Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | 98-96 win
Sigh...first glimpse of Wood with a center. Jesus, I hope he gets back in defensive transition faster than that during the regular season.

Dana Larson is currently comparing McGee to 2011 Tyson Chandler. 

Shoot me.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Bullock out there reminding everyone that it's not January yet.
Like Reply
(10-05-2022, 07:49 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Sigh...first glimpse of Wood with a center. Jesus, I hope he gets back in defensive transition faster than that during the regular season.

Dana Larson is currently comparing McGee to 2011 Tyson Chandler. 

Shoot me.
Did you hear I think it was Tim saying "former Mav great Tyler Bey"?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Dinwiddie and Green both look good. I hope Dinwiddie doesn't blow an ACL trying to win a preseason game by himself.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
(10-05-2022, 07:55 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Did you hear I think it was Tim saying "former Mav great Tyler Bey"?

That was tongue in cheek
Like Reply
Giddey is one of my favorite players to watch. Really hope that at some point the Thunder will stop tanking and we will get to see him on a competitive team.
Like Reply
lob that Josh
Like Reply
Isn't JaVale 6 years older than Tyson was when he arrived?  Whatever it doesn't matter.
Like Reply
Only one half of one preseason game but I wish they had just used the first rounder to dump salary so they could re-sign....well you know who
Like Reply
(10-05-2022, 07:49 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Sigh...first glimpse of Wood with a center. Jesus, I hope he gets back in defensive transition faster than that during the regular season.

He is not a starting center on a good team...especially on the defensive end.  The data is clear.  He's an acceptable defender as a PF.  I get the thought that we play best when everyone on the floor can hit a three.  But JKidd wants a top-5 D.  He won't get it with Wood getting significant minutes as the lone big.
Like Reply
Dwight Powell. NBPA Player representative. Member of the leadership council. Hasn´t missed a FT so far.
Like Reply
Wood should average 10rpg this year easily
Like Reply
2nd half will be a preview for any potential non Luka/SD minutes in the regular season.
Like Reply
(10-05-2022, 08:06 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: He is not a starting center on a good team...especially on the defensive end.  The data is clear.  He's an acceptable defender as a PF.  I get the thought that we play best when everyone on the floor can hit a three.  But JKidd wants a top-5 D.  He won't get it with Wood getting significant minutes as the lone big.

It's actually the defensive end that worries me about him playing the 4. It has very little to do with shooting 3's (though not nothing). For me it's about foot speed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply
Yeah they need another PG. Go ahead and dump one of these end-of-roster scrubs and go get DJ Augustin ASAP!
Like Reply
Really sloppy.

Thought Green had a solid first half but I wanted him to be more aggressive looking for his shot. To go most of the third quarter until 3 1/2 left before he took his first shot was disappointing.

Wood is going to need a lot of coaching to change his bad habits.  Hopefully he is a willing student.
Like Reply
Contested 20ft jumpshots with 15s left on the clock. Someone in the analytics department probably just died inside.
Like Reply
And there is a glimpse of the talent we are all hoping for. Wood with 7pts in one minute. Doing it all.
Like Reply
Who is #35? I feel like the Mavs could really use someone like him on the team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
Dorsey looks bad...maybe should have stayed overseas for more money
Like Reply