Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do we want? (playoff matchups)
(04-09-2022, 12:05 PM)Branduil Wrote: It seems SA is sitting their entire starting lineup so we can probably pencil in the #4 Dallas / #4 Utah matchup now.

Lol. Yeah. San Antonio apparently has no interest in helping us out.
Like Reply
(04-09-2022, 02:04 AM)Jommybone Wrote: Chris and I want Mempis.

Be careful what you wish for.
Like Reply
(04-09-2022, 05:05 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Be careful what you wish for.

Yeah but nobody seemed to pick up on the intentional misspelling or the Broussard reference. Oh well. Maybe we’ll get Mempis after a series with Bad City.
Like Reply
(04-09-2022, 01:54 PM)Arioch Wrote: Lol. Yeah. San Antonio apparently has no interest in helping us out.
But GS has also Pelicans in the final game? Loss here would mean Dallas at #3?
Like Reply
(04-09-2022, 05:38 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Yeah but nobody seemed to pick up on the intentional misspelling or the Broussard reference. Oh well. Maybe we’ll get Mempis after a series with Bad City.

I'm not eager to play the Griz either. Multiple sauces say they scored 55 in the 3rd quarter today. Pels beside themselves. Driving around downtown Mempis looking for their defense.
Like Reply
My goal is for the Mavs to play any Western Conference team in the second round.
[-] The following 3 users Like WildArkieBoy's post:
  • ballsrchr, fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Yeah doesn't look like the Spurs will be helping too much tonight
Like Reply
(04-09-2022, 08:30 PM)Jym Wrote: Yeah doesn't look like the Spurs will be helping too much tonight

Maybe, they can be of assistance tomorrow night when they play the Mavs.
Like Reply
(04-09-2022, 06:47 PM)burekemde Wrote: But GS has also Pelicans in the final game? Loss here would mean Dallas at #3?

Yes GS loss/Dallas Win means we move up to #3. Dallas Loss/GS win and the Spurs get home court for the first play-in game. Any other results and nothing changes for anybody.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Arioch's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply
Well the Mavs are getting 4th so might as well rest everyone tomorrow.
Like Reply
Forget the playoff seeding...tomorrow's games are all about draft positioning now!
Like Reply
(04-09-2022, 09:51 PM)Branduil Wrote: Well the Mavs are getting 4th so might as well rest everyone tomorrow.

Why is that so certain? It seems if GS loses and Dallas wins, we are at #3. That could easy happen.

Pelicans, do they have something to play for? At least for the sake of momentum carrying over into playoffs, they need the win.
Like Reply
The fun part is that Mavs, GSW, Jazz, and Nuggets games all start at the exact same time. Will make it impossible for each team to pick their opponents.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(04-10-2022, 02:07 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: The fun part is that Mavs, GSW, Jazz, and Nuggets games all start at the exact same time. Will make it impossible for each team to pick their opponents.

Difficult to pull it off but a big time overthinker like me would try to keep it close. One possession game in the fourth quarter.
Like Reply
9th and 10th seeds are locked in, the Pelicans and Spurs don't have anything to play for and probably want to rest everyone since the play-in games start in a few days. Warriors and Mavs will probably still play their starters at least for 2-3 quarters since they will have all week to rest.
Like Reply
(04-09-2022, 06:52 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Wow, 73% chance Mavs get 3rd and 69% chance they play DEN. 

Wouldn't have guessed that.

Yeah, I wouldn't have guessed it either, because (as stated several times previously) the WIN probabilities assigned (by many NON-VEGAS "experts") to Golden State were incorrect.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hogmelon's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(04-11-2022, 07:36 PM)Hogmelon Wrote: Yeah, I wouldn't have guessed it either, because (as stated several times previously) the WIN probabilities assigned (by many NON-VEGAS "experts") to Golden State were BULLSHIT.

Hey don't shoot the messenger Tongue . That excel used 538's win probabilities. I wouldn't call them amateurs, but I also don't view them as infallible. Their model obviously has some flaws but they also correctly predicted the Lakers horrible season, predicting they go 42-40, when most NBA pundits had them still winning 50+.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Hogmelon
Like Reply