Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Fish here
DL just signed up here, I think. 

I’ve sent messenger pigeons to go find VintagePeja.
Like Reply
(09-19-2019, 05:32 PM)Mak Wrote: DL just signed up here, I think. 

Oh right, we gotta have VP!!
Like Reply
(09-19-2019, 05:34 PM)fifteenth Wrote:

and tmoge...someone send out a smoke signal ASAP...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(09-19-2019, 05:47 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote:

TMOGE is the Skip Bayless of db.com past. He achieved undeserved forum fame via trashing Dirk and then faded into the sunset more and more as Dirk rose up and proved him idiotic.
Like Reply
(09-20-2019, 08:47 AM)fifteenth Wrote:

TMOGE is the Skip Bayless of db.com past. He achieved undeserved forum fame via trashing Dirk and then faded into the sunset more and more as Dirk rose up and proved him idiotic.
I was trolling...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(09-20-2019, 08:54 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote:

I was trolling...

well you caught me you pro!
Like Reply
(09-20-2019, 08:54 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: I was trolling...

We already kept the forum mod troll. Not you too!!! Tongue
Like Reply
lol Clutch. 

My favorite Yuku memory is when i lost my wallet a couple times within a certain time frame after a couple night outs vented on that board. Man, must've been like 10 years ago. Sheesh. Time flies.
Like Reply
Has anyone monitored the development of Fish's Forum?

I personally stopped visiting his site including his articles. So he lost me entirely.

What about you?
Like Reply
I think he's still on that garbage SI software.

Here we don't have to put up with MrMak or Fish talking down to ppl who disagree with him. They did a good job of clearing out trolls a couple of years ago but then started suspending accounts that were not trolls but rather ppl who were mad at Fish.
Like Reply
I'm just wondering if I'm the only whom he has lost entirely with his latest switch to another software?

I feel like that last switch was one too much, but if that's really the case, I'm wondering how much he regrets it already (financially)?
Like Reply
(10-10-2020, 02:41 PM)WillE Wrote: I'm just wondering if I'm the only whom he has lost entirely with his latest switch to another software?

I feel like that last switch was one too much, but if that's really the case, I'm wondering how much he regrets it already (financially)?
I was a pretty hardcore defender of Fish until I figured out the newest site wasn't going to have any semblance of a message board. I haven't read an article since coming here.
Like Reply
I think he is back to being a Cowboys first guy. There was a point in time where the Mavs had overtaken them and he focused most of his articles on basketball related topics. Now that he lost his Mavs community and probably also because he expected the post Dirk Mavs to get less attention he probably is doing 80% Cowboys / 20% Mavs.
Still doing his usual clickbait articles but at some point even the most desperate and hopeful fan won´t fall for them.
I think the transition stage from the old board to SI and ultimately to this place really exposed that he did not care about the board and the community.

On a sidenote: What happened to DLord? Seems like his twitter account is more of a Trump campaign bot these days and he hasn´t posted any basketball related content in ages.
Like Reply
(10-10-2020, 03:26 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: What happened to DLord? Seems like his twitter account is more of a Trump campaign bot these days and he hasn´t posted any basketball related content in ages.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply

Didn't see this one. I thought TMOGE's tremendous skill in trolling made him a fantastic poster. And I don't think he was ever a Dirk hater; he was just a little sore that whenever things weren't going well basketball-wise, it was never Dirk's fault as opposed to other players. I disagreed with him, but his way of promoting his point was pretty hilarious. Skip is pondscum; TMOGE wasn't.

The poster I really wondered about was Kenny. He stopped posting the minute we traded for Luka. He was so violently opposed to drafting him, said he was done as a Mavs' fan if it happened, and kept his word. I wonder if he's eating crow and enjoying the Mavs now that Luka was acknowledged as the league's 4th-best player as a sophomore. Ditto HLC, who always anal-expulsively defended Wes (good grief), VAJ (horrors), and Barnes (gimme a friggin' break) at the expense of Luka.
Like Reply
(10-10-2020, 03:26 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: On a sidenote: What happened to DLord? Seems like his twitter account is more of a Trump campaign bot these days and he hasn´t posted any basketball related content in ages.

Shockingly he is another one of those wearing a mask should be my personal choice. FREEDOM.

Yeah and it´s my personal freedom of choice to run traffic lights on red. I like the colour much better than green. So how is it my problem that these children walk on green. These little sheep, always following the herd. Never think for themselves. Also leeching health care from their parents, receive public education and pay no taxes. I did the taxpayer a service. Shy
Like Reply
(10-10-2020, 06:50 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: The poster I really wondered about was Kenny. He stopped posting the minute we traded for Luka. He was so violently opposed to drafting him, said he was done as a Mavs' fan if it happened, and kept his word. I wonder if he's eating crow and enjoying the Mavs now that Luka was acknowledged as the league's 4th-best player as a sophomore. Ditto HLC, who always anal-expulsively defended Wes (good grief), VAJ (horrors), and Barnes (gimme a friggin' break) at the expense of Luka.

If this is the guy I’m thinking about, he now spends his Mavs fan time on twitter, telling anyone who’ll listen that the Mavs would’ve made the conference finals if only they’d have traded for Andre Drummond at the deadline.

I think we’ll be ok without him.
Like Reply
(10-10-2020, 02:44 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 02:41 PM)WillE Wrote: I'm just wondering if I'm the only whom he has lost entirely with his latest switch to another software?

I was a pretty hardcore defender of Fish until I figured out the newest site wasn't going to have any semblance of a message board. I haven't read an article since coming here.

Ya I follow his Twitter feed but I don't look at his site much if there isn't anything newsworthy. I used to pull it up all the time.
Like Reply
(10-10-2020, 02:44 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:

(10-10-2020, 03:26 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I think he is back to being a Cowboys first guy. There was a point in time where the Mavs had overtaken them and he focused most of his articles on basketball related topics. Now that he lost his Mavs community and probably also because he expected the post Dirk Mavs to get less attention he probably is doing 80% Cowboys / 20% Mavs.
Still doing his usual clickbait articles but at some point even the most desperate and hopeful fan won´t fall for them.
I think the transition stage from the old board to SI and ultimately to this place really exposed that he did not care about the board and the community.

Exactly and that's why I feel betrayed by him.

He claimed to care about the forum and would work to install something similar over there but not only that never happened but he also turned his activities away from the Mavs.

I mean how dishonest can you possibly be?

If he would at least have been honest - now I couldn't care less about a guy who built this community...
Like Reply
(10-11-2020, 06:20 AM)WillE Wrote: Exactly and that's why I feel betrayed by him.

He claimed to care about the forum and would work to install something similar over there but not only that never happened but he also turned his activities away from the Mavs.

I mean how dishonest can you possibly be?

If he would at least have been honest - now I couldn't care less about a guy who built this community...

I get his contract not allowing a promotion of an outside forum over there, but I'm just surprised he's made no effort at all to bridge the gap over here 
Can't imagine who would even click on the articles there. Has to be a horribly low clickthrough rate
Like Reply