Poll: How many games will the Mavs win in 2019-20?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
60+
0%
0 0%
57-59
0%
0 0%
54-56
0%
0 0%
51-53
16.13%
5 16.13%
48-50
16.13%
5 16.13%
45-47
32.26%
10 32.26%
42-44
29.03%
9 29.03%
39-41
6.45%
2 6.45%
36-38
0%
0 0%
35 or less
0%
0 0%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Pre-Training-Camp 2019-20 Mavs Record Predictions
(09-20-2019, 11:44 AM)fifteenth Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 11:09 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 11:05 AM)fifteenth Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 11:02 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: So people were telling me I was a homer back on 247 sports, yet I chose less wins than most. I guess everyone here is a bigger homer than me?  Tongue

yeah, I think you're on to something...most of the folks that have found the forum so far are us homers :-)
Better than having haters and Rox fans

Yeah, true...but Clutch is cool though  

Cool
Tongue
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1176149622559051784
Like Reply
I'm more in the 38-42 range; wouldn't surprise me to win/lose a few more, so many variables in place. 

One of my bigger concerns is the supporting cast like everybody else. I think with KP/Luka healthy, playing together, we are at least a .500 team if not better. But KP will miss some games, Luka too.

Are we a .500 team or better with only one of KP/Luka playing? KP will probably be load managed some, and Luka missed 10 games last year so who's the third banana that steps up? 

Like I said many times before, I think it has to be Brunson or to a lesser extent Jackson if we really want to have a successful season; if it's Delon or Seth or THJ, we def won't be close to playoff team in my eyes.
Like Reply
A little late but 51-53 is around my guess.

With Kristaps and Luka being so locked in this summer and how lofty their goals are, I expect them to be ready to rumble this season. Their games mesh so well. Its not like a 76ers situation where you have Ben Simmons who is better suited to run a run-n-gun type system due to his lack of shooting ability, and Embiid, who is better suited for a totally different system, and each are trying to play 2 different brands of ball.

The Luka-KP PnR is going to be so deadly. Barring injuries I think both are going to make a solid case for all-star and lead the Mavs to a strong season.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1176301144760606720

https://twitter.com/TamaraJolee/status/1...4585877506
Like Reply
(09-23-2019, 06:46 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: A little late but 51-53 is around my guess.

With Kristaps and Luka being so locked in this summer and how lofty their goals are, I expect them to be ready to rumble this season. Their games mesh so well. Its not like a 76ers situation where you have Ben Simmons who is better suited to run a run-n-gun type system due to his lack of shooting ability, and Embiid, who is better suited for a totally different system, and each are trying to play 2 different brands of ball.

The Luka-KP PnR is going to be so deadly. Barring injuries I think both are going to make a solid case for all-star and lead the Mavs to a strong season.

Man, I hope the Mavs win 50+ games.  

https://media.giphy.com/media/5b22NlenBX.../giphy.gif
Like Reply
Yeah as-is I'm thinking right around 46 wins and a 9th seed but really hoping to see some Playoff Luka. Maybe we'll make a move to solidified that other wing spot
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheAthleticDFW/statu...5263654912
Like Reply
I voted for 42-44. We have a fun squad if everybody is healthy but the moment Luka or KP go down we're in a rough spot. We're relatively deep with playable role player-types though which should be a positive factor in the regular season.
Like Reply
(09-24-2019, 09:09 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheAthleticDFW/statu...5263654912

This is a pretty good read and right up Kamm's alley! I really like the thought of Kleber and KP together for the thought of a stifling defense at the rim. They both can help stretch the defense as well. Put Wright (defense and driving ability) and Seth (shoot it anywhere for more stretching of the defense and decent enough defense) in there with that hopeful defensive buzzsaw and I'm getting really excited to see this team play!
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1176914313631739904
Like Reply
BR has us finishing at 22nd place overall this season...

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(09-27-2019, 06:19 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: BR has us finishing at 22nd place overall this season...

[Image: giphy.gif]

If they expect KP to get injured half way in, that might be right on.
Like Reply
It is amazing how classic the distribution is for the results of this poll....
Like Reply
I think this franchise hit rock bottom 2 seasons ago, when we won 24 games.

Last season, we improved our record by 9 wins to 33 wins.  Granted, we were not playing to win every game last season towards the end of the season, but we were relatively healthy.  Health and intent can wash out at times.

This season, I'm predicting a 10 game improvement to 43 wins.
Like Reply
Having seen nothing besides pics of our guys in the gym, give me 46 wins.

Hoping after training camp and preseason I can alter that projection for more!
Like Reply
(09-28-2019, 10:34 AM)DrMav Wrote: Having seen nothing besides pics of our guys in the gym, give me 46 wins.

Are you aware that every NBA team and basically every NBA player is posting similar gym picks?
Like Reply
(09-28-2019, 12:17 PM)omahen Wrote:
(09-28-2019, 10:34 AM)DrMav Wrote: Having seen nothing besides pics of our guys in the gym, give me 46 wins.

Are you aware that every NBA team and basically every NBA player is posting similar gym picks?

What, other people outside of Dallas take pictures? You’re kidding right?

Maybe the meaning of my post isn’t as obvious to you as it is to me since I wrote it, but Luka looking like he’s in better shape than last year when he was already awesome, and KP appearing to have morphed into a form that will both dominate and hold up physically is what I was pointing at. 

Would be interested if you could point out to me a few more teams that had both of their top 2 All-Star caliber players go through similar transformations over the summer. If you can, I’ll rescind some of my optimism, but I’m not counting on it.
Like Reply
(09-28-2019, 04:18 PM)DrMav Wrote:
(09-28-2019, 12:17 PM)omahen Wrote:

What, other people outside of Dallas take pictures? You’re kidding right?

Maybe the meaning of my post isn’t as obvious to you as it is to me since I wrote it, but Luka looking like he’s in better shape than last year when he was already awesome, and KP appearing to have morphed into a form that will both dominate and hold up physically is what I was pointing at. 

Would be interested if you could point out to me a few more teams that had both of their top 2 All-Star caliber players go through similar transformations over the summer. If you can, I’ll rescind some of my optimism, but I’m not counting on it.

You can go to any bleacher report team site (for example) and you will find tons of picks, videos and news how their players are getting better and better. Harden is shooting one legged step back threes now, Simmons is hitting jumpers, Embiid lost I don't know how many pounds, Fultz rediscovered his shot and so on and so on. And just about every fan base is excited about new season expecting miracles and magical improvements of their favorites. Because you know, everyone sees what he wants to see. 

I believe Mavs have two truly great players. However, a lot of things will need to go extremely well for Mavs to be playoff contenders. So I rather stay more careful with my expectations.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/IsaacLHarris/status/...9079903232
Like Reply