Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
DRAFT: #18 [Green] & #31 [Terry] & trade for #36 [Tyler Bey]
That grin on Doc's face - "thank eff we got rid of Horford as easily as we did."
Like Reply
This guy is definitely a project.  I doubt he gets much playing time next year.
Like Reply
RJ Hampton at 31 is a pipe dream. If Bane, Bolmoro, and Hampton are all there at 31, Mavs better make a trade for 2 more picks.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
With what people are saying of DFS overlap with SBey, probably means that we are not trading DFS anytime soon
Like Reply
Wish we could buy another late first.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 10:12 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: This guy is definitely a project.  I doubt he gets much playing time next year.

Depends on how consistent he is shooting the 3. If he's a 36-40% shooting from 3 and is a good of defender as they think, he'll play right away.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 10:13 PM)cow Wrote: Wish we could buy another late first.

What else does Mark have to spend money on? He said two months ago, "we're buyers." Put your money where your mouth is, ya tool.
Like Reply
Denver sure is not scared to think outside the box either, but they are top class drafters, so...

For what it´s worth Tjarks from The Ringer gave the Mavs an A for Green.
Like Reply
Maybe OKC is open to selling 28 given they only have SEVENTEEN freaking picks.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Mcdaniels is highly intrigueing. If he is there at #31 then he’s the guy Imo.

Green SF/SG/PG defender
McDaniels SF/PF defender

both super athletic who should be able to shoot it at the next level over time.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1329261930041774086

Carlisle on the ultra-quick two-week turnaround between now and the start of training camp -- quick transition for Josh Green: "You can clock this thing with an egg-timer." But Carlisle said that's one of the reasons they drafted Green, they like his maturity. "Worldly."
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 10:12 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: RJ Hampton at 31 is a pipe dream. If Bane, Bolmoro, and Hampton are all there at 31, Mavs better make a trade for 2 more picks.

Lots of pipe dream scenarios have been happening tonight for fans of other teams haha.
Like Reply
There is still Boston with their ocean of picks. Philly still has three second rounders. Also Sacramento and New Orleans (I think). I bet some can be bought
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 10:15 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Maybe OKC is open to selling 28 given they only have SEVENTEEN freaking picks.
Hampton is exactly the kind of athletic high upside guy he´d take.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 10:17 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 10:15 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Maybe OKC is open to selling 28 given they only have SEVENTEEN freaking picks.
Hampton is exactly the kind of athletic high upside guy he´d take.

OKC doesn't have pick 28 anymore. Keep up. They only have 100 picks and they've only traded for them like 5 times today. Geez.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 10:15 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: For what it´s worth Tjarks from The Ringer gave the Mavs an A for Green.

Green wasn't a bad pick. It's just Bey was better. At least in my opinion.

I hope I eat the biggest plate of crow there ever was. Looking at some Green tape he has some great shooting mechanics.
Like Reply
Got some salt for our wounds LOL

18. Dallas Mavericks: SG Josh Green, Arizona

If you value athleticism, Green is one of the best in the draft. He's not very polished and didn't stand out at Arizona at all. But athleticism matters, and if you can get him do to the other stuff, maybe you tap into something special. [b]Grade: C+
[/b]

[b]19. Detroit Pistons (via PHI): SF Saddiq Bey, Villanova[/b]
Bey has been the best available on my board for a while, so if you can get him way down here, you have to feel good about it. Bey is one of the most NBA-ready players in this draft and could step in and be a good player right away. I like this pick more than the other two Pistons picks. [b]Grade: A+[/b]
[-] The following 1 user Likes radioaktiv's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
I was never sold on Saddiq Bey...always preferred Green over him due to the role player potential at guard. The REAL Bey is Tyler!
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 10:18 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: OKC doesn't have pick 28 anymore. Keep up. They only have 100 picks and they've only traded for them like 5 times today. Geez.

Holy crap this is the 2nd time I missed a trade. I feel like an old man.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 10:16 PM)FunkBoreland Wrote: https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1329261930041774086

Carlisle on the ultra-quick two-week turnaround between now and the start of training camp -- quick transition for Josh Green: "You can clock this thing with an egg-timer." But Carlisle said that's one of the reasons they drafted Green, they like his maturity. "Worldly."

Who in the world does base their decisions around, who will be the best player in four weeks, instead of four months or four years.

Also like Green will actually get into more than 30% of games at 8.5 MPG, unless all the veteran guards get covid.
Like Reply