Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart
DAL --> THJ + Lee + Jackson + 2020 1st to CLE
CLE --> Kevin Love + Alfonzo McKinney to DAL
Like Reply
Don't judge me but I'm deep in CP3-highlight clips right now. Dude looked fantastic against Utah and

CP3

for

THJr + Lee

works financially. We'd keep all our remaining assets (2020 1st round pick, Brunson/Jackson on their rookie deals, medium sized deals of Kleber/Wright/Curry) while getting a massive talent upgrade in our starting lineup. The financial committments are gigantic but we're above the cap anyway.

Rationally it's far too much of a gamble and I'd hope we're not that short-sighted......but the thought of having an experienced PG like him alongside Luka/KP is a fun idea. Heck you might be able to work Adams or Gallo into the deal, too.

(10-23-2019, 11:22 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Speaking with Harvard Business School professor Anita Elberse and her co-author, Melcolm Ruffin, Giannis Antetokounmpo said his decision to sign a long-term contract with the Bucks will be "a lot more difficult" if the team underperforms in 2019-20. 

"I want the Bucks to build a winning culture," Antetokounmpo said in a case study on the team's turnaround (via the Journal Sentinel). "So far, we have been doing great, and, if this lasts, there's no other place I want to be. But if we're underperforming in the NBA next year, deciding whether to sign becomes a lot more difficult."

https://twitter.com/brewcitypaul/status/...4952587265
https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/118...6514117633
Like Reply
(10-23-2019, 05:23 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: For once, I think it's way too soon to think about trades.  Mavs need to see how the pieces fit together.  And then they need to see which of their pieces have trade value to trade for something.

I don't like the idea of trading for Adams right now even if it would make them better.  This year is a "make the playoffs and it's a huge win" year.  You're not really trying to be a contender.  Be patient.  Who knows if Brunson or Kleber turn into great trade pieces?  Who knows who will be available at the trade deadline or next summer?

I agree. Of course the FO is always listening and taking calls but this year, specifically until the trade deadline, is really about letting this group play. For the first time since we dismantled the 2011 team, the objective isn't to build a one year squad and wait to pounce. This is a deep team full of versatility, size and players on the come or in their actual primes. All I ask for this season is health. With health comes the time to let these guys gel and grow. With that, I believe, will come a legitimate push for the playoffs. Call me old school but I am going to enjoy every minute of the process and maturation of my team.
Like Reply
Something to think about: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2859...on#slide30

Everything is of course just speculation, but nevertheless. Dallas or our players are mentioned three times:
1. Dallas should go for CP3. Already debated a lot. Has its advantages and disadvantages. Giving up Lee and THJ is not a lot, but we lose our flexibility. Can we really trade them for something better? Can we really hope we will land one of only few top FA in 2021? Even if we can, would it be really difficult to move Paul expiring contract?
2. Detroit should go for THJ - they have to go all in and this is supposed to be their best option. I'm not really sure what we could get back. I don't really consider Snell and Galloway as any kind of upgrade. They are probably not giving Kenard and I am not interested in any other youngster they have. I doubt they would even consider attaching a pick to Snell/Galloway combo. 
3. Milwaukee should go after Lee. They would really need to be desperate to see Lee as an upgrade. Dallas would certainly see DJ Wilson as a long term upgrade for Lee, but what would be the salary filler? Ilyasova is too valuable for them, so basically the only option is Robin Lopez.
Like Reply
Welp I've often thought Chris Paul was actually underrated when compared to some of his contemporaries. He used to be one of my favorite non-Mav players in the league. But something changed -- maybe it was all the stories about him being a terrible teammate -- of maybe it was all the flopping -- but now he's one of the players I dislike the most.

AGAINST: Paul is now 34

FOR: He's still playing extremely well. 

AGAINST: He's been injured

FOR: He's arguably an upgrade over the Mavs top off season target, Kemba Walker

AGAINST: He could destroy the chemistry on this team.

FOR: He has a chance to rehab his reputation on a bad OKC team.

AGAINST: His contract. Yikes.

FOR: Cuban traded for J Kidd about a month before his 35th birthday.
Like Reply
(10-25-2019, 10:29 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: Chris Paul

He is a win now move. 

Against: we are not contenders even with (healthy) Paul. We would be probably good enough to make playoffs, but that's it. He moves us to playoffs, but how can we move forward from there?

For: it is doubtfull we will get a lot better using THJ and Lee in trades and I don't believe in 2021 FA pipedream. So how else will we get number 3 and 4 players?
Like Reply
(10-25-2019, 10:55 AM)omahen Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 10:29 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: Chris Paul

He is a win now move. 

Against: we are not contenders even with (healthy) Paul. We would be probably good enough to make playoffs, but that's it. He moves us to playoffs, but how can we move forward from there?

For: it is doubtfull we will get a lot better using THJ and Lee in trades and I don't believe in 2021 FA pipedream. So how else will we get number 3 and 4 players?

I want to see how Luka looks against some real defense. If he stays as comfortable and in control, it becomes tempting to go all in this year 
There's a lot of depth with solid teams everywhere but they all seem so flawed and beatable.
Like Reply
What do you guys think about absorbing Bogdan Bogdanovic (Sac) into our Trade Exeption.

Guy wants to start and to be paid though.

Who else might be interesting with the trade Exeption? Which teams need to shed luxury tax?

I think the trade market will be big this year as the free agent class looks horrible.
Like Reply
(10-25-2019, 05:27 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: What do you guys think about absorbing Bogdan Bogdanovic (Sac) into our Trade Exeption.

Who else might be interesting with the trade Exeption? Which teams need to shed luxury tax?

I think the trade market will be big this year as the free agent class looks horrible.

Always hard for me to turn down free or nearly free talent, but really he's right around the Justin Jackson level. Jackson probably even has a higher ceiling.
Like Reply
(10-25-2019, 05:37 PM)Jym Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 05:27 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: What do you guys think about absorbing Bogdan Bogdanovic (Sac) into our Trade Exeption.

Always hard for me to turn down free or nearly free talent, but really he's right around the Justin Jackson level. Jackson probably even has a higher ceiling.

Really? I think he is a lot better but obviously older. Bogdan also had a great summer. Top scorer of the FIBA world cup.
There is no way that the Kings let him go for nothing. Lee and a 1st is probably a good starting offer (but that obviously requires a tradeable 1st, something the Mavs don´t have).
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/uksackings/status/11...62784?s=21

More on Bogdanovic
Like Reply
I think a guy like Marvin Williams a small ball 4 that can shoot would be a a good fit here. and can guard the Ingram's of the league.
Like Reply

I highly doubt that we could get Bogdan for a TE alone. Not sure how much value we‘d have to add given his expiring/RFA status. That’s always difficult to project months ahead of the trade deadline. I doubt that he‘s out of our reach though. Intrigueing player to keep in mind.
Like Reply
This Mavs team really needs Steven Adams. What would it take to get a deal done?
Like Reply
(10-26-2019, 06:52 AM)bartlettbear Wrote: I think a guy like Marvin Williams a small ball 4 that can shoot would be a a good fit here. and can guard the Ingram's of the league.
He‘d be a great fit for sure but also a rental or short-term acquisition most likely due to his age/expiring contract. Tough call. Imo it’s too early for us to think about moves like that.

Our own 2nd round pick goes to Philly (Noel-trade) but we might end up with the 2nds of GS and HOU (iirc) depending on how they perform. 

Personally I‘d rather keep those as ammo for draft night either to make up to three selections including our 1st or by moving up if there is a really intrigueing player within our range.

(10-26-2019, 07:32 AM)Kkswoosh Wrote: This Mavs team really needs Steven Adams. What would it take to get a deal done?
Not much if he keeps stinking it up like he has over the first two games. 

Reportedly OKC wants expiring contracts, a 1st and a young player. I like Adams but Imo that’s a bit rich. I think he’ll certainly be within our range on draft night when we can trade our 2020 1st but I’d be hesitant to move the pick by then. At that point (June 2020) Adams would be a rental 12 months before the 2021 FA where we will have tons of caproom. 

On the other hand I doubt we have the assets to get a deal done between now and the deadline.

So I think the timing might just not add up.
Like Reply
(10-26-2019, 07:31 AM)JamesConway Wrote: I highly doubt that we could get Bogdan for a TE alone. Not sure how much value we‘d have to add given his expiring/RFA status. That’s always difficult to project months ahead of the trade deadline. I doubt that he‘s out of our reach though. Intrigueing player to keep in mind.

I guess the asking price at TDL would be (too) high for us. More realistic take would be a SnT in the summer.
Like Reply
(10-26-2019, 07:32 AM)Kkswoosh Wrote: This Mavs team really needs Steven Adams. What would it take to get a deal done?

I came in this thread to put forward the idea of trading for Steven Adams. I see I am not the only one who thinks Adams would be a great complement to Porzingis. Young, agile and great defender. Would be a great fit imo. to
Long time Mavs Fan from Turkey who wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the Mavs games.
Like Reply
All the CP3 talk needs to stop. He's my most hated player in the NBA. I just don't like him. Besides, how can people want to take on that contract?

I'm all in on Adams, though.
Like Reply
Bogdan Bogdanovic I say. I want an all EU team in Dallas.

Can you imagine that marketing potential due to controversy effects.

America's most hated and loved team. The Dallas Europeans. ?
Like Reply
(10-26-2019, 10:16 AM)TurkishMFFL Wrote: I came in this thread to put forward the idea of trading for Steven Adams. I see I am not the only one who thinks Adams would be a great complement to Porzingis. Young, agile and great defender. Would be a great fit imo. to

He would be good, however I think Maxi is doing outstanding job and Powell will also contribute. 

It's a shame we didn't get more lucky in lottery. I would have loved to see RJ Barrett as SF here. IMO we are one great SF from building something really special here, like a dynasty. Great depth on bench. Two superstars (Luka, KP) and two outstanding defenders (Maxi, DW) as starters. The only only piece missing, is that all around young SF that will be the third star, which would make us unbeatable. DW-Luka-RJB-KP-MK, that team would win multiple championships.
Like Reply