Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 7.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
86.96%
20 86.96%
Knicks
13.04%
3 13.04%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 11: DAL (6-5) @ NYK (3-9) | 103-106 loss
(11-15-2019, 10:54 AM)bartlettbear Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 10:31 AM)TXBamanut Wrote: I think it's a case of playing down to their opponents.  That's classic inexperienced, young team.

It's frustrating, but to me, there are some tanomalies.

Things that will change.
1)  Seth Curry is NOT going to keep on shooting 33% from 3, 10 points below his career average.  That will change.
2)  KP will get better.  KP is starting to get into shape.  I'll say this...in a very hostile environment, he did something Chandler Parsons NEVER did when we played Houston...he actually showed up and got over the butthurt.  Showed me a lot.  I loved his quote to Brad Townsend.  "I like this better than neutral. . . I’m not going to try to win them over now.”  I'll take that.
3)  I think our FT shooting will get better.
4)  Carlisle isn't an idiot...he'll make this work.

Things that won't change.
1)  Tim Haradaway's idiotic shot choices when the game is on the line.  He's a great guy to bring energy when we are down or ahead, but when the game is on the line, he needs to be on the bench.  He's on the roster...he's making a ton of money...and we are stuck with him for 2 more years.
2)  Dwight Powell's defense on bigs.  He can't do it.  He gets torched no matter how hard he hustles, no matter who we put  him on, he gets killed....and we are stuck with him for 4 more years.

1 and 2 on the bottom contradicts 4 on the top, he 100% nail what Hardaway can bring to a team you see, I see it everyone sees it except RC.  Thus if he cant see than 4 is an incorrect statement.

Had to fix this quote.  Honestly, I'm inclined to agree, but I'm hanging on to the slim hope that Carlisle is being forced to deal with THJ because of the money.

DP is a lower hope.  So maybe you are right...  I'm still going to think that maybe he figures out a way to use Powell and THJ.

I want to make one very strong point and we CANNOT get away from this point.
The Mavs have been in every game late and SHOULD have won every game they have played this year.
Think about the last time you were able to honestly say that about the Mavs 10 games into a season and really mean it.  Exactly.
For all the belly aching, we are 6-4, which sucks considering the weaker schedule, but there have been playoff teams in that run and I think in every MFFL's sane mind, we should be undefeated, seriously.

That's a great feeling after the last several years.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 11: DAL (6-5) @ NYK (3-9) | 103-106 loss - by TXBamanut - 11-15-2019, 11:31 AM