Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MISSING: Mavsluvr (his last picture)
Hakeem,

I greatly appreciate your effort to save my thread (or at least the intended part of it) and I am also glad that you are being a voice of reason here. Sincerely, thank you!

You are also right in the sense that I oversimplified while insinuating this. Kamm can and has taken a different opinion, the problem lies in his perception, in that he took things way too personal. This happens and I not fault him or anyone for this. But this is where the misunderstanding-part ended and where the real problems started.

For him and the mods, it apparently crosses a line, when somebody feels “disrespected” and not “treated properly” on an internet message board. This is enough grounds for them to let something like this happen (mavsluvr leaving, people like me and others getting upset, setting a weird precedent while acting as if it is not a big deal, …).

For me (and I can’t speak for them but that’s how I understand mavsluvr and burkemende for example) on the other side of the fence, it kind of crosses a line, when no actual rule is broken but people’s feelings are more important than other’s freedom of expression.

From my perspective, treating others on an internet message board like actual adults in real life is the ultimate form of respect. And by that I mean, expecting them to not get hurt by some irony or sarcasm, not being overly sensitive, not expecting them being in need to be protected from words.

And yes, both sides have the right to stop the interaction but to say which side is correct and acceptable is totally arbitrary and not in any way self-explainatory.

@fifteen: Did you mean me, when you alluded to some posters not being around “to talk basketball” but “piling on kamm”? If so, the only answer I have to give is, that this matter is more important for the culture on this board than my semi-relevant basketball opinions (which I still occasionally get around to give but I admit, I should do it more often – at least I think I should, lol).

I don’t think it is unreasonable to argue this case without being regarded as a drama queen who comes here all of a sudden with the sole intention to stir things up or to further hurt kamm. Like I said, I feel this to be way bigger than every single individual on here – but you made your point, you disagree and don’t really see my point or why I keep writing.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: MISSING: Mavsluvr (his last picture) - by meistermatze - 01-18-2022, 03:26 AM