Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart
(11-26-2019, 10:08 PM)aguiar95 Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 07:27 PM)farhan583 Wrote: Windhorst had a SC appearance where he said Mavs are suitors for an Iggy trade. Offering Lee and second round picks for him.

Powell for Iggy. Just get me out of this trash, soft player. Can't defend, shoot, rebound, pass.

Powell has as big of a negative value as THJ right now. He's salary filler at best.

I would trade him (and throw in those seconds) for a rental player just so RC couldn't play him.

I wonder if Cleveland would do Love for Lee, Powell, Brunson and those 2nd rounders. I know they would probably want Justin instead of the seconds, but I still have high hopes for the lad.

KP
Love
DFS
THJ
Luka

Boban
Maxi
Justin
Curry
Wright

JJB
RFA
Roby
Reaves
Cleveland
Like Reply
Go get some physical players. It's so obvious now.
Like Reply
(11-26-2019, 07:27 PM)farhan583 Wrote: Windhorst had a SC appearance where he said Mavs are suitors for an Iggy trade. Offering Lee and second round picks for him.
Was just thinking about it yesterday. Lee for Iggy works on trade machine and save them more money than buyout.
But I am not sure about 2nd round picks tbh. We need to use them in draft night IMO (we absolutely need to hit this year 1st round pick and get a solid player)
But Iggy adds experience and toughness that is needed for that team.
Like Reply
We shouldn't be giving up any assets for a rental. What is the point of trading for 1 season of Iggy? Any trades need to be made with the long-term in mind.
Like Reply
(11-27-2019, 03:45 AM)Branduil Wrote: We shouldn't be giving up any assets for a rental. What is the point of trading for 1 season of Iggy? Any trades need to be made with the long-term in mind.

Totally agree. Trading for Iggy would make sense if he would be that last missing piece needed to become a contender or put us in playoffs. He is not. We can't even be sure if he is still able to contribute at all. The price is just too high. I don't believe Memphis will be able to trade him with his salary.

I certainly hope changes will be made. We have 12 guaranteed contracts for next season as only Lee, Ryan from accounting and Barea expire. We also have 3 picks and both two way contract players certainly looked capable of taking one or two of the 11-15 spot on the team. This means, if we keep our two ways and all three picks, the team is already set for next season. I would certainly hope they turn the team a bit more top heavy. Change a couple of bench guys for a legitimate starter or two with our two ways and rookies manning that end of bench spots. As it looks now, we will have a first rounder somewhere between 15 and 25, top 5 second rounder and a bottom second rounder. Unless some magical opportunity appears, I think it is best to stay with the current line-up for this season and try to get additional assets for Lee expiring and TE. This would set us up very nicely for a summer trade. 

I am not in favour of paying assets for some mediocre vets for Lee contract, as we already have a roster full of mediocre vets.
Like Reply
Iggy is a bad 3pt shooter...he will kill our halfcourt offense like Rondo did...
Like Reply
CLE: Powell + Lee.
DAL: Thompson + Henson or Dellavedova + 2020 UTA 2nd.

DET: Jackson, Brunson, Lee, Hardaway, 2020 GSW 2nd, 2020 UTA 2nd.
DAL: Drummond, Jackson, Snell.

TOR: Lee + Powell + 2020 UTA 2nd + Jackson.
DAL: Ibaka.

OKC: Curry, Jackson, Lee, 2020 UTA 2nd.
DAL: Gallinari, Roberson.

NOP: Lee, 2020 GSW 2nd.
DAL: Favors.

SAC: Lee, Curry, Brunson, 2020 GSW 2nd, 2020 UTA 2nd.
DAL: Bogdanovic, Ariza.

CHI: Porter, Felicio, Dunn.
DAL: Brunson, Jackson, Lee, Powell.
Like Reply
(11-26-2019, 10:26 AM)aguiar95 Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 09:22 AM)Branduil Wrote: If THJ keeps playing like this, maybe my pipe dream becomes possible

[Image: Rfjgg3o.png]

This would be outstanding. Let's hope Zion comes back and eats Favors' time. Jrue has struggled a bit this season because he and Ingram have to do the heavy lifting, here his first priority would be to defend. We would lack a backup SF.

Luka/Holiday/DFS/KP/Favors
Wright/Curry/(Roby/Broekhoff?)/Kleber/Powell

(11-26-2019, 10:29 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 09:22 AM)Branduil Wrote: If THJ keeps playing like this, maybe my pipe dream becomes possible

[Image: Rfjgg3o.png]
I proposed a trade like this a couple weeks ago. I think I had Powell going out instead of Lee or something. Here's something to possibly sweeten the deal. Use the TE to take a guy off a team's roster and get their first rounder for the troubles. Use the first rounder in this trade. We then have Lee to use at the TDL to get someone else that could be useful in the playoffs.

(Edit) At the time I proposed the trade Jrue was avg 12 ppg and wasn't looking like the guy they have had the last few years. He's since looked much better, making a trade much harder to come by. Also, if he's available, I'm sure a team like the Bulls would love to beat any offers for him right now to try and save their season.

That's a horrible, horrible trade.
Like Reply
(11-27-2019, 08:30 AM)luka_skywalker_77 Wrote: That's a horrible, horrible trade.
Read, you did not. Strong with the force, you are not.
Like Reply
Its clear this team will have to make a trade or two. The Clippers really exposed us to the national scene. Its all stuff as fans we've mentioned before the season. Some parts just don't fit on this team.  We have extra this, and not enough of that.

Luka is our primary ball handler, a point guard if you want to label him.  Why do we have 3 point guards on the bench getting minutes (Brunson, Wright, Barea). Add in another small guard in Curry and things just don't add up. Things don't fit.

