Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MISSING: Mavsluvr (his last picture)
GENERAL RESPONSE TO THE FELLOW TROLLS IN THE CAVE 

Guys and gals, 

Thanks for the numerous heartfelt responses. I highly value everyone’s thoughts. I don't think I've ever posted in the cave before!

Maybe I can say a few things to help us all move past this. 

There are a few facts that I think we all need to come to grips with. These may sound a little harsh, as business truths usually do when they are laid out in a barefaced manner, but they would apply to any ongoing enterprise. 

— Kamm acknowledged that he brought things to a head when he had heard enough from me. Maybe he was totally justified in doing that, maybe he overreacted, it doesn’t matter. What is important is to get this board back on track. Trying to sort out who was right or wrong is only delaying that process. 

— As an academic matter, some think it’s a good thing for me to move along, others that it isn’t. We’re never going to all agree on that. As a practical matter, it’s NBD. In a community boasting several hundred members, whether it contains one poster more or less frankly just isn’t that important. We all like to think we individually matter, but people running a board can’t make it all about one person. They have to keep on trucking, and that means moving on. 

-- Criticizing Kamm probably isn't accomplishing much at this point. Maybe he’ll lighten up, probably he won’t, but continuing to pile on him adds to the existing negativity, and is unlikely to change anything. 

These underlying views would be what anyone trying to run a site would think. They have a job to do. It only makes sense. So, for everyone continuing to post on these guys’ board, I recommend helping them out and making some posts about basketball. And I encourage everyone to stay. At least, give it a chance. If you have been enjoying the discussions here so far, there is no reason to think that will change. Heck, without me hogging so much posting space, maybe someone else will do some new and better recaps, or come up with another exciting feature!

I’ll post some contact info in a little bit, and answer your individual posts as warranted, assuming I don’t really get banned first. 

I very much appreciate all the good wishes. Will miss you all. 

ML
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: MISSING: Mavsluvr (his last picture) - by mavsluvr - 01-17-2022, 05:23 PM