Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 7.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
86.96%
20 86.96%
Knicks
13.04%
3 13.04%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 11: DAL (6-5) @ NYK (3-9) | 103-106 loss
(11-15-2019, 06:46 AM)hakeemfan Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 01:21 AM)JamesConway Wrote: Sure, we have more talent than the Knicks and underperformed tonight yet again.

The issue though remains the overall talent level Imo. We‘ve extended/signed all these bench players and the result you will get is inconsistency.

Powell/Kleber/DFS aren’t significantly better than dudes like Morris/Taj/Randle. They just aren’t. If anything that’s the same mold of players so we can’t expect these rather even matchups to go in our favor more often than not.

For whatever moronic reason we’ve locked ourselves into all these contracts though for years.

80% of the blame is on the front office Imo for their work this last June/July. We had $30M but ended up without a third starter. They also didn’t set us up for the future with their complete neglect of picking up assets (Iggy + 1st attached, Harkless + 1st......both wings who could have helped now and the picks could have boosted our chances in trades).

Carslisle isn’t without his faults but he’s still the same coach he was for years. I’d happily move on from him in general but that would have nothing to do with his performances this year.

This team takes a lot of 3s.  They did that last year. They add a 7’3” guy and are still doing it.  That is on the coach. 

Live and die by the 3 is not a good offense when you have two legit stars who can get a closer shot.  RC should demand more from the players in getting better shots. The fans should demand more from RC in seeing a more hard working offense out there.

The Mavs are heavily reliant on analytics.  They're not going to stop taking 3s.  I doubt it's coming from the coach.  Probably an organizational philosophy.

Rick hasn't been great but

1.  this roster isn't that talented.  I mean posters are clamoring for 2nd round pick Brunson, couldn't make it on the Kings Jackson, and 35 year old coming off an achilles tear Barea to get more playing time.  

2.  KP isn't playing like a star.  If he was, maybe he could elevate the play of the mediocre guys on the roster.  Right now, we just have one star.  That's not enough when the rest of your players are meh.

This is a .500 talent team until KP plays at an all-star level.

As for Carlisle...

this team was predicted to win between 39-45 games.  Most people had them around 41-41.

So if they win 35, I'm on board with firing Carlisle.  

I think most people on here are severely overestimating the talent on this roster based on the 5-1 start.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 11: DAL (6-5) @ NYK (3-9) | 103-106 loss - by jesusshuttlesworth82 - 11-15-2019, 05:22 PM