Poll: How many points will Dinwiddie score? O/U 11.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
46.15%
6 46.15%
Under
53.85%
7 53.85%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 59: DAL (35-24) vs. NOP (23-36): 125-118 WIN!
(02-17-2022, 10:09 PM)cow Wrote: He was covering Ingram.  Maxi or Luka needs to control the rebound.

He contested the shot. Ball bounces right in the their direction . Don´t think another player has a chance to get the ball. Between DFS and Ingram.
Like Reply
Luka is huffing and puffing out there. Seriously exhausted. Those jumpers get real hard when your legs have no energy.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
For as good as Luka has been this game, this is a terrible 4th quarter by him.
Like Reply
Not a fan of the possessions since Luka came back in.  He is gassed and understandably so. 

Would like to have seen some different actions
Like Reply
No reason for Brunson to come up like that. Dont set a pick at the half court line. Easy triple team essentially.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Dirkie:  DFS for stopping that momentum in the 4th.
New guys grades:  
-DB D+ for that drive and kick in the 4th that also helped counter the Pels run, otherwise pretty bad.  
-SD:  B
Like Reply
Karma for stat hunting earlier by Luka.

ITs funny cause he said before the free throw "just need my one"
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
Topics of the day. Lack of effort and focus. Hopefully Kidd finds the right words. They won but it probably wasn´t the kind of basketball he wants to see.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Kammrath, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Not a pretty win, but a win.

I was very encouraged by Dinwiddie’s fit tonight.

Kleber is a better Center than Porzingis, against any team in any situation.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • SleepingHero, Smitty
Like Reply
(02-17-2022, 10:21 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Not a pretty win, but a win.

I was very encouraged by Dinwiddie’s fit tonight.

Kleber is a better Center than Porzingis, against any team in any situation.

Speaking of KP, I do worry about Maxi holding up.  I've been watching the transaction wire looking for waived big men.  Powell wasn't great tonight.
Like Reply
(02-17-2022, 10:21 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Kleber is a better Center than Porzingis, against any team in any situation.

Agreed with everything you said riiiiiiiight until you said this. 

Mayor of KP island still has some duties and KP slander is not tolerated. You gotta forfeit your land.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(02-17-2022, 10:24 PM)cow Wrote: Speaking of KP, I do worry about Maxi holding up.  I've been watching the transaction wire looking for waived big men.  Powell wasn't great tonight.

Agree about Powell tonight. His first real dud in a while. I hope it’s just a speed bump.

Agree that Kleber wearing down is a concern. I’m just saying that if both he and Porziņģis are healthy, I honestly believe Kleber is a better player for the Mavericks at that position. He does all of the good things Porzingis can do, only a little bit better. He does some great things that Porziņģis can’t do at all. He doesn’t try to do any of the things Porziņģis tries to do but can't.
Like Reply
Watching Kleber and Powell in matchups against big bodies like Valanciunas is really telling. One knows how to absorb contact and prevents them from getting deep position in the paint. The other is getting pushed around. It´s not like Maxi is bigger or stronger. Just plays it smarter.
Like Reply
(02-17-2022, 10:26 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Agreed with everything you said riiiiiiiight until you said this. 

Mayor of KP island still has some duties and KP slander is not tolerated. You gotta forfeit your land.

I stand by my take. You can have my land.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
KP island went the way of Atlantis.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(02-17-2022, 10:27 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Agree about Powell tonight. His first real dud in a while. I hope it’s just a speed bump.

Agree that Kleber wearing down is a concern. I’m just saying that if both he and Porziņģis are healthy, I honestly believe Kleber is a better player for the Mavericks at that position. He does all of the good things Porzingis can do, only a little bit better. He does some great things that Porziņģis can’t do at all. He doesn’t try to do any of the things Porziņģis tries to do but can't.

KP's gone so I'm not worried about the comparison anymore.  I've never been impressed by his game.  

I do kind of wonder what the future holds for Maxi.  He'll be 32 his contract is up next season.  There are nights like these and last game where it seems like he is due for a raise but he's also been banged up a lot these last few season which has lead to inconsistency.  Does he get another contract with the Mavs?
Like Reply
(02-17-2022, 10:30 PM)Hypermav Wrote: KP island went the way of Atlantis.

By this time next year we will wonder if it’s real or fiction.

(02-17-2022, 10:31 PM)cow Wrote: Does he get another contract with the Mavs?

I hope so, but it this point I don’t even care. I am no longer worried about them trying to build around the wrong players, so I’m not worried about too much.
Like Reply
(02-17-2022, 10:26 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Agreed with everything you said riiiiiiiight until you said this. 

Real estate bubble burst. Hopefully all residents are okay. They lost everything in one trade. Maybe we should invest into a Dinwinddie/Bertans recovery fund.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Powell must lead the league in time spent not facing the basket with the ball in your hands in non-post-up situations.
Like Reply
(02-17-2022, 10:34 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Real estate bubble burst. Hopefully all residents are okay. They lost everything in one trade. Maybe we should invest into a Dinwinddie/Bertans recovery fund.

We need the Bertans Bailout to recover honestly. KP Island was too big to fail.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • DallasMaverick, dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft
Like Reply