Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Check-In
75 members now...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(09-20-2019, 01:39 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: 75 members now...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply

Even though I started following Fish now more than a dozen years ago, I never figured out the backgrounds of that claim. It's another question why to keep such a claim for so long, but does anyone remember how it came to life?
Like Reply
(09-20-2019, 02:02 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
I see a couple of folks got that reference... Big Grin
Like Reply
(09-20-2019, 02:11 PM)WillE Wrote: Even though I started following Fish now more than a dozen years ago, I never figured out the backgrounds of that claim. It's another question why to keep such a claim for so long, but does anyone remember how it came to life?

I think it was just a throwaway line in one of his articles and then he kept using it. Much like his DAMP and Stack Chips etc... He would create a term or a phrase and then re-use it. 

So I think one day, he was talking about how he is grateful for the community and how he has a team of people helping him. He was exaggerating and saying it is like having a 75 Member Staff... but really he was referencing all of us, and our input on the forums. 

Then he kept running with it. 

(that is at least my memory of how that all went down)
Like Reply
(09-22-2019, 08:28 PM)balldontliez Wrote: Welcome, Jym. 

If anyone knows KillerLeft or any other long time posters, feel free to reach out to them with an invitation. It looks like Farahan made it to the other site and might not be aware that we are here.
I think some are waiting out to see if Maven will become usable by training camp...I bet it won't...look how long it took to add a DB.com tab to click that took out articles...that is Jedi Level IT work from the SI boys...
Like Reply

If anyone knows KillerLeft or any other long time posters, feel free to reach out to them with an invitation. It looks like Farahan made it to the other site and might not be aware that we are here.
Would love Killerleft and VP to come and start posting.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
"75 Member Staff" comes from Mike's radio show on KLIF. And it means what someone above said, that Mike was thankful for the contributions from all the listeners (and now posters)
Like Reply

Thanks thanks. 
Yeah I was waiting around to see what would happen at the Maven, but I think that place is mostly settled except for some cosmetic stuff. Not user friendly at all. 
The parent site here(https://www.qabickcents.com) is kinda weird with all the occult articles, but nothing too extreme stuck out to me while skimming through. Just a weird place for a basketball forum to end up.
Like Reply
(09-22-2019, 09:17 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:

Would love Killerleft and VP to come and start posting.
Hakeemfan is another one.
Like Reply
(09-23-2019, 01:01 AM)Jym Wrote: inda weird with all the occult articles, but nothing too extreme stuck out to me while skimming through. Just a weird place for a basketball forum to end up.

hahaha totally... but mostly it is a lack of a variety of writers is all. Think of Qabick Cents as TheRinger-esque... it has ALL Pop Culture, News, Politics, Entertainment, etc... 

So it will have philosophy/occult/religion, but it will also have politics, and sports, and films, and music, etc...

It is just in early stages is all and we are still growing while I am in school. If anyone is interested in being a writer for it, and writing about whatever type of subject matter you personally find interesting? We need more writers... especially anything outside of what is already up there. We need more variety and it will keep growing and have various podcasts etc. I am a filmmaker so I will be releasing movies through it, and we have musicians making music for it too...

It is a Media Production Company... so it covers nearly everything... I just happen to have a couple philosophical writers now is all
Like Reply
Cool site! Formerly known as the artist: ob1force

I have arrived. 

Like Reply
(09-23-2019, 04:08 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Cool site! Formerly known as the artist: ob1force

I have arrived. 

14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Guess I will check in.  Still in shock that the rift has occurred.  It is legit.  Training camp will be here, we will see the boys in blue lace 'em up, and it will be like old times.
Like Reply

Couldn't stay away for long either lol. The site looks great! Tons of respect and thanks to Magickian for setting this up.
Like Reply
GKAR is our newest member...
Like Reply
(09-24-2019, 04:37 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: GKAR is our newest member...

insert dancing banana emoticon
Like Reply
During the downtime, I tried to sign up for dallas-mavs.com but was apparently too stupid to do so.

Glad this place popped up.
Leave for a few months and everyone ditched me at the old place.
Like Reply
(09-24-2019, 06:10 PM)cow Wrote: Leave for a few months and everyone ditched me at the old place.

You lost a cow along the way.
Like Reply