Poll: How do you grade this trade?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
65.67%
44 65.67%
A-
26.87%
18 26.87%
B
4.48%
3 4.48%
B-
2.99%
2 2.99%
C
0%
0 0%
C-
0%
0 0%
D
0%
0 0%
D-
0%
0 0%
F
0%
0 0%
Total 67 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU
(06-16-2022, 09:04 AM)MFFL Wrote: Here's a nice writeup about Wood

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2022/6/16/...rth-taking

"Wood displays slow feet while guarding the pick and roll and will regularly get bullied around the basket by guards that lower their shoulder. Wood has a slight frame, which doesn’t help, but he just doesn’t seem to move as fast as he should to the ball. Wood’s athleticism will bail him out occasionally, but he only averaged one block per game during his two seasons in Houston. Opponents shot 63.1 percent at the rim against Wood last season, which isn’t good enough for a starting center. For those curious — that number for Powell last season was 62.7 percent and Wood doesn’t compensate his poor rim defense with an ability to switch and trap on the perimeter like Powell can."

That is scathing for a Mavs tinted article. I want to see some evidence that he is as poor at switching and trapping as claimed but the defenses he is on always seem to be bad so it might check out. I still like the trade because of the price and the clearance of roster spots. I still want one of the open roster spots to go to a rim protector for some defensive insurance.

After KP's last game with us our defensive rating was 106.8, which would have been good for third in the league. In the 32 games afterward the team had a defensive rating of 112.6, that is below league average. In the playoffs? 113.3. Rim protection matters

Milwaukee won a title starting Brook Lopez at center. The Warriors struggled the most this playoffs when Steven Adams was on the court. All I'm saying is it wouldn't hurt if we use one of the three or so roster spots we opened up on a full sized "dinosaur" rim protecting big for certain situations. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU - by MrGoat - 06-17-2022, 07:48 AM