Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
2022 NBA Draft: #37 Jaden Hardy (6' 3", 6' 9" WS) to DAL | two 2nds to SAC
(06-15-2022, 10:43 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I cannot imagine that Eason will be available at 26. Haven´t seen him lower than 15-20

I think it is unlikely, BUT I think three things are at work:

1) He is not a "riser" like Jalen Williams. His value in draft evals peaked long ago so he is a possible "slider" on draft night.

2) Wasserman has commented that he thinks Eason could fall to the "late first round."

3) Eason doesn't have any obvious "star" potential and simply screams "NBA role player" and for many teams and GMs they are looking to find the "diamond in the rough" star through the draft. Oftentimes guys with only "role player" potential slide in the draft.
Like Reply
(06-15-2022, 10:51 AM)hakeemfaan Wrote: This cannot be taught.

I feel like LaRavia, Terry, and Jalen all have a "feel for the game" that cannot be taught. I love that about them.
Like Reply
(06-15-2022, 10:51 AM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Terry

When I watch film on Terry I come away with two feelings:

1) I LOVE the way he plays.

2) I would LOVE to have him on my team.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • hakeemfaan, michaeltex
Like Reply
I have a bias for precise passes in the half court. If you see Luka and Jokic play you can see that. When I see Terry I see perfect entry passes to the post be it a lob or a bounce. I see bounce passes in traffic that require precision and the ability to see the light among trees. Old timers who watched Stockton play can relate how the simplest things are in fact the most difficult to do when the game slows down.  Plus Terry is a big guard. 

That’s why I like him a lot but agreed that there are some others in the mix who might not have his vision but have other strengths.
Like Reply
(06-15-2022, 10:18 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: LaRavia or Lidell cause they have the best looking back of the jersey names!!!
After more thought, LaRavia is my pick. He’ll have the best nickname on the team: Jake “from State Farm” LaRavia!!!
Like Reply
Quote:Teams believe the Sacramento Kings will be hoping to find a partner that will make a big offer for the No. 4 pick.

Quote:Who Bites on 1st True Center?

Duren worked out for the Portland Trail Blazers, who seem like a best-case outcome for the projected first true center taken. The Blazers need to improve defensively, and rim protection is Duren's selling point.

He doesn't seem like a realistic target for the New Orleans Pelicans at No. 8, assuming they want more spacing with Zion Williamson returning. The Spurs make sense for Duren. The Wizards played Kristaps Porzingis at center with Kyle Kuzma and Rui Hachimura in the rotation. And the New York Knicks' need for offense makes it difficult to imagine they will grab a 5 who can't shoot or create, even if they lose Mitchell Robinson.

The lowest he could fall figures to be to the Charlotte Hornets at No. 13. For the Oklahoma City Thunder at No. 12, the idea of pairing defensive aces in Holmgren and Duren has to be appealing.

Quote:16. Atlanta Hawks: Jalen Williams (Santa Clara, PG/SG, Junior)

17. Houston Rockets (via Nets): Ousmane Dieng (New Zealand Breakers, SG/SF, 2003)

18. Chicago Bulls: EJ Liddell (Ohio State, PF, Junior)

19. Minnesota Timberwolves: Tari Eason (LSU, PF, Sophomore)

20. San Antonio Spurs (via Raptors): Dalen Terry (Arizona, PG/SG, Sophomore)

21. Denver Nuggets: TyTy Washington Jr. (Kentucky, PG, Freshman)

22. Memphis Grizzlies (via Jazz): Walker Kessler (Auburn, C, Sophomore)

23. Philadelphia 76ers: Jaden Hardy (G League Ignite, SG, 2003)

24. Milwaukee Bucks: Blake Wesley (Notre Dame, SG, Freshman)

25. San Antonio Spurs (via Celtics): Ismael Kamagate (Paris Basketball, C, 2001)

26. Dallas Mavericks: Nikola Jovic (Mega, SF, 2003)

27. Miami Heat: MarJon Beauchamp (G League Ignite, SF, 2000)

28. Golden State Warriors: Jake LaRavia (Wake Forest, PF, Junior)

Quote:Tracking Terry

Terry has gotten workouts for teams with top-10 picks, including the Indiana Pacers (who also own No. 31) and Portland Trail Blazers (who also own No. 36). He's becoming an intriguing sleeper to track given his clear predraft rise, unique game and statistical profile.

For a point guard, Terry's measurements (6'7¼" in shoes, 7'0¾" wingspan) popped at the combine. He's being viewed as a positionless player who can handle and play-make and defend forwards. It's still extremely uncommon to see a guard-wing type generate first-round attention after averaging just 11.5 points per 40 minutes. But his unconventional archetype and versatility seem to be playing to his favor.

Quote:Players Slipping

Rising prospects mean others have to fall. Brown, Baldwin and Montero sound like the most vulnerable among players who were projected to be selected in the first round.

Brown's lack of offense became more alarming as the season went on, and his defense didn't appear strong enough to make up for his lack of creation and poor shooting. His speed and quickness testing results in Chicago were underwhelming.

Baldwin has scouts nervous about his brutally inefficient season, historically low vertical numbers and seemingly casual approach.

Feedback on Montero has been mostly about scouts' desire to see more and hear more positives from the Overtime staff.

