Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DFS (11 pts)
0%
0 0%
Maxi (11 pts)
0%
0 0%
Boban (9 pts, 5 rbds)
3.70%
1 3.70%
Seth (16 pts)
0%
0 0%
Luka (24 pts, 14 rbds, 8 asts)
29.63%
8 29.63%
DP (+18, 11 pts, 7 rbds)
0%
0 0%
THJ (+19, 20 pts)
33.33%
9 33.33%
Justin (+13, 17 pts)
14.81%
4 14.81%
Delon (+20, 6 pts, 6 asts, 7 rbds)
14.81%
4 14.81%
Jalen (+15, 13 pts)
3.70%
1 3.70%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 9 DIRKIE: Winner THJ (33%) & Runner-up Luka (30%)
Solution for the Dirkie siliness: Don't put the winner's name in the thread title. If someone wants to see the winner they can click and look at the poll itself.
Like Reply
(11-11-2019, 01:18 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Solution for the Dirkie siliness: Don't put the winner's name in the thread title. If someone wants to see the winner they can click and look at the poll itself.

Sounds good to me. 

agree it’s “silly”. Fwiw — when I first saw the Luka / Barea co-Dirkie I thought kammbro had simply made a mistake thinking they got the same number of votes. 

So i made a tounge-in-cheek post about this grave “injustice” to barea, thinking Kamm would get a quick chuckle and of course simply just fix the error. Did not expect his reaction to be to sneakily change the poll #s themselves, delete posts, move to the cave, and “report” to magick. Sheesh.
Like Reply
I agree that this whole dirkie thing is pretty annoying... just let the votes stand for themselves.  Let this drama die... please.
Like Reply
Heart 
WOW!

Mak here. Can't log into my original account anymore so just made this one to post a farewell. Feel free to ban this one as well but FYI i'm not going to create any threads and will only be using it to make this one post in this one thread, since i didn't really get any notice i figured i can at least say goodbye out of respect to some who may wonder what happened. 

Really did not expect this to get this serious but I guess my bro Kamm successfully lobbied behind the scenes to get rid of me. For the record, I never received any form of communication about any of this at any point from Kamm (or Magick) or anyone else so i'm a bit surprised. I even gave my personal phone # and email to Magick/Kamm a while back in the interest of quick and clear communication so it seems unfortunate it ended this way, without any of that at all. 

Anyway, I said from the start of this site that I would never want to infringe where i'm not wanted so will not argue the decision. I'm addicted to Mavs talk tho so I guess i'll just have to dust off my old twitter handle or finally give in to signing up on Reddit at some point. 

Thanks to everyone here that contributed to the community and put up with me through the process. I learned a lot and enjoyed the company. To everyone I may have offended at any point, I can virtually guarantee it was likely part of a bad joke-gone-wrong rather than something truly malicious intended to hurt ya. 

Love > Hate, always. I wish y'all the best of luck and a bright future!

Peace.
michaelmakda@gmail.com
Like Reply
Okay... so I think Luka is going to win every night if we put him even in the category...

frankly I remember the Dirkie being the second-best player on the team outside of Dirk. It was YEARS ago but that was how the Dirkie initially began. People just kept voting for Dirk regardless because there would be games where no one else showed up but Dirk to win it. 

In this case this year so far we haven't had a game where ONLY Luka showed up... but in that particular case... I would think it is okay to pick Luka as that should be the EXCEPTION to this Dirkie award... 

I know we have people arguing that it is the best player on the team and that it was named after Dirk, and yes sort of... but that is why it is called the Dirkie... as in Dirk-lite... as in NOT Dirk, but the next best thing. 

So the award I always thought goes to the JJBs, the JETs, the Marions, etc...

I actually spent time on google trying to find the oldest article of Dirkie possible to find this explained but I swear it used to be mentioned in the articles and explained that the award was for the next best guy on the team outside of Dirk. I couldn't find anything to help this, but I would put money on it there are articles out there explaining this. 

Instead of me forcing those who disagree with this version of the award, and making half the board upset about it...

I suggest we have TWO awards. 

We can call it the Batman and Robin awards... or we can still keep it named the Dirkie and make another name for the top dog... or something...

The Batman could be for Luka or Porzingis or ( a third star we may end up trading for later) 

this will be for the best star on the team... 

then the Robin goes to the rest of the squad for a Justin Jackson, THJ, JJB, etc to win. 

This is what I am proposing and hope we can come to a resolution of. 

We shouldn't be going to war with one another especially over a silly award. We should be happy we are winning.

and also the highest votes should go to the winner alone for one award... 

I don't know what exactly is happening, but I am just busy and now there is drama and I really don't have all the time to sort all of this out nor do I know what is happening but I saw some funky business of back and forth in the moving of threads in the moderation queue. 

