Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart
I'd be shocked if Mavs made two moves. As much as Jackson is a punching bag around here, Boban would be the guy I'd want to move for someone more useful. Bobi is such a niche player it's hard to have room to keep him on your roster when you can have only 15 guys. I don't see Broekhoff moving either.
Like Reply
A Wright for Bogdan swap probably makes a bit too much sense to happen 
They get a quality backup on backup money for a couple more years and we'll be able to pay Bogi starter money this summer to presumably start 

(02-03-2020, 03:42 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I'd be shocked if Mavs made two moves. As much as Jackson is a punching bag around here, Boban would be the guy I'd want to move for someone more useful. Bobi is such a niche player it's hard to have room to keep him on your roster when you can have only 15 guys. I don't see Broekhoff moving either.

Yeah it's a shame we couldn't just sign WCS to that Bobi contract but I guess he was wanting a more defined role
Like Reply
I saw Bleach Report mention Glenn Robinson III as an idea for Mavs, any interest there? I can't tell you I know much ab him.
Like Reply
(02-03-2020, 03:50 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I saw Bleach Report mention Glenn Robinson III as an idea for Mavs, any interest there? I can't tell you I know much ab him.

GS needs to get below tax line, so he is probably cheap and they would not want a player back. He is shooting well this year.
Like Reply
Have to sign off now... I'll be in a place with a bad internet connection this evening and tomorrow until late afternoon - won't even be able to watch the game. We'll see if there's any "movement" of any kind then.
Like Reply
(02-03-2020, 12:47 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: RHJ will be a UFA without any bird rights so I don't see any big advantages. Maybe you can resign him for barely more than his current salary without dipping into MLE? It would be a scenario like that. He is coming off a 1 yr deal. I certainly think he's worth a worthless 2 to try out for half a season but no way Mavs would give up GSW for that.

If I'm not mistaken, the Mavs would own a non-bird exception to resign him for 120% of his previous salary (or the 120% of the Minimum), and go over the cap to do so after a trade. Non-bird would allow roughly 3 Mil/year for RHJ, up to 4 years and could be a small competitive advantage as long, as there isn't a bigger market for him. So yes: they could save their MLE, go over the CAP and offer better conditions than a team could with the minimum exception.

Hope I got this right after digging a bit on cbafaq.com.
Like Reply
(02-03-2020, 04:06 PM)Jannemann2 Wrote:
(02-03-2020, 12:47 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: RHJ will be a UFA without any bird rights so I don't see any big advantages. Maybe you can resign him for barely more than his current salary without dipping into MLE? It would be a scenario like that. He is coming off a 1 yr deal. I certainly think he's worth a worthless 2 to try out for half a season but no way Mavs would give up GSW for that.

If I'm not mistaken, the Mavs would own a non-bird exception to resign him for 120% of his previous salary (or the 120% of the Minimum), and go over the cap to do so after a trade. Non-bird would allow roughly 3 Mil/year for RHJ, up to 4 years and could be a small competitive advantage as long, as there isn't a bigger market for him. So yes: they could save their MLE, go over the CAP and offer better conditions than a team could with the minimum exception.

Hope I got this right after digging a bit on cbafaq.com.

That sounds about right but a couple things to consider. As it stands, Mavs don't have a lot of roster spots open anyway, nor do they want to spend MLE into future seasons (as 2021's FA looms ahead). With that it is a benefit to save the MLE but still not one that would leave you to give up that GSW pick. So I could see Mavs sending a 2nd round pick + TPE for RHJ if Raptors want a pick. I still am wondering why Raptors would want to dump him for nothing, unless they need to open up a roster spot.
Like Reply
Mavs have good relationships with Knicks, Warriors, Charlotte, Wizards look for players of those.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/davidaldridgedc/stat...68928?s=20
Like Reply
Acording to NBA central, 3 teams are on to Tristan Thompson. Raptors, Rockets and the DALLAS MAVERICKS. He would be a good get. Lee + Jackson or Broekhoff + GSW 2nd would do the trick for me.
Like Reply
Mavs need to trade Lee + Jackson for Barnes. He's the 3D wing we need!
Like Reply
(02-03-2020, 08:37 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Mavs need to trade Lee + Jackson for Barnes. He's the 3D wing we need!

If he was an expiring sure, why not? Lee + Jackson for almost any expiring SF is a win.
Like Reply
(02-03-2020, 08:05 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: Acording to NBA central, 3 teams are on to Tristan Thompson. Raptors, Rockets and the DALLAS MAVERICKS. He would be a good get. Lee + Jackson or Broekhoff + GSW 2nd would do the trick for me.

Why would they do that trade? They now have two centers who are basically not playing. No need for another one.
Like Reply
(02-03-2020, 09:27 PM)omahen Wrote:
(02-03-2020, 08:05 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: Acording to NBA central, 3 teams are on to Tristan Thompson. Raptors, Rockets and the DALLAS MAVERICKS. He would be a good get. Lee + Jackson or Broekhoff + GSW 2nd would do the trick for me.

Why would they do that trade? They now have two centers who are basically not playing. No need for another one.

All your centers are belong to us
Like Reply
(02-03-2020, 10:13 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: All your centers are belong to us

I LOL'd Big Grin
But yeah, if we get Tristan, Bobi is probably part of the outgoing package.
Like Reply
*insert team america puke.gif* @ the Thompson rumors.
Like Reply
Don't you guys remember? The Mavs are always rumored to be in the mix for every player whose agent is trying to stir up the market for his client.

But, who rumored that the Mavs were interested in WCS until it happened? And who leaked that the Mavs were interested in KP?
Like Reply
Yeah Mavs have Lee's expiring contract that makes a lot trades look possible.
I think teams and agents will be leaking a bunch of trades the Mavs would laugh at.
Like Reply
So is Jackson the new whipping boy now that DP is out? Jackson was legit playin some point last game and did well in those minutes. I think he is underrated and smart. Lee is the only player the Mavs actually want to get rid off. Unless they get a major upgrade in return, I can see the mavs using Lee and the GS 2nd to bring in another good player. Only way Jackson or Brunson (the 2 players I think the Mavs would move if necessary) are out is if we get a borderline star in return.
Like Reply
(02-04-2020, 05:57 AM)Baller AI Wrote: So is Jackson the new whipping boy now that DP is out? Jackson was legit playin some point last game and did well in those minutes. I think he is underrated and smart. Lee is the only player the Mavs actually want to get rid off. Unless they get a major upgrade in return, I can see the mavs using Lee and the GS 2nd to bring in another good player. Only way Jackson or Brunson (the 2 players I think the Mavs would move if necessary) are out is if we get a borderline star in return.

I agree. Unless something to good to pass comes along, Mavs will run the season with current team. I wouldn't even pay any further assets for guys like MKG or RHJ. I would actually even take some bad contracts for assets.

I think the guys deserve a full season together. In the summer we will have a better asset collection and more opportunity to make an upgrade.
Like Reply