Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 7.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
86.96%
20 86.96%
Knicks
13.04%
3 13.04%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 11: DAL (6-5) @ NYK (3-9) | 103-106 loss
(11-14-2019, 11:22 PM)fifteenth Wrote: This place is more toxic now than it was through the tanking years.

I love ya Fif, but criticizing the coach after 2 losses in the same week against the worst team in the NBA isn't toxic, its justified.

And this is after the Mavs put together underwhelming outings with terrible basketball against the Cavs (let them hung around the entire game), Orlando (a game they should've lost) Memphis (let them hung around the whole game x2) and Boston, with 2 awful losses to the lowly Knicks. 

6 straight games of really terrible basketball. I figure after tonight this is a healthy boiling over to vent justified frustrations for a coach who is lauded for his accomplishments.

I believe in Carlisle, in the sense that I think he can right the ship. BUT every game its more of the same so far this year. Too many out of the box adjustments that builds no consistency, and a lack of focus on defense and smart shots. If Carlisle wants to build a team then build it! Stop changing every lineup and rotation every night. You can't build anything from that. Add onto incredibly controversial rotations, such as sitting Luka for 7 minutes in the 4th after he just scored 15 points in 2 minutes, that all falls on the coach.

The team looks disheartened, and unmotivated. 

Our offense has boiled down to letting Luka find the open man standing around the 3 point line and hoping they can hit the shot. Luka is so good that it works, but to say that's the best our offense can be is disheartening. 

Unfortunately I don't think there are any clear cut better replacements, and I think Cuban would need like 3 years before he ever put RC on the hot seat.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 11: DAL (6-5) @ NYK (3-9) | 103-106 loss - by SleepingHero - 11-14-2019, 11:37 PM