You should still be able to log in just fine Mak, but I removed your Mod status for a moment as I didn't have time to address this all just yet, but I can see you and Kamm moving threads back and forth, and I wasn't trying to have some of the threads moved to the Troll Cave so I was just trying to stop them from moving there and I am not sure what is happening. 

I don't know if I need to remove you both from Mod or just one, but Kamm has done a great job staying on top of things, because I can't always be here to do this, so when he is moving things he messages me and lets me know and I am always on board with it. 

So I don't know why you had to make a second account Mak you should be able to login just fine. 

I see that both of these stories have some inconsistencies between the two of you and I would have liked that we worked this out privately and not try to air it out publically and try to make someone look bad. 

I have said I don't like the harassing of a Mod and name calling. I maybe actually agree with Mak and some others about the Dirkie award thing needing to go to the highest winner...

but I also am much stronger against creating drama in a public manner that could have been handled professionally in OUR MOD GROUP CHAT. 

This should have never gone public, and I don't like that I am having to publically interject.
Like Reply
Magick, I don't think there is anything wrong with the Dirkie award. I'd just keep it as is. I understand what Mak has a problem with. The actual winner of the vote wasn't given the award.

And regarding Mak, if he got banned, that's just crazy.
Like Reply
(11-11-2019, 03:18 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Magick, I don't think there is anything wrong with the Dirkie award. I'd just keep it as is. I understand what Mak has a problem with. The actual winner of the vote wasn't given the award.

And regarding Mak, if he got banned, that's just crazy.
he didn't get banned. 

I just removed the Mod status as I saw them going back and forth and maybe was going to remove Kamm's too, I just was stopping the back and forth for a moment and was about to email Mak and then email Kamm and talk to them both but Mak created a new profile and aired all this out publically. So now here we are.
Like Reply
(11-11-2019, 03:06 PM)Magickian Wrote: Okay... so I think Luka is going to win every night if we put him even in the category...

frankly I remember the Dirkie being the second-best player on the team outside of Dirk. It was YEARS ago but that was how the Dirkie initially began. People just kept voting for Dirk regardless because there would be games where no one else showed up but Dirk to win it. 

In this case this year so far we haven't had a game where ONLY Luka showed up... but in that particular case... I would think it is okay to pick Luka as that should be the EXCEPTION to this Dirkie award... 

I know we have people arguing that it is the best player on the team and that it was named after Dirk, and yes sort of... but that is why it is called the Dirkie... as in Dirk-lite... as in NOT Dirk, but the next best thing. 

So the award I always thought goes to the JJBs, the JETs, the Marions, etc...

I actually spent time on google trying to find the oldest article of Dirkie possible to find this explained but I swear it used to be mentioned in the articles and explained that the award was for the next best guy on the team outside of Dirk. I couldn't find anything to help this, but I would put money on it there are articles out there explaining this. 

Instead of me forcing those who disagree with this version of the award, and making half the board upset about it...

I suggest we have TWO awards. 

We can call it the Batman and Robin awards... or we can still keep it named the Dirkie and make another name for the top dog... or something...

The Batman could be for Luka or Porzingis or ( a third star we may end up trading for later) 

this will be for the best star on the team... 

then the Robin goes to the rest of the squad for a Justin Jackson, THJ, JJB, etc to win. 

This is what I am proposing and hope we can come to a resolution of. 

We shouldn't be going to war with one another especially over a silly award. We should be happy we are winning.

and also the highest votes should go to the winner alone for one award... 

I don't know what exactly is happening, but I am just busy and now there is drama and I really don't have all the time to sort all of this out nor do I know what is happening but I saw some funky business of back and forth in the moving of threads in the moderation queue. 

You should still be able to log in just fine Mak, but I removed your Mod status for a moment as I didn't have time to address this all just yet, but I can see you and Kamm moving threads back and forth, and I wasn't trying to have some of the threads moved to the Troll Cave so I was just trying to stop them from moving there and I am not sure what is happening. 

I don't know if I need to remove you both from Mod or just one, but Kamm has done a great job staying on top of things, because I can't always be here to do this, so when he is moving things he messages me and lets me know and I am always on board with it. 

So I don't know why you had to make a second account Mak you should be able to login just fine. 

I see that both of these stories have some inconsistencies between the two of you and I would have liked that we worked this out privately and not try to air it out publically and try to make someone look bad. 

I have said I don't like the harassing of a Mod and name calling. I maybe actually agree with Mak and some others about the Dirkie award thing needing to go to the highest winner...

but I also am much stronger against creating drama in a public manner that could have been handled professionally in OUR MOD GROUP CHAT. 

This should have never gone public, and I don't like that I am having to publically interject.

Man... this is crazy.  First, if Mak got banned over this, that is stupid, even though reading the complaints across many threads was silly.  He does that sometimes.  

