Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
2022 NBA Draft: #37 Jaden Hardy (6' 3", 6' 9" WS) to DAL | two 2nds to SAC
One thing that seems to be true about Hardy is that he just loves basketball. Sure all pro's do, but some start to take it easy when they make it to the big leagues. 

I have no clue if Hardy will workout, but based on his previous interviews and the fact he chose to forego college to play in the G-League makes me think he's going to work hard everyday to improve. 

I hope I'm right!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-27-2022, 10:19 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: One thing that seems to be true about Hardy is that he just loves basketball. Sure all pro's do, but some start to take it easy when they make it to the big leagues. 

I have no clue if Hardy will workout, but based on his previous interviews and the fact he chose to forego college to play in the G-League makes me think he's going to work hard everyday to improve. 

I hope I'm right!

It´s definitely worth the gamble. Of course stats are widely neglected, when it comes to these evaluation, but all the highschool kids have roughly a 1:1 AST/TO ratio in the G-League, except Daniels. All of them shoot far below 30% from 3pt range, except Jalen Green. What sets Hardy apart from the other "highschool stars" is the real poor 2pt FG%, but he´s also by far the best FT shooter.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/tim_cato/status/1541894820133732352
Like Reply
Jaden Hardy was drafted as a replacement for JB....it all makes sense now.
Like Reply
(06-28-2022, 04:28 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/tim_cato/status/1541894820133732352

If this is true, then why the hell did we not try to get something back in S&T?  Maybe the don't want to give up any quality players, and instead want to dump contracts for draft compensation, and we don't want to pay tax for that kind of move.  If we have known this long that Brunson is gone and we don't at least get our 23 back I will consider this a complete failure.
Like Reply
(06-28-2022, 04:28 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/tim_cato/status/1541894820133732352

[Image: wide__1300x731]

(06-28-2022, 04:38 PM)mvossman Wrote: If this is true, then why the hell did we not try to get something back in S&T?  Maybe the don't want to give up any quality players, and instead want to dump contracts for draft compensation, and we don't want to pay tax for that kind of move.  If we have known this long that Brunson is gone and we don't at least get our 23 back I will consider this a complete failure.

Couldn´t they also gotten in on the whole Knicks draft fuckery and gotten that 11th pick by takng Kemba into our TPE and agreed on a Brunson S&T. Huh 

If they truly let Brunson walk for nothing, Cuban is officially a cheap bastard.
Like Reply

Hardy draft, Payton rumors. It does make sense that Dallas has been gaming out JB replacements for a little while.
Like Reply
(06-28-2022, 04:46 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: [Image: wide__1300x731]

Couldn´t they also gotten in on the whole Knicks draft fuckery and gotten that 11th pick by takng Kemba into our TPE and agreed on a Brunson S&T. Huh 

If they truly let Brunson walk for nothing, Cuban is officially a cheap bastard.
At #11, the Dallas Mavericks select: Jaden Hardy!
Like Reply
Hey Mark/Nico,

Just to be safe, lets make sure we make him a restricted FA when he is up, just in case.    Free advice from an amateur.
[-] The following 4 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, Mavs2021, MaxiThreeba, Smitty
Like Reply
(06-28-2022, 05:51 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Hey Mark/Nico,

Just to be safe, lets make sure we make him a restricted FA when he is up, just in case.    Free advice from an amateur.

Don´t be so harsh on Mark. It was a unique situation. Usually rookies don´t last until the end of their rookie deal here. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(06-28-2022, 05:51 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Hey Mark/Nico,

That was Donnie's job to make him a RFA when he was drafted.
Like Reply
(06-28-2022, 06:15 PM)Playmaker Wrote: That was Donnie's job to make him a RFA when he was drafted.
That's fine.

For me though, until things looks different, I will blame Cuban.  Donnie had to go though.    The head of the snake is still here.   If Cuban is deeply involved in player acquisition, it is a really bad sign.    Even if Nico is great at the job (and we have no proof), he has no chance if Cuban is pulling most of the strings.

(06-28-2022, 06:15 PM)Playmaker Wrote: That was Donnie's job to make him a RFA when he was drafted.
That's fine.

For me though, until things looks different, I will blame Cuban.  Donnie had to go though.    The head of the snake is still here.   If Cuban is deeply involved in player acquisition, it is a really bad sign.    Even if Nico is great at the job (and we have no proof), he has no chance if Cuban is pulling most of the strings.
Like Reply
(06-28-2022, 05:30 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: At #11, the Dallas Mavericks select: Jaden Hardy!

He was top 9 on their board Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/sixfivelando/status/...3221965825
Like Reply
(06-28-2022, 06:27 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: He was top 9 on their board Smile

Top 9 teenager? Should have known it wasn't top 19.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/15...2707316736
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/sixfivelando/status/...4352545792
Like Reply
As someone who had Hardy high on my wish list, I will be honest that it is probably more likely he is not with the team in two years than a part of the regular rotation.   But I am hopeful and excited to see his development.    I think we will need to be patient.

These next two years will be huge for him in his development.   I was glad to hear that it appears he was coached hard this past season.   It was probably good to see him humbled a little bit.  It probably won't be the last time.    He will need to take advantage and be a pro when no one is watching (besides his coaches).  He will probably get very few minutes at least this year...maybe longer.   

I am a believer in guys who are alphas on the court and when teammates also have this impression of them.   I also love how he is a natural scorer.  The rest of his game needs growth.  The quickest way he will get court time is being able to not be a negative on defense and having trust in the coaching staff that he knows the correct rotations.   The  more playing time you get, the more growth you typically see.
Like Reply
Why can't Jaden Hardy be a superstar player?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fuerza1's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply
I think he’s already better than Brunson. JB is easily replaceable.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply