Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart
I don't personally think we need a 3rd star. We need to add 2 new starters and let the rest of the team grow. Luka is too ball dominant to have a 3rd Alpha on this team. Luka is too great of a player to take that away from him.
Like Reply
(08-27-2020, 12:27 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I don't personally think we need a 3rd star. We need to add 2 new starters and let the rest of the team grow. Luka is too ball dominant to have a 3rd Alpha on this team. Luka is too great of a player to take that away from him.

I fully agree altho it might depend on what we defined as a 3rd star. For example if we landed Jrue Holiday, he is a former all-star player but is more like a really solid almost star player these days. He is the type of guy that would be a perfect 3rd guy. It's too bad the Mavs didn't get Brogdon last summer who would have also been a great 3rd guy. Gordon is my other pet cat 3rd guy, not quite a star player.

Absent guys like that I think you are right just get good starters next to KP and Luka and you are good to go.
Like Reply
(08-27-2020, 01:59 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(08-27-2020, 12:27 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I don't personally think we need a 3rd star. We need to add 2 new starters and let the rest of the team grow. Luka is too ball dominant to have a 3rd Alpha on this team. Luka is too great of a player to take that away from him.

I fully agree altho it might depend on what we defined as a 3rd star. For example if we landed Jrue Holiday, he is a former all-star player but is more like a really solid almost star player these days. He is the type of guy that would be a perfect 3rd guy. It's too bad the Mavs didn't get Brogdon last summer who would have also been a great 3rd guy. Gordon is my other pet cat 3rd guy, not quite a star player.

Absent guys like that I think you are right just get good starters next to KP and Luka and you are good to go.

We will see how good of a team Luka needs around him to win over the next year or two, but I would say the current wish list is as such:

1) One guy to play next to Luka in the starting backcourt who is very good at a) quarterbacking the team in Luka's absence, which includes the ability to create his own shot, b) defending point guards, and c) catching and shooting off the ball at 38% or better from 3, since he's almost always going to be off ball when Luka's on the court. I think Burke might be that guy, but someone like Jrue or Schroeder would obviously be better if we could get him.
2) At least one, and preferably two (especially if the Mavs can't fill out the rotation while keeping THJ on the cheap, which is the solitary circumstance in which he should be on roster at the beginning of 2021-22), starter-level, long, athletic defensive wings, and perhaps an additional bench guy of this type to complement DFS.
3) A big man who can spread the floor, anchor the defense, and rebound who can fill in when KP is injured - it's binarily unacceptable to have future genuine contention runs derailed if KP ever gets injured during the playoffs again.
4) As an acceptable alternative to THJ or a second wing, a bruiser PF who can scrap a little with the Morris's and Harrell's of the world, rebound, defend, and hit an occasional outside shot. In today's NBA, it's probably better to just get a bench player of this type.

So, assuming we can't productively trade KP and have to rely on the feast or famine of his shaky knees moving forward, a future Luka team would look something like:

Luka/Brunson
Dude #1/Curry
Dude #2a/DFS
Dude #2b/Dude #4/Maxi?
KP/Dude #3/Maxi or Bobi

I imagine that Dude #1 is going to be quite expensive if it's someone better than Burke. A perpetually-healthy Brogdon would have been perfect, and look at his price tag. Dude's #2a and #2b (or THJ) are likely to cost about $15 mil each, ditto Dude #3. Dude #4 might be available for the MLE. That's a roster that doesn't get another star because you can't afford another star, but is still going to be a challenge to build. The most probable way to obtain one of those four guys #1-3 is likely by nailing another Josh Howard-type low-pick gem in the draft, or by trading up for the right guy, thus freeing up salary for the others.
Like Reply
Oladipo is much more valuable than Lavine ... Lavine is horrible on defense and in my opinion a terrible fit with Luka
Like Reply
(08-27-2020, 05:05 PM)Mike lorenzo Wrote: Oladipo is much more valuable than Lavine ... Lavine is horrible on defense and in my opinion a terrible fit with Luka

Agreed
Like Reply
if I had to bet ... in a realistic way .. I think we'll catch Jrue at some point (trade or Fa21) ... I think I already said it but I would love Bojan Bogdanovic in Dallas, he is great and one of the best shooters in the game Jrue Luka Dfs Bogs Kp
Like Reply
(08-27-2020, 04:08 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: We will see how good of a team Luka needs around him to win over the next year or two, but I would say the current wish list is as such:

1) One guy to play next to Luka in the starting backcourt who is very good at a) quarterbacking the team in Luka's absence, which includes the ability to create his own shot, b) defending point guards, and c) catching and shooting off the ball at 38% or better from 3, since he's almost always going to be off ball when Luka's on the court. I think Burke might be that guy, but someone like Jrue or Schroeder would obviously be better if we could get him.
2) At least one, and preferably two (especially if the Mavs can't fill out the rotation while keeping THJ on the cheap, which is the solitary circumstance in which he should be on roster at the beginning of 2021-22), starter-level, long, athletic defensive wings, and perhaps an additional bench guy of this type to complement DFS.
3) A big man who can spread the floor, anchor the defense, and rebound who can fill in when KP is injured - it's binarily unacceptable to have future genuine contention runs derailed if KP ever gets injured during the playoffs again.
4) As an acceptable alternative to THJ or a second wing, a bruiser PF who can scrap a little with the Morris's and Harrell's of the world, rebound, defend, and hit an occasional outside shot. In today's NBA, it's probably better to just get a bench player of this type.

So, assuming we can't productively trade KP and have to rely on the feast or famine of his shaky knees moving forward, a future Luka team would look something like:

Luka/Brunson
Dude #1/Curry
Dude #2a/DFS
Dude #2b/Dude #4/Maxi?
KP/Dude #3/Maxi or Bobi

I imagine that Dude #1 is going to be quite expensive if it's someone better than Burke. A perpetually-healthy Brogdon would have been perfect, and look at his price tag. Dude's #2a and #2b (or THJ) are likely to cost about $15 mil each, ditto Dude #3. Dude #4 might be available for the MLE. That's a roster that doesn't get another star because you can't afford another star, but is still going to be a challenge to build. The most probable way to obtain one of those four guys #1-3 is likely by nailing another Josh Howard-type low-pick gem in the draft, or by trading up for the right guy, thus freeing up salary for the others.

For next season specifically:

Finding a way to trade THJ/Brunson/Wright/Jackson/WCS/#18/#31/'25 1st for one long term starter (#1 or #2) would be AWESOME.

Dude #1: Really can't see an available guy that would be a great upgrade over THJ with the assets we have. He sucks at defense and has his moments, but can hit 3's and is already integrated into our offense. My best bet here would be using THJ. Long term, I would draft T. Maxey (#18)/J. Ramsey (#31).

Dude #2 (Don't think we need two of those, that would be a luxury, so I will cut one of them and slip DFS into the SL): Assuming DFS is one of them, the other must be more of a PF physical guy. Looking at the last draft, PJ Washington/Brandon Clarke comes to mind. Unfortunately, I don't think there is such a guy in this upcoming draft. My best bet would be to fit Maxi into that role (I know people hated his series against LAC but they are a cheat code and he was forced to guard the best player in the world, while Luka was hidden on Morris, and it took his shot away). Long term, I would draft T. Bey (#18)/X. Tillman (#31).

Dude #3: It's clear that Powell can't anchor the defense, so I'll slot him in the backup PF position. For this one I have D. Saric (RFA), C. Wood (DET) as good options to fill that role. Long term, I would draft J. Smith (#18)/K. Tillie (#31) for this position.

Dude #4: Really don't think there are minutes for this guy. I would sign a W. Gabriel (POR - RFA) or H. Giles (SAC - UFA) for this spot. Split the MLE with Burke. VetMin for Lee/MKG.

Dude #1 and #2 are impossible to find, that's why I went with THJ/Maxi. Dude #3 and #4 are found with Draft/MLE.

Trying to find trades for Dude #1 and Dude #2 without giving up our core is a difficult task. Guess we should go with the rookies and wait for '21 FA.
Like Reply
3 trades to a beautiful new future combining some thoughts in this thread:

Powell/Wright/JJ/Curry/#31 for Horford/JRich
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]https://tradenba.com/trades/5Toq_VaJ5[/color]

It was suggested to trade DP, DW and JJ for Horford. His contract is so horrible and play so declined that the swap of SC and #31 for JRich should be enough. We consolidate our bad contracts into 1 huge horrible 1 and get an amazing fitting piece for our troubles.

THJ/Kleber/#18 for OPJ/Markannen
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]https://tradenba.com/trades/3FW_ocBBc[/color]

Multiple Bulls trades have been posted throughout this thread because there is lots of articles and unhappy fans of the team that is looking for a change. I think the addition of Markannen, esp after the next trade, is acceptable given his mostly offense nature.

KP/SnT Lee for Oladipo/Turner/‘22 first

Soooo, I want KP to work out here as much as his strongest supporters, I just think this deal would be pretty hard to pass up. This deal really solidifies the roster with defense and offense. VO might not make it back to his all star form, but he would get no better chance than next to Luka and with RC. Turner also has a chance at all star status with what DAL has going for them with these deals.

Luka/JB/Burke (partial mle unless we can get him for vet min)
VO/MLE (maybe partial)/vet min
JRich/DFS/MKG (vet min) or better
OPJ/Markannen/vet min
Turner/Horford/Boban

That team looks really good to me. Lots of defense and lots of firepower on offense. Luka most nights defends the big wing and the 3 others slide down a notch. Turner, Horford and Boban can all bang with the best of them. Could Start one of Horford or Markannen on nights where the opposing team has 2 bigs (Den, LaL, NY etc. come to mind).

Don’t necessarily like trading KP before we get a real serious look at him being enough away from all injuries (will that ever happen?), but the team assembled above is a contender in 2 years if they gell.
Like Reply
I only see 1 reason..that the Mavs canviar recently recruited All star Kp..injury problems ..so there is no interest in Indiana..not counting the terrible adjustment of Kp / Sabonis .... nor the Pacers overpayment here Oladipo + Turner for Kp (unable to be healthy 2 play-off games ... for now) ... Holford, friend do you want to have 26 million in the books until 22/23 (Holford with 38 years) .. ?? for a 1 year rental from Richardson, and give him an absolute elite Curry shooter and 1 pick ... no please ... remove Curry and the selection, add Thybulle and # 21 and it will be a maybe Trading Bulls I'm not sure will work .. is receiving 35 + - and sending 26 + the selection
Like Reply
(08-28-2020, 02:04 AM)Mike lorenzo Wrote: so there is no interest in Indiana
Oh, I didn't know anyone already called Indiana about this trade and they declined the offer. Was that you or Donnie?

(08-28-2020, 02:04 AM)Mike lorenzo Wrote: not counting the terrible adjustment of Kp / Sabonis
How so? KP on the high post and beyond, Sabonis on the low post and out. Not sure why this is a terrible fit. It might not be a good pairing, but to say this you must know something I don't.

(08-28-2020, 02:04 AM)Mike lorenzo Wrote: nor the Pacers overpayment here Oladipo + Turner for Kp (unable to be healthy 2 play-off games ... for now)
Yes, that would be the reason to trade him, but it isn't an overpayment. KP has shown to come back from his big injury in a bigger way. He is an elite player. Chosen second team all bubble with 30.5 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 1.5 bpg. That's great in a very small sample size. Played 3 playoff games and they were great too.

(08-28-2020, 02:04 AM)Mike lorenzo Wrote: Holford, friend do you want to have 26 million in the books until 22/23 (Holford with 38 years)
Brother, I'm aware of Horford's contract, I stated my dislike for it in my post, so not sure why you needed to say this. JRich is the prize for taking on such a contract. Phi would not trade us Curry and #31 for JRich straight up, this is the way we get him from them.

(08-28-2020, 02:04 AM)Mike lorenzo Wrote: for a 1 year rental from Richardson, and give him an absolute elite Curry shooter and 1 pick
1 year rentals tend to stretch out to longer contracts. Maybe that doesn't happen here, but the likelyhood that he likes Dallas once here is pretty high. Yes Curry is an elite shooter, the pick is #31, just the price to pay for a great fitting piece to the championship puzzle. 

On Curry's elite shooting, he's on the level with JJ Reddick and Steve Kerr, only those guys often shoot their teams into wins in the clutch. I can't remember the last time we utilized his elite shooting in the last few minutes of a game, let alone the last seconds. I can remember Kerr and Reddick being that go to guy in those times though.

It's great to have him on the team, but let's not pretend he's more than a bench player.

(08-28-2020, 02:04 AM)Mike lorenzo Wrote: add Thybulle and # 21 and it will be a maybe 
I disagree, JRich is the prize in this trade. Consolidating all our bad contracts for one big one that goes beyond most of the outgoing (saving them a ton of money) is still in their favor, which is why the Curry and #31 is the equalizing value.

(08-28-2020, 02:04 AM)Mike lorenzo Wrote: Trading Bulls I'm not sure will work .. is receiving 35 + - and sending 26 + the selection
I put a link to the trade underneath, you can check my work there.
Like Reply
(08-28-2020, 06:36 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Brother, I'm aware of Horford's contract, I stated my dislike for it in my post, so not sure why you needed to say this. JRich is the prize for taking on such a contract. Phi would not trade us Curry and #31 for JRich straight up, this is the way we get him from them.

1 year rentals tend to stretch out to longer contracts. Maybe that doesn't happen here, but the likelyhood that he likes Dallas once here is pretty high. Yes Curry is an elite shooter, the pick is #31, just the price to pay for a great fitting piece to the championship puzzle. 
I've watched Richardson play against the Celtics. His defense was okay, but shooting 36% from the field and 30% from 3-pt range isn't going to cut here. A lot of bad shot selection (like our own THJ). I'm really out on him. With Horford then becomes an easy no.

I'm really pending towards keeping THJ. Really can't see an upgrade with our assets. Bogdanovic (SAC), White (SAS), Lavine (CHI) are ones I like the fit, but don't see a trade. Doesn't matter where I look, feels like THJ is the safe bet.

A T. Young (CHI) for D. Wright seems to be the best option for the PF position on the short term. Maybe a S&T for C. Wood (DET)? After watchng him in the playoffs, I'm not ready to give the MLE to Millsap. Rolling into next year with:

#18: T. Bey: Backup Forward that can play inside and outside with incredible defense, ready to contribute now.

#31: X. Tillman: Backup big man that is a defensive beast and a great passer as insurance if KP/Powell gets hurt.

MLE: Gotta give some love to T. Burke. Guy is playing out of his mind and has been a great fit with our team.

Doncic/Brunson/Burke
THJ/Curry/Lee
DFS/Bey/Jackson
Young/Kleber/Powell
KP/Tillman/Boban
Like Reply

Fully agree with you. We need to add 2 ''elite role players'' and not stars. That team si alread builded and we don't need franchise players to become contenders but just 2 elite role players and probaly 1-2 bench players to become contenders.
Specially if we want to become long term contenders.

Porzingis - WCS/Giles - Marjanovic
? - Kleber
? - DFS
Hardaway jr - Curry - Burke
Doncic - Brunson

Trade Powell + Wright + Jackson/1 of picks to Knicks for Randle. Half a year ago were talks about signing a big man and i think Randle is probably the perfect fit for Dallas for a big man. Can shoot, good in pickn'roll, plays like a 5 in offense and a 4 in defense. If we could get him without losing assest i think he could be fantastic player to play with Porzingis. He is player what we hope Powell Could be.

At small forwards, we need to add Kelly Oubre. Solid shooter, good athlete and a defender, could also play as a secondary playmaker in the team. If oportunity comes we should try to do something with the picks or just wait to 2021 when he will become FA.

Porzingis - WCS/Giles - Marjanovic
Randle - Kleber
Oubre Jr - DFS
Hardaway Jr - Curry - Burke
Luka - Brunson

And just give a team time to grove.
Like Reply
(08-28-2020, 08:38 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: I've watched Richardson play against the Celtics. His defense was okay, but shooting 36% from the field and 30% from 3-pt range isn't going to cut here. A lot of bad shot selection (like our own THJ). I'm really out on him. With Horford then becomes an easy no.

I'm really pending towards keeping THJ. Really can't see an upgrade with our assets. Bogdanovic (SAC), White (SAS), Lavine (CHI) are ones I like the fit, but don't see a trade. Doesn't matter where I look, feels like THJ is the safe bet.
Not everyone has to like the trades. I see something different and needed on this team from JRich. Offense comes with players of the caliber we would have on this team with all trades involved. Defense increases also when you have more guys willing to put in the work and have the tools to be capable. Starting team would have LD as the weakest defensive player as opposed to THJ right now (or the toss up when THJ and Curry both start).

We're going into this offseason with most of the same glaring weaknesses we had going into the last. I'd like to change that and get a core that can stick together for a long time. I think this accomplishes that.

THJ is OK, I don't see anything extra he provides than what all of the players can provide at least in spurts (even Horford can provide high level offense for spurts). If THJ isn't scoring, the best we can say about him is...at least you can see he's trying on defense (sometimes). That to me is the story on him and why I hope he's increased his value enough this year to be an asset in trade. 

I'm very in on Bogdanovich. The hope there is that they decide to keep Hield and snt Bog to us. Lavine for reasons stated previously by others, I'm out on. Don't know enough about White to have an opinion.
Like Reply
friend, sorry if my comment looks bad ... It wasn't my intention (I struggle with the language)
Richardson I like ... Rich expiring is not enough reward for eating Horford
Rich will want to get paid imagine asking for 20 million
Holford 26 + Rich 20 by 2 good players
but they don't move the needle that would be hell for Mavs ... imagine Kp can't stay healthy consistently (undiscovered) too risky, to get superior marginal defense

fully on board, with Bogdanovic ..... but I'm in love with Bojan (Utah) the guy would be an absolute killer playing with Luka .. a big guy with an elite shot (and other weapons) launch on the trading board Thj + # 18 ..there was no interest from Jazz
Like Reply
(08-28-2020, 09:48 AM)Mike lorenzo Wrote: Richardson I like ... Rich expiring is not enough reward for eating Horford
I can understand this take. While I don’t agree, I also don’t think it is a bad take on the trade. Lots of hesitation when it comes to contracts that size.

BTW, no harm no foul, I shouldn’t have replied as seemingly harsh as I did. Sorry for that!  Shy
Like Reply
(08-28-2020, 08:38 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: I've watched Richardson play against the Celtics. His defense was okay, but shooting 36% from the field and 30% from 3-pt range isn't going to cut here. A lot of bad shot selection (like our own THJ). I'm really out on him. With Horford then becomes an easy no.

I'm really pending towards keeping THJ. Really can't see an upgrade with our assets. 

A T. Young (CHI) for D. Wright seems to be the best option for the PF position on the short term. Maybe a S&T for C. Wood (DET)?  

#18: T. Bey: Backup Forward that can play inside and outside with incredible defense, ready to contribute now.

#31: X. Tillman: Backup big man that is a defensive beast and a great passer as insurance if KP/Powell gets hurt.

MLE: Gotta give some love to T. Burke. Guy is playing out of his mind and has been a great fit with our team.

Doncic/Brunson/Burke
THJ/Curry/Lee
DFS/Bey/Jackson
Young/Kleber/Powell
KP/Tillman/Boban

There are several things here I like.  I realize this is a place to post fantasy ideas, but deals involving THJ don't feel realistic to me.  The team has said it plans to keep him.   BTW, I think one reason Richardson gets attention is because he and Luka are both Duffy clients.  Maybe that matters in 2021?  Not so sure in 2020.

I wonder how much Luka's quick emergence has changed the team's thinking.  A normal player development timeline might have argued for some team building patience.  But, Luka blew away that timeline and became a top 5-6 player overnight.  Between that and uncertainty around the cap, I'd argue now is the time to pounce.  Not 21 or 22.

I've mentioned Young before.  I believe we were always going to add another bigger player who can play D.  KP's meniscus is a minor injury, but they have to have another rotation ready body.  Best of all worlds might be C. Wood.  They had him in summer league for a month and know if he fits the culture.  Young isn't as good as Wood, but he is a very good perimeter defender and can hit open 3's.  The attraction to me comes from the financial side.  He's a trade match for Wright.  He's partially guaranteed for 21.  He saves $3mm in 21 compared to Wright if you cut him.  BUT, combine him with Jackson at the TDL and bring back someone making $23.5mm while the other team is only committed to $6 million in 21.  So, he fills a need and adds to flexibility if you deal Wright for him.  I think Young would be better resource management than using the MLE on a big (other than maybe Wood).

T. Bey is a good name.  It is hard to know where he goes.  18 feels early.  31 feels late.  He won't be ready for prime time, but might be ready by the time Thaddeus rolls off.  Here's a "too lazy to look it up" question for everyone...If we traded 31 for a 2023 first round pick (presumably protected in some fashion), we would then have picks in 22, 23 and 24.  Once the 21 draft is done, can we trade 22 and 24 as part of some huge sign and trade during 21 free agency?  We would still have picks in 23 and 25, they just wouldn't be our picks.

Count me out on the MLE for Burke.  Count me out for half the MLE for Burke (unless only one year is guaranteed).  Vet Min?  Yes.  $3mm portion of the MLE (and we spend the other $7 million on someone else)?  Yes.  D is a huge hole for this team.  Starting Young with DFS helps the starters.  Maxi needs some help among the reserves (and we need someone to play the DFS role when DFS sits).  I still like Derrick Jones Jr. who can take the other teams best scorer off the bench.  Wright was brought here to be a defender and that needs to be replaced if he is traded for Young.