Second, why are we sucking the fun out of something as awesome as the Dirkie?  You can't and shouldn't legislate the Dirkie.  Let people vote for who they think influenced the game, stepped up, etc...  I personally won't vote for "the best" player every time - that isn't fun.  But if Luka has a night where he goes supernova, I am voting for him.  I think many others feel the same.  The only thing that I think is in dispute here was someone trying to alter the results of the vote.  That is BS.  When the voting ends, let the person who won the vote win the Dirkie.  Why are we making co-dirikies or having mods affecting the outcome?  Having to type that seems so silly.  haha.  

#FreeDirkie #ReturnOfTheMak #MakeShotsNotWar #MFFL
Like Reply
(11-11-2019, 03:06 PM)Magickian Wrote: We shouldn't be going to war with one another especially over a silly award. We should be happy we are winning.

Agreed. And to be clear, there is no "war" here and there is no "divided board"....there is a single troll at work, that is all. All I did was put the names of the top two vote getters (because it was close) in the title and then the trolling began. 

I am fine doing what the board wants, I am not fine letting a single troll be a bully. 

I think we should get rid of the "Dirkie" and make our own thing (or things) so we don't have to be slaves to what people think they remember that we did 15 years ago.

(11-11-2019, 03:27 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: The only thing that I think is in dispute here was someone trying to alter the results of the vote.  That is BS.

There was no "altering of the vote"....there was trolling by one person. I was being silly in return, because at first I thought this person was being silly, and so for less than 10 minutes I made it look like there was one more vote for Luka and then immediately changed it back. That was all I did other than try to keep the trolling contained.
Like Reply
I want both Mak and Kammrath to be here. But I have to admit I was a bit annoyed about two mods going at each other.

I was online while it happened and saw how the polling was manipulated and that's not ok. As a mod you have to behave differently. You just cannot troll, sorry. Different standards for you.

All who participated in there behaved inappropriate.
I felt ashamed watching this going on. Didn't expect this from mods. Only saw what happened on the surfacr, so I don't know who manipulated the Dirkie thread, but indeed it was manipulated. And I refuse to believe Mal manipulated it to then spam after all by himself.
Like Reply
(11-11-2019, 03:18 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I understand what Mak has a problem with. The actual winner of the vote wasn't given the award.

What are you talking about? I just put the names of the top two vote getters as there was no clear majority and the two were just a few percentage points apart. All I did was change the title to reflect what the votes showed. Then trolling ensued. 

I seriously want nothing to do with this board (and maybe that is what people prefer) if I am going to be attacked for committing my time to helping this board out as best I can, then bullied by a troll, and then ridiculed for it all.

(11-11-2019, 03:32 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: I was a bit annoyed about two mods going at each other.

WHERE did I go after him? I did NOTHING after one silly thing for 10 mins when I thought he was joking.
Like Reply
(11-11-2019, 03:28 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 03:06 PM)Magickian Wrote: We shouldn't be going to war with one another especially over a silly award. We should be happy we are winning.

Agreed. And to be clear, there is no "war" here and there is no "divided board"....there is a single troll at work, that is all. All I did was put the names of the top two vote getters (because it was close) in the title and then the trolling began. 

I am fine doing what the board wants, I am not fine letting a single troll be a bully. 

I think we should get rid of the "Dirkie" and make our own thing (or things) so we don't have to be slaves to what people think they remember that we did 15 years ago.

(11-11-2019, 03:27 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: The only thing that I think is in dispute here was someone trying to alter the results of the vote.  That is BS.

There was no "altering of the vote"....there was trolling by one person. I was being silly in return, because at first I thought this person was being silly, and so for less than 10 minutes I made it look like there was one more vote for Luka and then immediately changed it back. That was all I did other than try to keep the trolling contained.

Getting rid of the Dirkie?  Crazy...  Just let people vote for who they want, why they want.  It isn't life of death here.  haha.  As for my altering the results comment - I wasn't specifically referring to you actually changing the votes (although that is serious trolling! haha).  I was actually referring to you naming multiple Dirkies - even the name of this thread has two named - even though there was no tie.  Just let the results stand as voted.  All good.  I am with Magik's comments on this - just be glad we won and revel in other's opinions on why we did.  TBH, I hardly care when I see the results of the Dirkie beyond my vote.  I am curious to see who others thought stepped up because maybe I missed or didn't appreciate their awesomeness.  But come on...  can't take who wins the open vote too seriously, right?
Like Reply
I don't fully know what happened but I will repeat MAK WAS NOT BANNED so this is FALSE. I temporarily removed his MOD status... NOT A BANNING. I did this to determine what is going on and who is doing what and like I said I intended to speak to them both and work this out, but wasn't even given time to do so, because now it aired out publically. 