We have no bruisers or anyone who can bully on the inside. KP, Maxi, Powell are all just 3 point shooters, one in Powell who cant even shoot. None of them offer any resistance in the paint.

This team is lacking a scoring wing and a bruiser on the inside.  They need to find a trade from their excess parts. 

I'm not going to suggest who to trade for I'm just saying find a trade from this group of guys: Powell, Hardaway, Brunson, Lee

Add in Jackson or Curry if you have to. This a team full of miscast pieces outside of Luka and KP.
Like Reply
It’s becoming blatantly obvious that the Mavs need a Center. Powell and Kleber inside isn’t going to cut it. Powell has been a disgrace! The Mavs need to get on the phone with the Thunder and ask about Steven Adams immediately
Like Reply
aguiar95CLE: Powell + Lee.
DAL: Thompson + Henson or Dellavedova + 2020 UTA 2nd.

DET: Jackson, Brunson, Lee, Hardaway, 2020 GSW 2nd, 2020 UTA 2nd.
DAL: Drummond, Jackson, Snell.

TOR: Lee + Powell + 2020 UTA 2nd + Jackson.
DAL: Ibaka.

OKC: Curry, Jackson, Lee, 2020 UTA 2nd.
DAL: Gallinari, Roberson.

NOP: Lee, 2020 GSW 2nd.
DAL: Favors.

SAC: Lee, Curry, Brunson, 2020 GSW 2nd, 2020 UTA 2nd.
DAL: Bogdanovic, Ariza.

CHI: Porter, Felicio, Dunn.
DAL: Brunson, Jackson, Lee, Powell.

Roberson hasn’t played in 2 years next month.  I don’t think he’ll ever come back close to what he was either.  Thunder are in tank mode so no reason to move him at this point they can just see what he has whenever (if) he comes back.  I’m rooting for him he’s a good kid but his injury was not physical contact it was fluke yet might indicate he is done.

(11-27-2019, 10:37 AM)Kkswoosh Wrote: It’s becoming blatantly obvious that the Mavs need a Center. Powell and Kleber inside isn’t going to cut it. Powell has been a disgrace! The Mavs need to get on the phone with the Thunder and ask about Steven Adams immediately

I don’t want to get rid of Adams I think he is young enough to stick around for the rebuild plus he is a fan fave.  But he is who you need.  If he went anywhere I would want it to be Mavs.  He gives the best interviews too, love his sense of humor. Great pick and roll guy and great passing out of paint.  

Steven Adams has had 4, 6, 4, 4 & 5 assists in the last 5 games, 4.6apg in 27 mpg. That's 8.1 per 100 possessions, a career high (2.2 his previous best). Oklahoma City's offense is +11.8 per 100 better with him on the floor.
Like Reply
https://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=28170964
Like Reply
If Mavs land Iggy who is their starting 5? I love what DFS has done in the starting unit so I would hate to sit him. Iggy is kind of a SF, small PF at this point of his career. DFS is in the same spot. I wonder if they would play Doncic, KP, Iggy, DFS + a guard in the starting lineup?
Like Reply
I'm out on Iggy. The Mavs need to use their trade assets (and everyone not named Luka or Kristaps is an option to trade) to bring in two starters (even barely average starters would be better than what we have next to Luka and KP) by the trade deadline, and then to swing for the fences for that third-best player guy with THJ and our 1st at the draft day this summer. And Iggy is not a starter this year, and never even consistently started for the Warriors, IIRC.

Our trade assets right now:
1) Justin. 
2) Maxi. 
3) Wright.
(those are three players I would rather keep, but we need real starters.)
4) Brunson.
5) the Golden State second rounder.
6) Lee as an expirer.
7) Any other second rounders we have.
8) A 2025 first.
9) DFS.
10) Boban.
11) JJB (least likely to be traded on roster aside from Luka and KP).
12) Roby.
13) Reaves.
14) RFA.
15) Cleveland.

Then, on draft night,
1) Our 2020 first.
2) THJ as cap ballast for a big trade.

Not an asset, but I'd sure love to see him gone:
1) Powell.
Like Reply
(11-27-2019, 02:14 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I'm out on Iggy.

Can't agree more. Trully hope this rumors are there just to raise his price or make potential buyers nervous. Iguodala is a half year rental and I doubt he is capable to be a difference maker at this stage of his career.
Like Reply
I don't see the Iggy trade going down. He's too old to be a significant upgrade. We should look elsewhere. Somehow we need to add more true starting caliber players. I do think Crowder is someone we could get without giving up a lot. He would add the toughness and defense we are lacking. He's a decent shooter now also. We also need a legit starting center. I would really like Love, but I don't see us having what it would take to get him.
Like Reply
ThunderMav

Any idea what OKC would expect back for Adams?
Does the team see him as a key piece or are they having second thoughts on the size of his contract?

Would taking on Roberson's contract for the trade exception be enough of a sweetener to do Adams for THJ + Jackson + 1 or 2 2nd rd picks?

It saves OKC $13mil this season.
Like Reply
(11-27-2019, 05:49 PM)Aussiebballer Wrote: ThunderMav

Any idea what OKC would expect back for Adams?
Does the team see him as a key piece or are they having second thoughts on the size of his contract?

Would taking on Roberson's contract for the trade exception be enough of a sweetener to do Adams for THJ + Jackson + 1 or 2 2nd rd picks?

It saves OKC $13mil this season.

Supposedly, they were trying to dump him all summer long but could find no takers.
Like Reply
I think swapping THJ for Adams would be a no brainer for Dallas.
Would just depend on what OKC want to do it.
Considering the direction OKC are heading saving $13mil may be a massive selling point.
Like Reply