Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: McCollum+Nance+Snell to NOP | Hart+Sato+Walker-Alex+Louzada+1st+2 2nds to POR
So the Blazers get the New Orleans pick if it is between 5 and 14 this year.  Pelicans keep it if is 1-4 and Hornets get it from 15-30.  Wild.

If Blazers don't get the pick this year they get the 2025 first from the Bucks (top 4 protected)

https://twitter.com/cclark_13/status/149...5484433408
Like Reply
(02-09-2022, 09:17 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: It isn't the least bit reasonable to hold a novice who had been on the job a month responsible for things that Cuban, Finley et al were doing. 

What gives you confidence that this novice will all of a sudden take all the strings if he allowed to be instructed at the very start? I have minimum. You set the tone at the very start and it is difficult to change later. THJ was not Donnies move, that is the whole point. Even if it was others who instructed Harrison it was not Donnie who made it. 

(02-09-2022, 09:17 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: And I'll let you explain to Luka why we decided to let Hardaway walk and not fill the spot

Where did I say spot shouldn't be filled? Not spending cap space is not the only form of flexibility. Shorter term contracts, young players with upside and similar are much contracts that provide much more flexibility. Mavs locked themselves into the team that is not good enough and so far it looks they will just continue on the jurney. I hope I will be pleasantly surprised.
Like Reply
(02-09-2022, 09:54 AM)omahen Wrote: What gives you confidence that this novice will all of a sudden take all the strings if he allowed to be instructed at the very start? I have minimum. You set the tone at the very start and it is difficult to change later. THJ was not Donnies move, that is the whole point. Even if it was others who instructed Harrison it was not Donnie who made it. 

Where did I say spot shouldn't be filled? Not spending cap space is not the only form of flexibility. Shorter term contracts, young players with upside and similar are much contracts that provide much more flexibility. Mavs locked themselves into the team that is not good enough and so far it looks they will just continue on the jurney. I hope I will be pleasantly surprised.

You are preaching to the choir in the second paragraph.  I spend months outlining ways to use cap space last spring.  But alas, they didn’t listen.

The point I’ve tried to make is you are assigning blame to Nico and you can’t possibly know if he deserves it or not.  In fact, given the timing and history of the position, I think it is highly unlikely he wasn’t driving the bus at the time.  Whether he eventually takes command or not is immaterial to the point I was making.
[-] The following 2 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Arioch, Not an evil robot
Like Reply
What the new GM in POR just accomplished should be the blueprint on how a new GM takes controls of a team.  

During the Philly game when the backboard was being replaced.  Cynth and Nico joined the Bally team for a short clip.  Did anything Nico said, or his tone of voice, or his mannerisms give the viewer the impression that he is in control of the Mavs?

And last night after the game on the Bally post game show, Brian Dameris had to reassure viewers that Nico is in fact doing everything he can to make a play this TDL.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1491489079451652100
Like Reply
(02-09-2022, 02:08 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1491489079451652100
Spurs acquire Sato to replace White who is outgoing in a deal for KP!
[-] The following 3 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft, Nowitzki Way
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/_Andrew_Lopez/status...7745381385
Like Reply
Surprised McCollum chose the cesspool that is the Pelican franchise. History is not on his side for this one.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 12:27 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Surprised McCollum chose the cesspool that is the Pelican franchise. History is not on his side for this one.

Guess it depends what his other options were.  IF Zion ever gets right, it could be a fun team.  He could also just be saying all the right things.
Like Reply