Who knows what league finances will be this off-season.  Guys who expected $15mm might take the MLE.  Teams aiming for 2021 space may be giving players away to reacquire the space they lost because the cap isn't as high as projected.  I hope Dallas does some big game hunting this off season.  I fear a desire to do that while also trying to maintain flexibility.  But, to what end.  If they extend Hardaway, they will have at least $100mm committed plus any salary added this upcoming season (Pick/MLE).  We won't get anywhere near a max slot.  Plus, Hardaway's "slot" isn't the most urgent need.  Young, Jones and Bey (plus a 2023 pick and expiring trade capital) isn't the sexiest of off seasons.  But, it is improvement and adds players with upside while keeping hope alive for something larger in 2021 through trade rather than free agency.

KP/Maxi/Boban
T.Young/Powell/T. Bey
DFS/MLE (Jones/Jackson/Dort)/Jackson
Hardaway/Curry/Lee
Luka/Brunson/Burke (Min)
Like Reply
(08-29-2020, 07:29 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: KP/Maxi/Boban
T.Young/Powell/T. Bey
DFS/MLE (Jones/Jackson/Dort)/Jackson
Hardaway/Curry/Lee
Luka/Brunson/Burke (Min)
2 worst defenders on that starting unit are on the perimeter in Luka and THJ. That does not bode well and is yet another reason to find a replacement for THJ. Only other way would be to double down on interior defense by getting another good shot blocker so the perimeter guys can funnel to them as best as possible.

Again, you can argue the team won’t give up on THJ this soon, but IMO, the best way to build the team for the future is to figure out a younger and more 2 way option to go in that spot. If the MBT doesn’t agree, that has to be questioned.
Like Reply
(08-29-2020, 08:07 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: 2 worst defenders on that starting unit are on the perimeter in Luka and THJ.

Luka is not playing PG on defense. He is guarding even PF, like Morris against Clippers. DFS-Hardaway is the defensive guard rotation against teams with good guards, with DFS taking the toughest assignment.
Like Reply
"If Philadelphia were to acquire Wiggins, it would create a log jam at small forward. Just over a calendar year after signing Harris to a five-year, $180 million contract, the veteran wing could potentially be on his way out of the City of Brotherly Love. The contract itself was always questionable despite Harris’ previous success.

Philadelphia could potentially look to move this contract while bringing back a couple bad deals in the process. At the very least, it would help create depth. Purely hypothetical, but trading Harris to a contender out west like the Dallas Mavericks could work. Under this scenario, Philly adds depth in the form of Tim Hardaway Jr., Dwight Powell and Delon Wright. The salaries would match, too. The assumption here is that the Sixers would also net a pick or two."

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/...0_32721770
Like Reply
(08-29-2020, 08:27 AM)Hypermav Wrote: "If Philadelphia were to acquire Wiggins, it would create a log jam at small forward. Just over a calendar year after signing Harris to a five-year, $180 million contract, the veteran wing could potentially be on his way out of the City of Brotherly Love. The contract itself was always questionable despite Harris’ previous success.

Philadelphia could potentially look to move this contract while bringing back a couple bad deals in the process. At the very least, it would help create depth. Purely hypothetical, but trading Harris to a contender out west like the Dallas Mavericks could work. Under this scenario, Philly adds depth in the form of Tim Hardaway Jr., Dwight Powell and Delon Wright. The salaries would match, too. The assumption here is that the Sixers would also net a pick or two."

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/...0_32721770

I wouldn´t be completely against it.

The Harris trade crossed my mind, when thinking about ways to get rid of Wright+Powell. Since his salary would still eat up all our 2021 capspace, I´m not giving them THJ, unless they want to throw in the #21, #34 and #35 pick this year, which I would LOVE. That would give us FIVE picks from #18 to #35 in a wildly unpredictable, but even draft class.

Otherwise they only get Justin Jackson.

Doncic/Brunson/Ramsey (34)
Dunn (MLE)/Curry/Hampton (18)
DFS/Jackson/T. Bey (31)
Harris/Kleber/Reed (35)
Porzingis/WCS/Boban

Pokusevski (21/stash for a year)

Obviously you are now married to Doncic/Harris/Porzingis for the next four years and hope that out of those five draft picks somebody special emerges.
Like Reply