Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bullock (+19, 9 pts, 3 rbd, 2 ast)
0%
0 0%
DFS (+19, 13 pts, 3 rbd, 3 ast)
0%
0 0%
Powell (+23, 9 pts, 7 rbd, 1 stl, 1blk)
0%
0 0%
Luka (+17, 26 pts, 8 rbd, 14 ast, 1 stl)
8.70%
2 8.70%
Brunson (+22, 24 pts, 6 rbd, 3 ast 1 stl)
47.83%
11 47.83%
Dinwiddie (-3, 13 pts, 4 rbd, 3 ast)
0%
0 0%
Green (+2, 12 pts, 7 rbd, 1 ast, 2-3 from 3!)
39.13%
9 39.13%
Bertans (+3, 9 pts, 2 rbd, 2 ast, 3-5 from 3)
4.35%
1 4.35%
Chriss (-9, 12 pts, 1 rbd, 1 stl)
0%
0 0%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 80 DIRKIE: Jalen BUCKETS (48%)
(04-07-2022, 01:20 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: This discussion has come and gone so many times ...

There are probably many topics that have been discussed on this board many times.  It stands to reason that those discussions might be more tiresome to the people who have spent 10 (or 100 or 1000) times as much time here as the newcomers.

How should this situation be handled?  Should I go back to "keeping my mouth [i.e., keyboard] shut" and just lurking?

In any event, thanks to all, not only for your perspicacious insights about the Dallas Mavericks, but also for your exceptional patience and tolerance.
Like Reply
(04-07-2022, 01:39 PM)Hogmelon Wrote: There are probably many topics that have been discussed on this board many times.  It stands to reason that those discussions might be more tiresome to the people who have spent 10 (or 100 or 1000) times as much time here as the newcomers.

How should this situation be handled?  Should I go back to "keeping my mouth [i.e., keyboard] shut" and just lurking?

In any event, thanks to all, not only for your perspicacious insights about the Dallas Mavericks, but also for your exceptional patience and tolerance.

Not going to say what you SHOULD do. Trying not to should on people these days. 

But I'll say what's best for the forum. :-) 

The BEST thing is for you, my friend, to contribute as much as possible!!! :-D 

Just because I've known IGT and KL for so long, I can say with all confidence that neither of them were pushing back on anything you said and were simply sharing their own thoughts about the topic for all to see. Hope you keep blessing us with your presence as often as possible!!!!
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 4 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • DallasMaverick, Hogmelon, ItsGoTime, Smitty
Like Reply
(04-07-2022, 01:11 PM)Hogmelon Wrote: It's all in good fun, though.  Right?

THIS! I feel like we lose this point often nowadays all across the internet. This is all for fun. Vote however you want. I put basically everyone up there for exactly that reason.

Heck I might change my vote to Theo "Team Chemistry" Pinson. Perfect FTs set a great example for everyone else.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 5 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • ballsrchr, fifteenth, Hogmelon, KillerLeft, Smitty
Like Reply
(04-07-2022, 01:39 PM)Hogmelon Wrote: There are probably many topics that have been discussed on this board many times.  It stands to reason that those discussions might be more tiresome to the people who have spent 10 (or 100 or 1000) times as much time here as the newcomers.

You're right, I should have just not said anything like I've decided to for a while now. I was mostly trying to point out people will vote how they want. I try to do just like you do when I vote and follow what I think the posted criteria tries to accomplish. Sorry I came across as thwarting your discussion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • Hogmelon
Like Reply
(04-07-2022, 03:47 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: You're right, I should have just not said anything like I've decided to for a while now. I was mostly trying to point out people will vote how they want. I try to do just like you do when I vote and follow what I think the posted criteria tries to accomplish. Sorry I came across as thwarting your discussion.

No problem, IGT.  I appreciate your thoughtful response.

I realize that I have a tendency to beat a dead horse at times.

I think the Dirkie should be DEFINED in some [at least half-reasonable] way ...

(Something more than: "Hey guys, the Mavs played a game tonight, and here's a list of the players who suited up.  Pick one!")

... but then ...

Each individual is free to interpret the Dirkie definition however he sees fit.

And, like I said before, don't sweat the molehill.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hogmelon's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
(04-07-2022, 03:58 PM)Hogmelon Wrote: No problem, IGT.  I appreciate your thoughtful response.

I realize that I have a tendency to beat a dead horse at times.

I think that the Dirkie should be DEFINED in some [at least half-reasonable] way ...

(Something more than: "Hey guys, the Mavs played a game tonight, and here's a list of the players who suited up.  Pick one!")

... but then ...

Each individual is free to interpret the Dirkie definition however he sees fit.

And, like I said before, don't sweat the molehill.
So, this is what I was trying to get to when I said the posters don't have to wait for the Mods to post these game/Dirkie threads (although, SH is really fast in posting them, I've tried beating him to the punch sometimes to give him a break, then I realize he already did it.). This way we can have a different definition of who is deserving and a possible different voting list from time to time, to spice things up every once in a while (said in my best Dr. Ruth accent). I made one recently that had a Team effort option not long ago to attempt to show people there isn't 1 way to do these things. Also, when I make the game thread, I try to get some interesting pics up (when we played Houston, I posted a pic of my favorite NBA player of all time in Olajuwon) so it's not just the same-old-same-old.
[-] The following 3 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • DallasMaverick, Hogmelon, Smitty
Like Reply
(04-07-2022, 01:39 PM)Hogmelon Wrote:  Should I go back to "keeping my mouth [i.e., keyboard] shut" and just lurking?

No.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply