Poll: How many points will Dinwiddie score? O/U 11.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
46.15%
6 46.15%
Under
53.85%
7 53.85%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 59: DAL (35-24) vs. NOP (23-36): 125-118 WIN!
(02-18-2022, 12:42 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Luka was magical for three quarters last night, but Luka one on five possessions with no passes aren't going to cut it against better teams.  The job needs to be getting the new guys comfortable and taking over when necessary.  Not taking 43% of the teams total shots and wondering why everyone is ice cold when he sits.  I know, I'm criticizing the hero of the game who just scored 49 highly efficient points.  But, I really didn't like the version of Luka who takes this many shots.  This is the third time in February that he's taken 30+ and the prior two were losses to OKC and LAC.  We are 12-4 when he takes fewer than 20 shots.  We are 12-1 when he gets 11 or more assists.

Luka was magical the first three quarters but even so I still cringe with the no pass possessions.   I thought at times last night, the ball movement was great.    But it sort of goes back to no passing when Luka gets into a groove.   

I have been thinking lately if Luka plays this way because it gives us the best chance to win or does he play this way because that is how he wants to play (IE Harden ball).   If it is the second, it makes you wonder what second star will want to come here and what type of player is the best fit in that role?   

I think Jalen has really fit in well playing next to Luka when he dominates the ball.  Others may have a lot of trouble doing this...especially if they are use to having the ball.   

With KP no longer here there is really nothing that takes the ball off of Luka hands.    Is this the way he wants to play or is it something that can be managed a little bit better.   Keeping the benefits of Luka being Luka but also being able to attack teams in different ways.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 59: DAL (35-24) vs. NOP (23-36): 125-118 WIN! - by Chicagojk - 02-18-2022, 01:55 PM