Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RFA: Ayton agrees to 4yr/$133M offer w/ IND | PHX matches
https://twitter.com/_TradeDeadline/statu...4570178561
Like Reply
(07-14-2022, 02:57 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Turner/McConnell to Dallas
Powell/THJ to Phoenix
Ayton to Indiana

Actually makes even more sense than a direct follow-up trade between the Mavs/Pacers after Ayton signs with the Pacers, since Phoenix has a use for both Powell/THJ, unlike Indiana, if we are honest.

Also Goga is $4.76M so the Pacers might look to dump a promising young player for nothing. Luckily we don´t even have a shitty TPE from Brunson. Cry

I fail to see how this makes any sense for Phoenix. With Ayton gone they need a center and Turner>>>>Powell
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Ayton vindicated. He was worth a max offer on the open market, being cheap with him last offseason backfired on Phoenix
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply
(07-14-2022, 03:47 PM)MrGoat Wrote: Ayton vindicated. He was worth a max offer on the open market, being cheap with him last offseason backfired on Phoenix

Or...

Phoenix vindicated.  Ayton was a nice complementary piece at $10m, but a really bad deal at the max.  A serious overpay ends up miring Indiana in mediocrity for the next 4 years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(07-14-2022, 03:34 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Any useful pieces among the castoffs for our 15th roster spot?

Duane Washington Jr was in their rotation. He can really shoot the rock,  watched him when he was at The Ohio State. I'm sure some team will pick him up.
Like Reply
Duane Washington is Derek Fischer's nephew. So there's that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 903Mavs's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-14-2022, 04:01 PM)903Mavs Wrote: Duane Washington is Derek Fischer's nephew. So there's that.

Make it happen Nico.. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-14-2022, 03:52 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Duane Washington Jr was in their rotation. He can really shoot the rock,  watched him when he was at The Ohio State. I'm sure some team will pick him up.

He played well in one of the times we played the Pacers.   It was the only time I saw him play though.

I guess this is a big deal for the Pacers fans.  The ownership group with Indy doesn't like signing offer sheets to restricted free agents.   Thinks it goes against some code with the other owners.  That would make me so mad if I was a Pacers fan.   Ayton will fit in well there, but I would be very surprised if PHX doesn't match.  If not sign and trade is agreed upon, I expect he will be back.

But that is an expensive team in PHX.   They could give away Crowder knowing that owner.
Like Reply
(07-14-2022, 04:01 PM)903Mavs Wrote: Duane Washington is Derek Fischer's nephew. So there's that.

Hmmm...so if the Mavs were to sign him then he'd ask to retire halfway through the season in order to spend more time with family only to sign on with OKC a couple of weeks later.  Wink
[-] The following 3 users Like Jmaciscool's post:
  • DallasMaverick, HoosierDaddyKid, ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(07-14-2022, 03:07 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: Can't he veto any trade in his 1st year? I remember I read that somewhere

He can. But I'm guessing since he doesn't want to be in PHX, I'd figure Ayton would agree to most deals that ship him out.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Will he end up in a fight with Matt Barnes' nephew?
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • Jmaciscool
Like Reply
Has to fight him to salvage the family name. In all seriousness, I don't know a ton about his game, save for watching him a handful of times. But he's 22 and shoot 37% from 3, sounds like a young guard who could eat into those vacated backcourt minutes provided if the Mavs truly do not have a bigger deal lined up.
Like Reply
(07-14-2022, 02:16 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: We can offer them 1 Dwight Powell for Myles Turner if they really want to cut costs.

Hield/Turner for THJ/Bertans saves them over $5m

Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...1751059457
Like Reply
(07-14-2022, 07:18 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...1751059457

Easy decision. It’s what any good FO would do.
[-] The following 3 users Like Smitty's post:
  • hakeemfaan, HoosierDaddyKid, omahen
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1547737806402834432
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]

Luka when he realizes that Cuban is cheaper than Sarver...
[-] The following 5 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • hakeemfaan, ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, omahen, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
holy moly, so no KD to Phoenix then?
[-] The following 1 user Likes BolsDamols's post:
  • Hypermav
Like Reply
(07-14-2022, 07:26 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: holy moly, so no KD to Phoenix then?

Ayton just earned himself a veto. Not sure if he will use it. Based on the rumors he really wanted to get out of Phoenix.
Like Reply
So literally the only free agent that changed teams above the MLE was Brunson. That´s the Peak of the Powder. Can´t make that shit up.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • hakeemfaan, SweetFidelia
Like Reply