Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | 98-96 win
(10-05-2022, 10:47 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Powell and a second for Crowder, duh. But the Mavs "aren't interested in Crowder."

Do we have a second left? Has Crowder anything left (I really don´t know.)?
Like Reply
If Powell is not interested in being traded, then it will not happen.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(10-05-2022, 07:19 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: His assertion was 6-10 minutes for the first 20 games and you've carved out five already.  So, you aren't that far apart. 

Yeah, I got what he was saying. But as I noted ("You only have 5 minutes left over to do all of the following: (a) play some of the players above a few more minutes, (b) give minutes to any of Franky, Bertans, Hardy, Dorsey, Pinson, and (c ) play Powell") what tiny minutes are left over feels to me like it's feeding a LOT of mouths rather than all necessarily being used to please Powell, and I'm more inclined to expect we see Powell as one of those "be ready" guys (as RC used to call them) rather than a regular part of the rotation. We'll see.

I don't expect he will be showcased for a possible trade, fwiw, since his potential value is in his expiring contract and not from someone desperate for his play. imo

(10-05-2022, 07:19 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I'm also not sure Wood is getting 28 in the first 20 games.  I think that's probably his season average assuming things go well, but maybe not to start.  It also seems like, based on the televised practice, that Wood may not get the center minutes most envisioned.  That means the potential for 48 center minutes being shared by McGee, Maxi and Powell...at least to start the season..

I think Wood is the backup C and will be slotted to take most of the minutes after McGee. I think Maxi will slide over to the 4, since he is more 3-and-D and a better defender (especially on the perimeter), and that Maxi will get minutes left at C, plus minutes at the 4 behind DFS.

And there are so many mouths to feed already, that there's basically nothing left for Powell (until someone is sitting a game).

Even if we see a minute or two less being given to one of these guys, there's others who are higher on the priority list, and not penciled in for enough.

Something like this:
C - MeGee (15), Wood (28 or less), Maxi (5 or more)
PF - DFS (33 or less), Maxi (15 or more)
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/...6682022918
Like Reply
(10-05-2022, 03:06 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/...6682022918

This may be indicative of who the Mavs see as "next man up" in the PG rotation (or, literally, their 3rd PG), with Ntilikina being given the start in Luka's absence.
Like Reply
I hope we see Josh Green demonstrate the hype.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(10-05-2022, 03:33 PM)F Gump Wrote: This may be indicative of who the Mavs see as "next man up" in the PG rotation (or, literally, their 3rd PG), with Ntilikina being given the start in Luka's absence.

Are you sure? SD is the PG, not Frank.

Green is the Backup PG, Frank plays probably Wing in that lineup.

Also Green was in the rotation last season, and has clearly more room of improvement. Don't see how Frank will have the edge over Green.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sefant's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
The only thing I’m trying to take from this game is can we do anything when Spencer is on the bench.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
Mark Cuban drives a hard bargain so Dwight and I have settled on 4 years, 64 million.  Bargain.
Like Reply
(10-05-2022, 05:01 PM)sefant Wrote: Are you sure? SD is the PG, not Frank. 

Two ways to answer that ...

1 Mavs stated approach is 2 PGs, Luka and SD - so whoever is "next man up" to one of them being out is who they see as their 3rd PG

2 Mavs lineup is
G1 - Luka ... and Ntilikina is playing instead
G2 - SD  ...who is playing
Wing 1 - DFS ...who is playing
Wing 2 - RB ...who is playing
Center - McGee ... and Wood is playing instead
Like Reply
Game can be found at mavs.com,  

https://www.mavs.com/livestream/
Like Reply
Actual Starters:

Powell
DFS
Bullock
Green
Dinwiddie
Like Reply
(10-05-2022, 07:10 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Actual Starters:

Powell

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
I like that Wood can bring the ball up after he cleans the glass. 

In the best case scenario of this experiment, he's the player the Mavs thought they were getting in Porzingis.

My goodness is he behind the "chemistry curve" with this team, however. Probably to be expected this early, but I hope he's trying to learn fast.

Lol, they are literally running the offense through Finney-Smith. I'm the president of his fan club and I know better than that.
Like Reply
(10-05-2022, 07:29 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I like that Wood can bring the ball up after he cleans the glass. 

In the best case scenario of this experiment, he's the player the Mavs thought they were getting in Porzingis.

My goodness is he behind the "chemistry curve" with this team, however. Probably to be expected this early, but I hope he's trying to learn fast.

Lol, they are literally running the offense through Finney-Smith. I'm the president of his fan club and I know better than that.

My hopes for Wood are discount Amar'e.

My fears are he is empty calories and just doesn't understand the team game.
Like Reply
Bigs aren´t getting any touches. 3rd string guards are chucking away. Expected as all of them are trying to earn minutes but maybe they could at least try to run some kind of offense every now and then.
Like Reply
(10-05-2022, 07:37 PM)cow Wrote: My hopes for Wood are discount Amar'e.

Oh, man, that's not a comparison I would've ever thought of. 

I don't think he's going to be anywhere near as physically imposing as Stoudemire was, but I can already tell he's way more skilled. He has a variety of dribble moves that seem quite polished. Won't help unless what's between his ears is right, but we can hope!

(10-05-2022, 07:38 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Bigs aren´t getting any touches. 3rd string guards are chucking away. Expected as all of them are trying to earn minutes but maybe they could at least try to run some kind of offense every now and then.

Yeah, I was just about to say it seems like a disorganized pickup game. Not sure if that's normal for preseason or what. Haven't watched many games yet this year.
Like Reply
It´s preseason but so far Wood isn´t making his case for improved defense and effort.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Jommybone, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Not sure who #23 is, but I'm becoming a fan.

(10-05-2022, 07:42 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: It´s preseason but so far Wood isn´t making his case for improved defense and effort.

Doesn't seem like he likes to pass it out of double teams, either.

He definitely has more in the post than Porzingis, however. 

Have I mentioned lately how glad I am that he's gone?
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
Can already tell that I won´t be a fan of Wood/non shooting big lineups.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply