Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MISSING: Mavsluvr (his last picture)
(01-18-2022, 03:26 AM)meistermatze Wrote: This is enough grounds for them to let something like this happen (mavsluvr leaving, people like me and others getting upset, setting a weird precedent while acting as if it is not a big deal, …).

"Let something like this happen"....what in the world are you talking about? 

Literally, 100% of this community has chimed in to tell ML how important he is, and to ask him not to leave. I'm honestly not sure what more anyone could've done. 

He is not banned. He is not in any danger of being banned. Never has been for a second. He has not been censored. He has never been in danger of being censored. One person got mad at him (which seems to have been the goal, all along). It wasn't the board getting upset - it was one other poster. 

There is no establishment here. Some of us agreed to do a FRACTION of a percent more work than everyone else to keep this place nice, but we're not "in charge" of anything. Nobody is. It's a basketball community on the internet, not something to worry about.  If Kamm and ML can't get along, that's on them, from my perspective.

People treat Kammrath like he owns the place, but he doesn't. If it seems like he does, that's just because he does 99% of the work around here. That's not a defense of him, it's simply a fact. However, he doesn't have the power to ban someone just because he doesn't like them (not that I believe he would). That's all done by vote, and so far only one person has ever passed that vote (or even been discussed) and gotten banned - a person who was literally cussing another poster out every time they logged in!  And it took like a month of that for us all to agree to pull the trigger. (I STILL MISS THAT GUY - he was one of my favorites before he went insane). 

All of this has been explained 3-4 times, at this point. The fact that there are people acting like ML was/is/will be made to leave is bizarre to me, as if furthering this sad internet conflict is somehow providing entertainment. We (and again, "we" is the same us "you" or "us" here) have ALL asked him to stay. Pretty much everyone who posts here has chimed in with sincerity. What do you want anyone to do? We can't MAKE him stay. 

Nobody is going to ban anyone from here, probably ever, unless there are extreme circumstances involved, the likes of which this situation really hasn't come close to displaying. Nobody is going to lock this thread or delete any of its posts (unless it gets ridiculous or over the top with profanity and hate). There is no looming danger of that - it's not being discussed or considered by anyone (why on Earth would it be??). 

People here are free to think and say whatever they wish (within reason), or I wouldn't be a mod, poster or even a reader here. I suspect that most of us feel that way. Fifteenth (rightly) moved this thread here because it became obvious that it was not about basketball. That is the sum of "modding" that has been done to anyone over this kerfuffle, and it was done to a thread that ML didn't even start!

EDIT: And btw, for those who haven't noticed, the guy saying he's leaving (ML) is still here posting (HOPEFULLY FOR GOOD!) and the guy who supposedly made him leave has left (maybe for good, though I certainly hope not). This entire thing is so sad, imo, and I don't mean like the end of Bambi.
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • F Gump, fifteenth, ItsGoTime, SleepingHero
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: MISSING: Mavsluvr (his last picture) - by KillerLeft - 01-18-2022, 09:28 AM