Quote:31. Indiana Pacers (via Rockets): Christian Braun (Kansas, SG/SF, Junior)

32. Orlando Magic: Andrew Nembhard (Gonzaga, PG, Senior)

33. Toronto Raptors (via Pistons): Bryce McGowens (Nebraska, SG, Freshman)

34. Oklahoma City Thunder: Trevor Keels (Duke, SG/SF, Freshman)

35. Orlando Magic (via Pacers): Patrick Baldwin Jr. (Milwaukee, PF, Freshman)

36. Portland Trail Blazers: Christian Koloko (Arizona, C, Junior)

37. Sacramento Kings: Kendall Brown (Baylor, SF, Freshman)

38. San Antonio Spurs (via Lakers): Jaylin Williams (Arkansas, PF, Sophomore)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2956...atest-buzz
Like Reply
(06-15-2022, 09:54 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: ESPN has a mock this morning.  They had Beaucamp at 26

23 Hardy
24 Jovic
25 Liddell
26 Beaucamp
27 Terry
28 Laravia
29 Houston
30 Roddy
 others
32 Braun
33 Peyton Watson
34 Jaylin Williams
35 Keels
36 Wendell Morre
37 Koloko
38 Diop
39 McGowans
40 Kendall Brown
41 Baldwin
42 Bessen
43 Kamagate

45 Justin Lewis
46 Max Christie
47 Jd Davison
48 Minott
54 Nzosa

A lot of interesting guys in the second round who are probably two way guys to start out.

I´d love to have Liddell/Beauchamp at #26 and Moore/Koloko at #32/#35 and unlike somebody else, I think you can get Fultz + 32 +35 for THJ, if the Magic pick Ivey. Fultz has two years at 28M left. He´s behind Ivey, Suggs and Anthony. So what is he supposed to do in Orlando? Play off the ball with his MCW-esque 24% 3pt shooting. THJ is the perfect veteran leader and off-ball 3pt shooter to compliment these other guards. A former #1 pick at age 24 playing behind three rookies on a losing team is just asking for trouble.  A little different behind Luka on a contender.

Hopefully the changes in the front office lead to prospects performing for us in workouts rather than try to tank out, so they don´t have to suffer under Carlisle.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/HoopAnalysisNet/stat...9487706112
Like Reply
@"Paul Gasol" I got your private message but was unable to respond because you apparently have private messages disabled. Thanks for the message and your thoughts!
Like Reply
(06-15-2022, 12:14 PM)Kammrath Wrote: @"Paul Gasol" I got your private message but was unable to respond because you apparently have private messages disabled. Thanks for the message and your thoughts!

Hey, no fair! @"Paul Gasol" never PM's me!!!! I like thoughts!
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • hakeemfaan, Kammrath
Like Reply
(06-15-2022, 12:14 PM)Kammrath Wrote: @"Paul Gasol" I got your private message but was unable to respond because you apparently have private messages disabled. Thanks for the message and your thoughts!
Sorry, I’m super analogue so don’t even know how I’d go about enabling my private messages!

@"KillerLeft" you can have my “prayers”, but I’m not prepared to share my “thoughts” with you at this juncture… although I do like your opinions Smile

regarding the draft, I’m positive on:

Liddell
Eason
Wesley
William
Terry
Braun
Laravia

and low on:

Mcgowens
PBj
Hardy
Brown
Houston

middling on the other prospects in our range…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul Gasol's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(06-15-2022, 12:30 PM)Paul Gasol Wrote: @KillerLeft you can have my “prayers”, but I’m not prepared to share my “thoughts” with you at this juncture

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzHJKAT3lqTyRyXVl4f3E...A&usqp=CAU]
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(06-15-2022, 12:30 PM)Paul Gasol Wrote: Wesley

What do you like in Wesley? I have sort of dismissed him without too deep of a dive?
Like Reply
Beauchamp makes a lot of sense for the Mavs. He’s a bigger wing (positional 4), which is where I believe the roster is most shallow (behind Dorian). He physically looks like Kelly Oubre, but imagine if Oubre focused on defense above his scoring totals. MarJon is not likely to play in year 1, but he could by the 2nd year - he just needs more high-level, organized basketball experience and some refinement on his jumpshot (not a major project like Kendall Brown).
[-] The following 1 user Likes VintagePejav2's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(06-15-2022, 01:02 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: Beauchamp makes a lot of sense for the Mavs. He’s a bigger wing (positional 4), which is where I believe the roster is most shallow (behind Dorian).

As far as positional fit I like Eason, Liddell, LaRavia, and Beauchamp.
Like Reply
Saw this on Reddit but two probably undrafted guys that deserve at least a look are Ron Harper Jr and Gabe Brown.

Harper needs to slim up a little but he sort of resembles Tobias Harris in build.   His dad is Ron Harper the former Bull and Cav.

Gabe Brown lacks a ton of production but he has NBA wing size, a good three point shooter and free throw shooter and could find a role as a 3 and D guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlcmPlahtus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGvCfENW2II&t=56s
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/status/1...2587588611
Like Reply
(06-15-2022, 01:39 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/status/1...2587588611

Is he falling because of defensive concerns?
Like Reply
(06-15-2022, 02:56 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Is he falling because of defensive concerns?

He is a top "riser" (not falling) in the draft because there were massive concerns about his athleticism and whether his shooting was for real. He tested well athletically and shot the ball REALLY well at the combine. LaRavia was nothing more than a 2nd round pick and now he could go in the 20s.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/...6902321153
Like Reply