Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 7.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
86.96%
20 86.96%
Knicks
13.04%
3 13.04%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 11: DAL (6-5) @ NYK (3-9) | 103-106 loss
Keys:
  • Revenge games(s): Of course this is all about KP's return to MSG. It's on national tv, and the story of the game. But could also be DSJ playing against his former team in a season he has struggled mightily. And last but not least the Mavs themselves got punched in the face by the Knicks not long ago. I guess that's quite a lot going on for a common Thursday game.
  • Knicks put on notice: Just like six days ago the Knicks should bring some extra motivation into this one. It's the first game after the Knicks brass voiced concern about the team's struggles. They are a mess and Fizdale and management could be fired any minute pretty much. That's why it's once again important to be ready right from the start and not let New York or their fans get into the game.
  • Must win: Because of the mentioned reasons, it could be a difficult game. But Mavs are heavy favorites and on paper should win easily. Let's not gift this crap franchise another win please. Last year two early losses against the abysmal Suns put a lot of doubt into any playoff aspirations. Two losses to the Knicks could do the same this season. Not that it's the end of the world of course, but it would not look good to say the least.
  • Get Curry going: This one will be about KP, but force-feeding him might not be too beneficial. Just play the game and don't let the narrative affect you. More than that, I'd like to see Curry get going. He is absurdly inefficient and invisible for how good a fit he is in theory. We need him.
  • Consistency in the starting lineup: Let's roll out the same five as against Boston. I know they didn't perform too well, but it's the right lineup and it needs the minutes together. Powell got eaten alive in the first matchup and I can only hope Rick doesn't field Lee for toughness again.
  • Bench THJ in case of emergency: THJ is so up and down that Rick has to protect him from himself. Which means that he shouldn't play more than 15 minutes on nights where he bricks every possible possession that somehow goes through him. We have a very intriguing replacement in Justin Jackson. Adjust if necessary.
  • Next Luka show in front of a national audience: The Knicks suck, game is on TNT. Go do your thing Luka!
Former: Psychology BSc. Sports coverage for @weltfussball and @sportde. Writer at @mavsmoneyball. Now: Web Dev, Mavs fan.
[Image: MFSYrBp.png]
Twitter: j0Shi_f
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 11: DAL (6-4) @ NYK (2-9) | Nov 14, 7:00 pm TNT | Mavs 7.0 pt favs - by j0Shi - 11-14-2019, 03:53 PM