Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 7.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
86.96%
20 86.96%
Knicks
13.04%
3 13.04%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 11: DAL (6-5) @ NYK (3-9) | 103-106 loss
Bullets:
  • The Mavs are no longer a playoff contender until they prove us wrong. Some will point out the fact that random losses in November are not decisive, but in the West they kinda are. This was by far the easiest stretch of games and a good opportunity to get some wins, and we lost to the fucking Knicks twice. That's unacceptable and will cost you long-term. I don't care what Skin and Co are trying to sell you.
  • Here's my darkest timeline to those that think we are the bright future Mavs. We have little room to improve next season and Luka definitely won't be content with missing the playoffs in his first three seasons in the NBA. Let that sink in. He is a winner and wants to win. He needs to get to the playoffs asap.
  • You can't prevent big shots like the one from Morris. Kleber with some outstanding defense, just better offense. What you can control though is not playing like ass against the worst team in the league. The Mavs asked for the loss and got it.
  • Gotta point to toughness as well: I think we caught the Knicks at the worst possible timing. KP return, front office calling them out. But that's why you have to match their intensity. They didn't do it six days ago and again tonight. Dallas is one of the best rebounding teams and just got trashed on the boards and in the paint. Horrible effort.
  • My main issue with THJ is not that he's inefficient and one of the worst defenders on the team. It's more that just like Barnes or Wes, he doesn't fit our system. I hope Rick finally realizes that he has to change something, and trying Jackson in THJ's role is worth a shot.
  • What happened to Seth Curry? He's not looking like a good player to be honest. Neither does Brunson.
  • Starting Powell tonight was boneheaded. It's easy to point to his stats vs. Kleber and say he's had a better game, but let me tell you that he didn't. He had exactly one good stretch with a three and a basket. Otherwise he was missing wide-open layups and continues to be a shot show on defense.
  • Talking about defense: Mavs are a good offensive team, but the lack of defense means you are not as likely to survive off-nights. This is going to be a pretty up and down season imho.
  • Luka's sub pattern has to change: He normally plays 12 + 6 + 12 + 6, but it's been obvious that he needs to much time in the fourth to get back into a groove. In the second half it would be better to split it 9 + 9, at least in close games. If you have a chance to blow the game wide open, can still play him the entire third.
  • I liked KP. He showed grit and did bounce back some. Not the monster game I was hoping though. Unfortunately we continue to utilize him badly. He's not a good post-up player and we treat him like prime Dirk. It's costing us.
  • I didn't understand Luka driving to the basket late when we were down three. Whether that was him or Rick, it was a bad decision. We were out of timeouts with a foul to give and it was pretty clear we wouldn't be able to get a good shot off at that point.
  • Luka's threes become a good indicator of the supporting cast sucking. Him throwing them up is a sign of not getting enough help. I still fell like he could avoid the difficult step-backs here and there, but this loss is obviously not on him. Another triple double.
  • Kudos to the MSG btw. They gave it to KP and the Mavs. Loved the "asshole" chants. That's what decent fans should do to visiting players every fucking night. Atmosphere definitely was a factor.
Former: Psychology BSc. Sports coverage for @weltfussball and @sportde. Writer at @mavsmoneyball. Now: Web Dev, Mavs fan.
[Image: MFSYrBp.png]
Twitter: j0Shi_f
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 11: DAL (6-5) @ NYK (3-9) | 103-106 loss - by j0Shi - 11-14-2019, 11:33 PM