I agree about the award thing and if Kamm is the one making it two winners and the board is upset about that, then Kamm should be doing the right thing and giving it to just one guy as the board wants.

but also Mak shouldn't be trying to air this out publically against a single Mod and trying to make Kamm look bad. Mak should have come to me or the Mod board and we could have addressed this privately. 

So I think there are faults in play here...

but I repeat Mak was never banned so that is bogus and I don't appreciate him saying he was when I didn't ban him because that is trying to make ME look bad
Like Reply
(11-11-2019, 03:38 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: who wins the open vote too seriously, right?

I showed who won the open vote....two guys (neither getting the majority) were the top two. That is all. Nothing controversial about that.
Like Reply
(11-11-2019, 03:34 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 03:18 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I understand what Mak has a problem with. The actual winner of the vote wasn't given the award.

What are you talking about? I just put the names of the top two vote getters as there was no clear majority and the two were just a few percentage points apart. All I did was change the title to reflect what the votes showed. Then trolling ensued. 

I seriously want nothing to do with this board (and maybe that is what people prefer) if I am going to be attacked for committing my time to helping this board out as best I can, then bullied by a troll, and then ridiculed for it all.

(11-11-2019, 03:32 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: I was a bit annoyed about two mods going at each other.

WHERE did I go after him? I did NOTHING after one silly thing for 10 mins when I thought he was joking.

As I said, I saw the number of votes changing back and force and I cannot know who did that, plus I saw Mak spamming inappropriately in multiple threads which was embarassing, especially for a mod.

That's all. If mak did manipulate the votes himself that would be crazy.
Like Reply
(11-11-2019, 03:39 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 03:38 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: who wins the open vote too seriously, right?

I showed who won the open vote....two guys (neither getting the majority) were the top two. That is all. Nothing controversial about that.

Love you as a poster and I have appreciated your effort for a long time, so don't take this the wrong way... There is rarely a +50% winner of polls (unless it is the "who's going to win the game" poll).  The top vote getter is THE winner.  I actually thought you started doing that to troll Mak.   Big Grin
Like Reply
I apologize to the board as I am not around enough to always get what is going on, which is why I need mods I can trust and ones who wont fight with one another. 

Kamm has been a GREAT help to me personally. I also like Mak and have never personally had any issues with him but it is clear these two do not get along well, and I don't know what to do about that. This is still the early days of the board so it is a good thing we are working it out now. I apologize for my role in this. 

I will get this worked out and there will be no more drama about this soon. We should all remember we are just Mavs fans... we won't always agree... but we can find a happy middle ground that we all agree upon and should have mutual respect for one another. 

I appreciate everything Kamm has done, so I was keen to take his side early on because he personally messages me and communicates to me regularly. Now that doesn't always mean I will agree with every choice he makes, and maybe that is something we should have worked out... something Mak I wish you would have come to me or the Mod board about instead o starting a campaign against Kamm constantly calling it a curse and trying to single out a Mod. 

I apologize this ever went public everyone, this will be resolved soon.
Like Reply
(11-11-2019, 03:43 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: The top vote getter is THE winner.

Sure, if you want to think in that mindset. Instead I see it as a place for people to collect their opinions on who was the biggest key to the game. And I was just allowing that information to be seen in the post. If you want to see the one top vote getter as THE winner fine, but others are mostly curious about what others thought and the spread of the voting is actually the most interesting to me. It is not like we are handing out a trophy.

(11-11-2019, 03:43 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: I saw the number of votes changing back and force and I cannot know who did that

I literally changed it once and then back within ten minutes thinking we were joking around (so if you saw mine you looked in that ten minute window). Anything else was someone else. There was all sorts of trolling going on. Again, I literally did nothing else than try to keep that somewhat contained.
Like Reply
Magick:

1. I don't think it's bad that it went public. If we all aee clearly what happened then we don't have to guess.

2. Obviously Kam should be Mod. This shouldn't change that. I have no doubt you can trust him. He's the forum MVP so far.

3. I hope Mak stays, but he said at the beginning that he didn't even want to be a mod.
Like Reply
(11-11-2019, 03:49 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 03:43 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: The top vote getter is THE winner.

Sure, if you want to think in that mindset. Instead I see it as a place for people to collect their opinions on who was the biggest key to the game. And I was just allowing that information to be seen in the post. If you want to see the one top vote getter as THE winner fine, but others are mostly curious about what others thought and the spread of the voting is actually the most interesting to me. It is not like we are handing out a trophy.

Personally, that is all I care about as well, which is what I said above.  But I can also read other's posts on the matter and surmise that it does matter to them... so why not cut the drama?  Just saying that it probably isn't worth it - just let the top vote getter be the winner.  Avoid any appearance of bias.
Like Reply