley Wright had 10 assists and no turnovers.

Hell of a game. Is it a fluke?
Like Reply
Not having a turnover in this game is a miracle.
Like Reply
(10-05-2022, 09:23 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Hell of a game. Is it a fluke?

No idea. And, I haven't been watching too closely, but he has looked like the best player on the court at times.
Like Reply
Ntilikina had a real rough night. -12 in 12 minutes, no assists, two turnovers. Honestly Green and DFS are not point guards but I trust them more to break down a defense with a straight line drive &dump off pass, than I trust Ntilikina to run any sort of offense.
Like Reply