Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DFS (11 pts)
0%
0 0%
Maxi (11 pts)
0%
0 0%
Boban (9 pts, 5 rbds)
3.70%
1 3.70%
Seth (16 pts)
0%
0 0%
Luka (24 pts, 14 rbds, 8 asts)
29.63%
8 29.63%
DP (+18, 11 pts, 7 rbds)
0%
0 0%
THJ (+19, 20 pts)
33.33%
9 33.33%
Justin (+13, 17 pts)
14.81%
4 14.81%
Delon (+20, 6 pts, 6 asts, 7 rbds)
14.81%
4 14.81%
Jalen (+15, 13 pts)
3.70%
1 3.70%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 9 DIRKIE: Winner THJ (33%) & Runner-up Luka (30%)
Brick 
Who was the player of the game who upped their game to get the road win?
Like Reply
Luka
THJ
Seth
Like Reply
I frankly gave it to Justin because I like him and I don't like THJ and Powell. Justin did look great tonight.
Like Reply
Luka basically could've had a 30 point triple double but the team was up so he never played. He was THAT good tonight.

Honorable Dirkie to Boban for shutting down JV
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Lol. Why even vote if the leading vote-getter might not be acknowledged as the Dirkie winner and the poll numbers will be artificially manipulated to reflect OP’s opinion. 

LOVE > HATE

LIFT THE CURSE KAMMBRO. PLS LIFT THE CURSE.
Like Reply
THJ played very well. I've got to give a beleaguered MAV love when he deserves it.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
Okay let's stop this curse talk and just drop it. clearly we arent cursed we won. And this sort of rivalry doesnt benefit anyone nor bring us anything to work with or go forward with

so lets just drop it and move on,....
Like Reply
Delon again with great defense and just all around consistency! I got Seth and JJ right behind him. JJ missed 2 wide open layups in a row when the game was close/we were down, so I had to slide down to 3rd lol but he might have gotten the Dirkie otherwise.
Like Reply
I would've given it to THJ if he did ANYTHING other than score.
Like Reply
THJ, his shots came with great timing, killing Memphis momentum.  We'd be hard to beat if he'd be accurate every game as he was tonight.
Like Reply
(11-10-2019, 03:53 AM)radioaktiv Wrote: THJ, his shots came with great timing, killing Memphis momentum.  We'd be hard to beat if he'd be accurate every game as he was tonight.

I'm not a regular THJ detractor and actually believe he's been generally better than I expected (not wanted), but, how can you be in an NBA game for 22:13 and not get a single rebound? Talk about single minded contribution. I cannot reward that.
Like Reply
Whenever we involve Boban, great things happen. Needs more playing time!

JJ was great, he made a point to start next game.

THJ is really showing he can be a great 6th man, I love what he brings, although he should never be a starter.

Luka, brilliant as always.

The starting unit does not play well enough defense. These games would be blow outs if we had the D and that offense with Luka. Main reason for this is Powell. Bring in Kleber more and play Boban and KP and this team will very hard to score against.
Like Reply
THJ was good last night. But, man; need some consistency from him if we want to make noise. Give me 14 pts a night from him and i'll be happy. Seth was balling early. After no shots in the NYK game; it was seeing him hits those 4 shots early on. 

There's nothing else to say about Luka. Another day, another game. This dude is built for the post-season. 

Boban is huge. Still amazes me seeing him out there. Good stuff usually ends up happening when he is out there.
Like Reply
(11-10-2019, 10:24 AM)iolide Wrote: This dude is built for the post-season. 
Like Reply
(11-10-2019, 08:47 AM)burekemde Wrote: Main reason for this is Powell.

I don't agree. Yes, he was exploited to some extent - although you can't really expect him to cover much heavier JV on the post. But Boban can't offer any help on PnR which resulted in some open threes for Memphis early in the game. First unit as a whole was bad defensively, not just one guy.
Like Reply
(11-10-2019, 10:24 AM)iolide Wrote: THJ was good last night. But, man; need some consistency from him if we want to make noise. Give me 14 pts a night from him and i'll be happy.

Give him 1.4 minutes a night and I'll be happy.
Like Reply
(11-10-2019, 04:45 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(11-10-2019, 03:53 AM)radioaktiv Wrote: THJ, his shots came with great timing, killing Memphis momentum.  We'd be hard to beat if he'd be accurate every game as he was tonight.

I'm not a regular THJ detractor and actually believe he's been generally better than I expected (not wanted), but, how can you be in an NBA game for 22:13 and not get a single rebound? Talk about single minded contribution. I cannot reward that.

I thought he did his part on defense (had that stop vs JJJ, for example).  I also don't need him to rebound as much as I need him to score.  We'd have beaten the Knicks, for example, if his shots were falling the other game.
Like Reply
(11-10-2019, 12:13 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(11-10-2019, 10:24 AM)iolide Wrote: THJ was good last night. But, man; need some consistency from him if we want to make noise. Give me 14 pts a night from him and i'll be happy.

Give him 1.4 minutes a night and I'll be happy.

14 points on 1.4 minutes? I think even you’d be askin for more of him then!
Like Reply
(11-09-2019, 10:18 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Who was the player of the game who upped their game to get the road win?

Had to think about this one. If that is the criteria I'll go with THJ. Couldn't have picked a better time to drill 5/9 threes and drop an efficent 20 than on the night with KP out.
Like Reply
Lol. 

THJ got the most votes, but again, gets relegated to share a co-Dirkie with OP’s personal god Lukafer. 

Not saying there’s a curse. Just noting the odd pettiness. Carry on.
Like Reply