Poll: What to do with Justin?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Crucial Trade Sweetener
33.33%
7 33.33%
Should start
47.62%
10 47.62%
Keep him benched
19.05%
4 19.05%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Justin Jackson Hype Train! All Things Justin
Justin Jackson —> Knicks 
Dennis Smith Jr —> Mavs

Wouldya?
Like Reply
Oof, Nope. Unless we can unload some of the other “want to run their own group” ball handlers out. We are overflowing already with those guys. If it was a 3 way to someone like Min with us getting RoCo (of course us giving out more salary). Something like:

Knicks => JJ
Wolves => Lee and DSJ
Mavs => Dieng and RoCo

I would be on board with that. Haven’t trade checked that to make salaries match, but it would be close. I’d be willing to go as far as adding a second (non GSW) to each of the other teams incoming.
Like Reply
(12-23-2019, 11:24 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Justin Jackson —> Knicks 
Dennis Smith Jr —> Mavs

Wouldya?

No. We have our guards. Keep JJax because he's a wing and with a couple of years with Rick (if he can stay on the roster with Legends youngsters making noise) he might figure out his NBA calling.
Like Reply
For the record, I wouldn’t want DSJ back either but it’s shocking how far his stock has fallen. I could see him dealt for another similarly disappointing 2017 pick. There are lots to choose from. 

Fultz is rebuilding some value
Ball’s value is tanking but i still like his potential as an off-ball, elite defender 
Josh Jackson is in the G League
Markkanan is stinking it up on a bad team
Ntilikina is loved in NY but still can’t play offense 
Monk wants to be the man but he’s inefficient
Justin Jackson wants to be a role player  

That’s 7 of the top 15 picks in that draft and most could probably use a change of scenery.

Edit: actually looks like Markkanan has played really well in December
Like Reply
I was an early supporter, but Justin Jackson doesn’t seem to have a role on this team. He just can’t defend worth a darn, and his offensive potential is irrelevant on a team which already has the best offense in basketball. Time to move him in a package for a bottom of the rotation defender who can provide just enough offense to keep the other team honest.
Like Reply
Jackson was viewed as a great 3-pt shooter. He was 44% two months ago. I guess the volume weared him down to only 30%. I like his agressiveness when no one wants to shoot it. Gets the ball and penetrates for a floater.
Like Reply
(01-07-2020, 09:06 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: I like his agressiveness when no one wants to shoot it. Gets the ball and penetrates for a floater

SO MUCH THIS.

This is a GREAT quality to have.
Like Reply