Poll: How many points will Dinwiddie score? O/U 11.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
46.15%
6 46.15%
Under
53.85%
7 53.85%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 59: DAL (35-24) vs. NOP (23-36): 125-118 WIN!
Re: Josh

For once the Mavs draft the athletic guy with upside so it was always expected that he'd have a longer ramp up.  Carlisle gives him no burn his rookie season which lengthens that ramp.  I'm not even sure I'd give credit to Kidd for what Green has shown this season as Josh didn't show a lot of flashes before Jason Garrett Jr. played him extended minutes and to be fair on that assessment, he might not have had a choice due to much of the roster being out.  We'd feel better if this was Josh's rookie season for sure, but I think there is enough there to be encouraged.  And I'd completely written him off after his national team didn't play him in the Olympics.

+Handles the ball pretty well.
+Vision
+Passing
+More assertive in taking shots
+Hustle
-Needs to pull the trigger when wide open more often
-Needs to work on his outside shooting
-Needs to figure out how to use his athleticism more effectively on defense.   While I like his energy, he needs to be more cerebral.  He gets too close to offensive players airspace and gets a lot of silly fouls.  Can also over pursue on close outs which lead to easy blow by.  Even when he does have good positioning on an offensive player, I'm not sure how much his contests bother them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 59: DAL (35-24) vs. NOP (23-36): 125-118 WIN! - by cow - 02-18-2022, 01:56 PM