Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 7.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
86.96%
20 86.96%
Knicks
13.04%
3 13.04%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 11: DAL (6-5) @ NYK (3-9) | 103-106 loss
(11-15-2019, 12:17 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: The most often criticized aspects mentioned here aren't closely related to things that are fixed with just time.

When every player does it, it is systematic. It's not a player or developmental issue alone.

Completely disagree. The lineups will settle down at some point. And many of the mistakes the Mavs are making are exactly what a young team that lacks cohesion would do: Inconsistent shooting, being uncertain about which looks to take (passing up open shots but taking bad shots), turnovers, and a huge one, lack of end game execution are the mistakes a young team makes. If this team has the personnel to be a good team, these are things that will improve. If they don't clean this stuff up over time, then you have to figure out whether it's coaching or a sub par roster. My personal opinion is that this group will get better AND that the front office is not done improving the roster. 

And the word you were looking for is systemic.

(11-15-2019, 12:14 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: A couple of weeks ago the Mavs were 3-1 coming off an incredible team win against the Nuggets. They are since 3-4, with 5 of those 6 games coming against the bottom barrel of the NBA and they've looked awful in every game. Cavs and Memphis were extremely close, Mavs should've lost against Orlando, the Knicks beat up the Mavs every which way twice! Boston controlled the entire game until the Mavs fought back hard in the 4th. Then Kemba came in and hit 3 straight 3's when THJ was guarding him.

Things move fast in the NBA, the Mavs looked good their first 5 games. They've since looked terrible and deserve criticism.

I actually agree with this SH. Poor play deserves a critical look. I just don't think the coach is the problem.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 11: DAL (6-5) @ NYK (3-9) | 103-106 loss - by fifteenth - 11-15-2019, 09:52 AM