Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Maxi Helped Us Win 2 Playoff Games. Dwight has lost us a playoff game.
(05-23-2022, 07:16 AM)Mak Wrote: The criticism Powell faces from restless fans is an unfortunate consequence of the Peter Principle playing out for him and many otherwise-excellent roleplayers in the NBA. DP is amazing at what he does and remains one of the best values in the league - about as much as one should ask for from a roleplayer. Being a makeshift replacement for a position that was essentially a placeholder for a Latvian unicorn superstar was clearly asking far too much.

I don't think Dallas needs to 'get rid' of the longest tenured Maverick, he can still provide immense value especially over the course of a long grinding NBA season (to the point of even leading the squad in Win Shares), but i'd be overjoyed if Nico & co figure out a way this off-season to put Powell in a position to be a contender for 6th man of the year next season.

I’ve been with you on Team Powell for years, but this postseason has been an eye opener. Apparently, Powell is only a good role player when the opponent isn’t playing all out. His inability to even try to get a rebound lost the Mavs a series that was more winnable than many of you think. That was painful to watch and one of the worst playoff performances I’ve ever seen. His value for next season is as a decent sized expiring contract.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maxi Helped Us Win 2 Playoff Games. Dwight has lost us a playoff game. - by ThisIStheYear - 05-27-2022, 06:09 AM