Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart
(10-03-2019, 11:40 AM)MFFLJunpei Wrote: Justin Jackson + THJ  + 2nd pick for Adam, who say no?
You don't think that's a vast overpay given that the Thunder are getting everything they want and then some?

How many realistic suitors are there for Adams, as in, who actually needs a center and fits the timeline.

In the West:
Lakers (though they have McGee, Howard, and Davis. 2/3 Not great options but options nonetheless)
Mavs (Powell, Maxi, Boban, and KP. Besides Boban none are true centers, however the Mavs aren't necessarily hurting for another big)
Warriors (Their roster is completely bare of true centers. 

In the East:
Celtics....

And of those who are able to fulfill everything the Thunder want/can match contracts? I wouldn't be so ready to give away Jackson especially considering we're the ones taking up salary. I'd go to the Thunder and say Draft pick, salary relief, and young player. Pick 2.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
You'd have to be willing for Adams to replace someone, otherwise we'd be too crowded with rotation quality bigs
Like Reply
(10-03-2019, 12:15 PM)fifteenth Wrote: You'd have to be willing for Adams to replace someone, otherwise we'd be too crowded with rotation quality bigs

This is my thing.....I like KP, Boban, DP, and Maxi.....and not sure how much more I like Adams (at his salary) more than any of those.
Like Reply
(10-03-2019, 12:31 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 12:15 PM)fifteenth Wrote: You'd have to be willing for Adams to replace someone, otherwise we'd be too crowded with rotation quality bigs

This is my thing.....I like KP, Boban, DP, and Maxi.....and not sure how much more I like Adams (at his salary) more than any of those.

I think you're underestimating the possibilities of Ivan Drago, Ernest (from John Wick 3) and Aquaman walk onto a court jokes!
Like Reply
I like Adams.  But is he the center you want at that salary in today's NBA?  If you look at the Top 10-12 teams in the NBA, how many have a traditional center like Adams getting big minutes?  I think Boban is here to be that guy for specific matchups.  I would prefer to upgrade elsewhere with that salary slot.
Free Jalen Brunson!
Like Reply
(10-03-2019, 01:07 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:

I think you're underestimating the possibilities of Ivan Drago, Ernest (from John Wick 3) and Aquaman walk onto a court jokes!

you win
Like Reply
(10-03-2019, 01:58 PM)madmavsgirl Wrote: I like Adams.  But is he the center you want at that salary in today's NBA?  If you look at the Top 10-12 teams in the NBA, how many have a traditional center like Adams getting big minutes?  I think Boban is here to be that guy for specific matchups.  I would prefer to upgrade elsewhere with that salary slot.

That's fair.  I can understand where you're coming from.  It's certainly against the trend.

On the other hand, because Luka and KP are both so young and under long-term contract I'd argue Dallas is in a unique position to define the future of the NBA rather than react to the present.  Give me a uniquely massive and skilled trio of Luka/KP/Adams (all 26 or younger), and I wager that in a few years the rest of the league will be talking about changing their rosters to compete with the unstoppable size and versatility defined by Dallas in "today's NBA".
Like Reply
Whoa, my favorite topic! :-)

1. I don't think we will see any major trade unless something really unexpecteadly great comes along or the season turns out real bad in first couple of months. I assume Lee will be the only one they will try to move.

2. Adams. I really like him and I think he would actually help us with the thing we need most desperately - get to the playoffs. No matter he is not a perfect fit with KP, he would seriously improve our playoff chances. However, trading both THJ and Jackson would seriously deplete our wing options, basically leaving us with Curry, Ryan from accounting, Lee and DFS. And I don't want anything to do with Schroeder. I think he is same type as THJ, but we have enough point guards already. He would just eat Brunson minutes. I would say yes to THJ+JJ for Adams, but I doubt OKC would.

3. The trade I would really like to see is Lee for Dieng+asset. However in order for this to happen, Wolves would need to play above expectations aiming to clear some cap space for next summer. We could actually need another big in the rotation, especially when resting KP and I think Dieng is actually a decent player, just in a bad situation. Of course overpriced. What we desperately need are assets for trades when looking to improve our squad. Alternatives could be Lee for Felicio and asset (again under condition that Chicago plays as borderline playoff contender, which might actually happen in the East) or Lee for James Johnson from Miami (although Miami has no assets and they are probably looking for different kind of trades). 

