Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
2022 NBA Draft: #37 Jaden Hardy (6' 3", 6' 9" WS) to DAL | two 2nds to SAC
(06-23-2022, 10:27 PM)Paul Gasol Wrote: Noooooooooooo!!!! Indeed!!!

Shot absolutely TERRIBLY....and cannot defend.
Like Reply
Hot take time. New regime. Same old draft BS.
Like Reply
(06-23-2022, 10:29 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Shot absolutely TERRIBLY....and cannot defend.
Well, cannot defend is a Mavs specialty in acquisitions!
Like Reply
(06-11-2022, 12:23 AM)Kammrath Wrote: RE: Jaden Hardy

So I looked at him again since the Mavs worked him out....ugh, I just do not like what I see. 

1) TERRIBLE defender, both on-ball and off-ball.

2) Not a good athlete overall and poor lateral quickness.

3) Cannot finish at the rim. 

4) Can generate jump shots for himself but makes a poor percentage.

5) His one strength is catch and shoot (40% from three) and free throws (88%).

He might find a niche in the NBA as a shooter, but I don't really like any other part of his game.

Yeah.....
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(06-23-2022, 10:26 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Wait. Lakers can get a 2nd for one pick and cash. Mavs have to pay two. And part two. Why Hardy. FFS.

I guess Mavs didn't pay cash Smile
Like Reply
(06-23-2022, 09:56 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Drugs? Domestic Violence? It got out that he's a fan of Machine Gun Kelly?

Must be some red flags somewhere, serious ones.
Like Reply
This is a Jordan Poole swing. 

I definitely wanted Liddell more but also wanted to take a swing at Hardy.  It’s cheap and if some of the upside hits then it’s a great pickup for a team that needs some young upside pieces.  

Liddell, to me, is a guy that you hope can replace Maxi within the next few years which is I think I great end of roster piece.  

Mavs went upside.
Like Reply
(06-23-2022, 10:30 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Yeah.....

Bigger DSJ with even worse decision making.
Like Reply
Well, this should destroy anyone who still didn't want to keep Josh Green
Like Reply
Liddell is really slipping, wonder why? Cavs are up next.
Like Reply
I like the pick. Will slot into the Dinwiddie 6th man role in the future.
Like Reply
(06-23-2022, 10:30 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Yeah.....

Good thing you have so much faith in Nico.
Like Reply
I like the Hardy gamble.  A few weeks ago he was my listed # 1 choice for 26.  Now obviously teams had him rated lower than I did, but it is a solid gamble.  He very well could be our Hardaway replacement in a year or so.   Low cost, young player.  We really need a few guys like this.

Hardy has some Jason Terry in him.  Big balls Smile.  He won't shy away in tough situations.   It may be ugly for a while and you will need to coach him hard to get him in the right role.  I think the G-league helped.   Gave him much better experience over going to college.  He got humbled a bit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(06-23-2022, 10:31 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Bigger DSJ with even worse decision making.

Really, really hope I am wrong on this. He should be a shooter immediately....but what else?
Like Reply
How many players will Memphis collect?

Shams Charania on Twitter: "Sources: San Antonio will pick Kennedy Chandler at No. 38 and trade him to Memphis." / Twitter
Like Reply
(06-23-2022, 10:28 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC-Uezq1a6A

Only had time to watch the "1v1 scoring" part of this video, but so far, I really like his creation. CRAZY good hezzi, and his handles overall seem uncommonly polished and smooth.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/IsaacLHarris/status/...6403422209
Like Reply
(06-23-2022, 10:26 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Because Cuban wants NOT to give up cash.

Because if you want to buy back into the 2nd round in the future you can always spend the cash then.

I know we don't care about Mark's money (I certainly don't), but 2 future seconds is simply a smarter use of resources than 1 future second plus actual cash now.
Like Reply
I don't love it, but it's better than what they did last year. They also successfully got rid of two future 2nds which seems to be an important side quest.
[-] The following 2 users Like loki's post:
  • ItsGoTime, Jmaciscool
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1540176824491282433
Like Reply