Poll: How many points will Dinwiddie score? O/U 11.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
46.15%
6 46.15%
Under
53.85%
7 53.85%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 59: DAL (35-24) vs. NOP (23-36): 125-118 WIN!
(02-18-2022, 06:35 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Oh I´m pretty sure DFS and Kleber are valued very highly. I don´t think it´s for a lack of offers that they have not been moved. The reason Green hasn´t been moved is that he´s just not very good (right now). Baby steps with him. He improved his shooting percentages by 5/15/15 percentage points from his rookie season already.  Confidence is still a huge issue, but we´ll get the Carlisle out of his system, the damage was not permanent.  Tongue

Guys like DFS, Crowder, Covington, Danny Green generally don't get much more than the MLE.  Meanwhile guys like THJ, Norman Powell and Fournier all got 18 mil a year.  I would rather have a guy in the first list than a guy in the second.  From what I can see, trade returns reflect a similar disparity.  That is why I think it generally does not make sense to send out a guy like that in a trade because you will not get back the value he brings to the team.

Honestly, I am not a fan of players in the second group (which includes Bertans), especially in Kidd's system.  I feel like what makes the most sense is to have two players on the court that can generate offense for themselves or others (Luka, Brunson, Din), two 3&D players (DFS, Maxi, Bullock) and a mobile rim protecting center (maybe Maxi but preferably someone like Holmes).  Green falls in a hybrid group that can play defense, some playmaking and an occasional 3.  If he can improve from 3 and get a little more aggressive on offense in general I think he will become very valuable.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 59: DAL (35-24) vs. NOP (23-36): 125-118 WIN! - by mvossman - 02-18-2022, 07:18 PM