Poll: Over/under: The amount of 3's Maxi and Reggie will make combined set at 5.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
66.67%
4 66.67%
Under
33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 75: UTA (45-30) @ DAL (46-29) | 114-100 win
Discord does get negative at times but it will snap back to irrational exuberance pretty quick.  Smile   

I like to comment both places so I don't see one detracting from another.  Discord is kinda watching the game with Mavs fans at a sports bar.  Hot takes and high fives.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
(03-28-2022, 02:07 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Discord does get negative at times but it will snap back to irrational exuberance pretty quick.  Smile   

I like to comment both places so I don't see one detracting from another.  Discord is kinda watching the game with Mavs fans at a sports bar.  Hot takes and high fives.

I like to frequent both as well. Can't get enough Mavs content this time of year. I actually like following the general conversation in discord, some good back n forth there. The game chat is just too much though. All is well, I don't mean to complain. We all let the Mavs get us riled up from time to time!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • Hypermav
Like Reply
(03-28-2022, 11:41 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: This was our original intent for moving the game chat there. To keep the knee-jerk negativity off of here. I'd say that has worked, for the most part. 

What we didn't anticipate is that there would be people who would completely abandon this community and post there, exclusively. That has been really unfortunate, imo. We basically have two, separate communities now. But, it is what it is.
I can’t speak for others but I still check in here two or three times a day. It’s just more convenient for me to post over on discord. I do think it’s a positive that we have both. But all of us that almost exclusively chat over there should make it a point to participate over here more often just so the community doesn’t feel split.
Like Reply
I mean, it's called Discord

How could it not divide us?  Sad
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 3 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • ItsGoTime, Kammrath, Mavsfan12
Like Reply
I used to frequent both throughout the day, I just am not made for that type of setup. Half the time I can't figure out who is replying to who and what they're replying to (found myself scrolling up to get context way more than I wanted to). I used to use it during Mavs games exclusively, then  someone made a comment a bit ago that really got me riled up (imagine that?) and I decided going there wasn't worth it anymore.
Like Reply
(03-29-2022, 09:27 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: then  someone made a comment a bit ago that really got me riled up (imagine that?) and I decided going there wasn't worth it anymore.

Impossible I say!! 

I've never been in Discord, whatever that is
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(03-28-2022, 10:25 PM)BasketballJones41 Wrote: I can’t speak for others but I still check in here two or three times a day. It’s just more convenient for me to post over on discord. I do think it’s a positive that we have both. But all of us that almost exclusively chat over there should make it a point to participate over here more often just so the community doesn’t feel split.

I agree, we should all make an effort to post on the board as well. The discord is too fast for me sometimes, but during game chat I really enjoy it, except for the ones who take knee jerking too far.
[-] The following 1 user Likes embellisher's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
(03-29-2022, 09:27 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: then  someone made a comment a bit ago that really got me riled up (imagine that?) and I decided going there wasn't worth it anymore.

(03-29-2022, 11:38 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Impossible I say!! 

https://giphy.com/gifs/quote-fantasy-mov...fullscreen
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hogmelon's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(03-29-2022, 01:19 PM)Hogmelon Wrote: https://giphy.com/gifs/quote-fantasy-mov...fullscreen

Dude! Pal! So good to see you!!!!
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • Hogmelon
Like Reply
I signed up for Discord, but found--like I already knew--that I can't run my mouth (typing fingers) while watching the game.  I need to do one or the other.

So...I watch the game and then come here to say what I need to say and read comments by others.  I like comments by others.

I don't like conflict in threads.  Discussions?...of course!  But when the "discussion" degrades into "he says, she says", or "...you didn't say it like I want it said!", or "...that's not what I said",or ad infinitum, then I wish those "discussions" could be highlighted in red, so I don't have to waste my time reading them.

I know enough about basketball to enjoy the game on several levels.  Even if I didn't...I'd still be a true blue Mavs fan.  And I have been since the very early eighties--whenever they started, I may be getting senile by now.

Anyway...this is why I don't use discord.  Notice how I made a short story long and wandering...?
[-] The following 3 users Like ballsrchr's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft, Smitty
Like Reply
(03-29-2022, 01:38 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Dude! Pal! So good to see you!!!!

Likewise, my friend!!!!!
Like Reply