Poll: How many points does Maxi score? O/U 10.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
50.00%
6 50.00%
Under
50.00%
6 50.00%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 73: HOU (18-55) vs. DAL (45-28)| 91-110 WIN!
FN is looking good!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply
(03-23-2022, 09:39 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Feet aren’t quick enough to switch on the pick and roll. Don’t think he’s an upgrade here. I realize this won’t be a popular opinion here. But having guys like Maxi and Dwight who can switch onto guards successfully is the key to our defense. That changes as soon as you play a slow-footed center, no matter how well he can shoot 3s.

Foul trouble early but he was pretty good in the 3rd quarter from what I saw. Got switched onto Dinwiddie on an island a lot and looked fine to me. Got bumped by Brunson one time and got knocked backwards too though. I don't think he's really engaged. Doing a lot of loafing. That's what happens on losing teams. Probably more concerned about avoiding a major injury than giving effort. He should be set up for a lot more dunks. Don't think they have the distributor to get that done, just a lot of score first guys.
Like Reply
(03-23-2022, 09:46 PM)Kammrath Wrote: FN is looking good!!!

One day I hope he writes a memoir called "It's about FN time."
[-] The following 4 users Like Jmaciscool's post:
  • BoredAssistant, Jommybone, Kammrath, michaeltex
Like Reply
First time going to a game in a while.  A few observations. 

Maxi’s complete lack of confidence in his shot is even more evident in person.  Saw body language and self talk that the cameras don’t always catch.  I’m gonna have to change my username at this rate because whatever the basketball version of the yips is….he has it. 

Brown doesn’t do anything that looks like an NBA rotation player, and that’s as kind as I can be about his game. 

Frankie on the other hand flashes things that look very useful.  Hope the Mavs continue developing him.  

Sengun just bullied Maxi a few times.  That bully ball has got to be hell on Maxi and maybe a big reason he can’t make a shot to save his life.  Maxi’s work rate is crazy because he is either defending bigs that are throwing their weight at him or wings that are making him move constantly. 

I love DFS.  

Mavs have got to find a way to keep JB unless there is just some crazy trade that materializes. 

Bumped into Finley and Nico (humble brag) and those dudes are incredibly personable.  

Last but not least…my daughter got her pic with Luka and that moment alone was worth the cost of admission.  Luka was as nice as could be and even though it was just a few moments he made that moment one neither of us will forget.
[-] The following 11 users Like MaxiThreeba's post:
  • Arioch, ballsrchr, DanSchwartzgan, Jmaciscool, Kammrath, KillerLeft, Mavsfan12, michaeltex, ReunionMav, SleepingHero, Smitty
Like Reply
(03-23-2022, 09:39 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Feet aren’t quick enough to switch on the pick and roll. Don’t think he’s an upgrade here. I realize this won’t be a popular opinion here. But having guys like Maxi and Dwight who can switch onto guards successfully is the key to our defense. That changes as soon as you play a slow-footed center, no matter how well he can shoot 3s.

Actually I think a lot of folks have bought into Kidd's defensive strategy.  That's why most of the calls for frontcourt help have involved an mobile defensive big man.  Personally I don't think shooting threes is necessary as long as that player can rim roll.  Defensive mobility is the most important part.
[-] The following 4 users Like mvossman's post:
  • ballsrchr, DallasMaverick, DanSchwartzgan, ReunionMav
Like Reply
(03-23-2022, 11:37 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: Last but not least…my daughter got her pic with Luka and that moment alone was worth the cost of admission.  Luka was as nice as could be and even though it was just a few moments he made that moment one neither of us will forget.

Great recap and pretty cool for your daughter!

Question though: When she took the pic with Luka did she notice any love handles on him? I'm concerned about him putting some bad weight back on... Smile
Like Reply
(03-23-2022, 11:37 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: Maxi’s complete lack of confidence in his shot is even more evident in person.  Saw body language and self talk that the cameras don’t always catch.  I’m gonna have to change my username at this rate because whatever the basketball version of the yips is….he has it. 

This is so depressing. I love Maxi but if he's a complete liability offensively then he's not worth anything more than a minimum contract. 

(03-23-2022, 11:37 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: Last but not least…my daughter got her pic with Luka and that moment alone was worth the cost of admission.  Luka was as nice as could be and even though it was just a few moments he made that moment one neither of us will forget.

Awesome to hear for you and your daughter! I'm patiently awaiting my chance to get a pic/autograph with Luka. 

I also ran into Finely once at a game and he was definitely a cool dude. He appreciated my story of me remembering him hitting a half court shot against the Kings (in 02 I think) and he signed my game program for me.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(03-23-2022, 09:06 AM)Smitty Wrote: Last game with no Luka:

Dinwiddie went for 36 & 7
Brunson 23 & 6
Green with 29 minutes off the bench (2nd most this year), scoring 12 points (3rd highest this year/career).

A one point win over the Kings @ Home thanks to a DoDo 3-pointer with 3 seconds left, to give him 17 points.

This game with no Luka:

Dinwiddie goes for 26 & 6  -- 19 in the first half
Brunson 28 & 3 -- 16 in the 3rd quarter
Frank with 21 minutes off the bench, scoring 13 points, 4 assist, 3 rebounds on 6-10 shooting.

A blowout win -- with DoDo chipping in a solid 14 points.
Like Reply
At Prestonwood Mall in '89 or '90, my parents made me run and purchase a basketball at that sports store on the lower level (upper level?) because James Donaldson was signing autographs.  Tall guy and he seemed really nice.  At DFW airport around '92, my parents, obviously not born in the states, met Rolando Blackman in the lobby and started talking to him.  They had no clue who he was.  He ended up signing an autograph for them which my mother had framed.  Both of my parents, but especially my mother, were blown away by how nice he was.  Her face lights up when his name is brought up.  You're the man, Rolando!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoredAssistant's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply
(03-23-2022, 11:45 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Great recap and pretty cool for your daughter!

Question though: When she took the pic with Luka did she notice any love handles on him? I'm concerned about him putting some bad weight back on... Smile

Haha!  Didn't notice any love handles.  He is, of course, just a large human being.  Moses Wright is a big dude as well, that kind of caught me off guard just how big he is.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaxiThreeba's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(03-24-2022, 12:13 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: This is so depressing. I love Maxi but if he's a complete liability offensively then he's not worth anything more than a minimum contract. 

Awesome to hear for you and your daughter! I'm patiently awaiting my chance to get a pic/autograph with Luka. 

I also ran into Finely once at a game and he was definitely a cool dude. He appreciated my story of me remembering him hitting a half court shot against the Kings (in 02 I think) and he signed my game program for me.

My dumb self forgot to bring a sharpie to the game.  He was trying to run one down and then got whisked away by someone in a suit.  Last thing he said was "next time bring a pen"
Like Reply
A James Donaldson mention. Wow! He visited my youth group in about 1989. He was incredibly nice and wise sounding. He is the largest man I have ever met. His head was perilously close to the <8 foot ceiling. 

As I posted yesterday we have long had some great guys to root for.
[-] The following 2 users Like ReunionMav's post:
  • BoredAssistant, embellisher
Like Reply