4. I have an interesting idea. Brooklyn gave that clown DeAndre a longterm 10 per contract and I would assume they actually intend to play him. What Brooklyn really needs until KD returns is a floor spacing power forward, who plays defense. Enter Maxi. I think any of Allen, Musa or Kurucs might be a long term upgrade for us, while Maxi is an immediate uprade for the Nets.
Like Reply
(10-03-2019, 02:03 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 01:07 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:

you win

and Redd Foxx
Like Reply
To add to the Addams idea. His market is thin at the moment, but I guess OKC is not really pressed to sell. Out of contenders, I only see Boston as a team that could really use a center of Adams caliber to stay competitive.  All other contenders have center position solved at the moment. Atlanta as a bad team on the rise could see Adams as an important cornerstone for another step forward. They have 3 big expiring contracts, a number of picks and young players so they could certainly build a package if they are interested. Washington or Charlotte might be delusional enough that Adams will turn around their fortune. They both have the contracts and assets to make it happen, although I don't think they are that delusional. 

Boston would have to build their offer around Hayward, but I guess they would not be willing to surrender more as some might see Hayward as a better player in this deal, if he can be considered as his old self. But OKC doesn't really need a player like Hayward. They are rebuilding. Additionaly OKC would need to add more to this sale to decrease their salaries - Roberson most likely. 

Enter Toronto:

Bos: Adams, Powell (Powell has too high salary in my opinion, so Toronto might see it as benefit to trade him)
Tor: Hayward
OKC: Ibaka, Anunoby, Tor pick (the only thing missing is cap relief, as they get back basically same salary)

Enter Dallas:
Bos: Adams, Lee (must be included to match salaries)
Dal: Hayward
OKC: THJ, Jackson, Dallas picks (either a bunch of seconds or that distant first)

At the end, I think OKC will not trade at this moment and will look for options at TDL when there might be a bunch of desperate teams. OKC is not pressed to sell, they can still do it next year.
Like Reply
I like the idea of bringing in Adams, I think the Mavs need a traditional paint enforcer like him
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply
Count me among those who would love to have Adams on this team. He's a gritty guy who has a tremendous presence on the floor. Younger than I thought he was at only 26. His arm / shoulder injury situation is somewhat concerning though and I don't think the Mavs would ever be justified sending any picks out as part of any package. 

Ultimately I think OKC will find a much better deal somewhere else if there's any deal.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/OKCTHUNDERAlex/statu...1664568320
Like Reply
I like Adams, a lot. But I'd be careful dealing with Presti, he'll want a lot back and I suspect the OP's offer isn't enough. They haven't even offloaded CP3 yet, they seem perfectly willing to let their guys build trade value during the season, and I think Adams has a high likelihood of raising his trade value in a more featured role
Like Reply
Would ya'll be interested in a hypothetical swap of 
DAL Sends:
THJ+Lee+Jackson+Maxi

DAL receives
Adams+Gallo

Really would be a huge win now move, and would catapult us to top 5 playoff contender, and dark horse championship contenders.  To me Adams is a much better player than Maxi. As a rebounder, offensive player, and just a general enforcer. Albeit he is definitely more narrow in his specialized skillset, but he has a skill set I believe this team sorely needs. 

Gallo would instantly be our 3rd best player and could turn our offense into a powerhouse if he's healthy, plus he's expiring. 

Getting off of THJ's contract would be a big plus, and getting any value for Lee is another one. It'd suck seeing Maxi and Jackson go, but to replace them with two quality starters that fit the culture and game plan would be worth it imo. 

The trade could work if you just sent THJ+Lee+Maxi, but doubt the Thunder accept that.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(10-04-2019, 08:21 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Would ya'll be interested in a hypothetical swap of 
DAL Sends:
THJ+Lee+Jackson+Maxi

DAL receives
Adams+Gallo

Really would be a huge win now move, and would catapult us to top 5 playoff contender, and dark horse championship contenders.  To me Adams is a much better player than Maxi. As a rebounder, offensive player, and just a general enforcer. Albeit he is definitely more narrow in his specialized skillset, but he has a skill set I believe this team sorely needs. 

Gallo would instantly be our 3rd best player and could turn our offense into a powerhouse if he's healthy, plus he's expiring. 

Getting off of THJ's contract would be a big plus, and getting any value for Lee is another one. It'd suck seeing Maxi and Jackson go, but to replace them with two quality starters that fit the culture and game plan would be worth it imo. 

The trade could work if you just sent THJ+Lee+Maxi, but doubt the Thunder accept that.

Why would the thunder do this
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/stat...3004620809
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
I honestly think we need to see how the current pieces fit with Luka & KP before we consider any trades.  I think we will have a better idea 20 games into the season.
Free Jalen Brunson!
Like Reply
(10-04-2019, 08:21 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Would ya'll be interested in a hypothetical swap of 
DAL Sends:
THJ+Lee+Jackson+Maxi

DAL receives
Adams+Gallo

I would love that deal. I don't see OKC doing it though, even with Maxi and Jackson, I think they would want picks.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status...5366962177
Like Reply